Rafa Complaining

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
britbox said:
Kieran said:
nehmeth said:
GameSetAndMath said:
You should not say bad on lacatch as he is not a regular poster. He has less than 100 posts.

:s Then bad on nehmeth for not checking post counts.

(I just remembered I had enjoyed reading some of his posts.)

Yeah, you're not allowed to call another poster "Hitler" until they have 150 posts under their belt and we know they can take it... :snigger

I concur Hannibal.
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVlkZVAw8Gc[/video]

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
nehmeth said:
Kieran said:
Federberg, can you give us an example of a poster "falsely accusing people of racism."

Sometimes you make claims which you can't back up... :nono

Go to the WTA forum Kieran... sometimes it's a daily occurrence.

Wimmin, eh? :snigger

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
nehmeth said:
Kieran said:
Federberg, can you give us an example of a poster "falsely accusing people of racism."

Most of us on the ATP forum give the WTA forum the same treatment we give the WTA. Hence ignorance of what goes on over there :D

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Broken_Shoelace said:
nehmeth said:
Kieran said:

Most of us on the ATP forum give the WTA forum the same treatment we give the WTA. Hence ignorance of what goes on over there :D

:cover

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:

Why would not you say he cannot back it up? Didn't they already delete your post
in which you called another poster racist? :laydownlaughing

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Kieran said:

Why would not you say he cannot back it up? Didn't they already delete your post
in which you called another poster racist? :laydownlaughing

They did, and do you remember why I said that? ;)

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions
TsarMatt said:
I. Haychew said:
TsarMatt said:
I personally don't care how much any player complains. I mean, they're entitled to critique as much as they want. Yeah, this may be a simpleminded way of looking at it, but that's what I honestly believe.

I have you beat when it comes to being simpleminded:
* I can't stand it when players who I hate complain.
* Depending on the "severity" (subjective term on my part), I give passes to my phavorites when they complain.

Haha, I guess that's the 'theatre' of sport for you.

But do you really hate players? I really can't. I mean, sure, there's some I prefer to others, no denying that, but on the whole, I appreciate all the athletes on tour in some level or another. The amount of training, travelling, and effort they put in is commendable.

And tennis really is a lonely sport when you think about it. You're out there on your own constantly, and your mind is often your greatest friend and your greatest enemy. There's a sense of security playing a team sport. Not with tennis, though, in my opinion.

Nah, I don't hate anyone. I'll rephrase...I hate complaining by players who I can't stand. I agree with your entire post.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Since we have this thread, I thought this might be apropos...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2218950-is-rafael-nadal-in-danger-of-being-labeled-a-whiner

No judgement on my part! Don't shoot the poster :D

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
federberg said:
Since we have this thread, I thought this might be apropos...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2218950-is-rafael-nadal-in-danger-of-being-labeled-a-whiner

No judgement on my part! Don't shoot the poster :D

Bleacherreport. That is all we need to know.

Also, this part is quite ridiculous:

"In November 2013, Nadal complained about the ATP finals being played on indoor hard courts. He told Tennis.com, 'During these nine years the Masters Cup was on indoor, a surface that was not the best for me ... I understand, but I think this is unfair.'

You think Roger Federer wishes a few French Opens could be played on grass? But every year, the same thing...clay. That's just wrong."

That's a ridiculous analogy.

Anyway, Rafa is not in danger of being labelled a whiner. He has been already, and for a while now. And it's not unmerited. He does complain, a lot too. A lot of the time he has a point though.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Complaining about the YEC being indoors is not one of those times (where he has a point). Does he not see how ridiculous it'd be to go from indoor hard courts for over a month and then immediately play the biggest event of the Fall on a different surface? I know we had this discussion last year when he first started complaining about it. He doesn't have a point there. Wafa's problem is he has stunk indoors up until this point.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
^I do agree, complaining about the YEC doesn't make sense to me. This is a tradition that goes back decades, so in a way it is like complaining that RG is played on clay. I don't recall hearing that Borg, or Kuerten or another player complained about that tournament because the format is not advantageous to them.

It seems self-serving to me..

I do have a lot of sympathy with his general complaint that there are too many hard-court tournaments though. Given the physicality of the sport in this era, there should be some sensitivity to player health. It seems to me that addressing the surface issue would be to go for more grass. Not sure if he would be happy with that! The only think I would venture is that perhaps he should be smarter about raising these issues to avoid sounding self serving

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Now, Manacor's bull complains about his poor stomach....he has always something to complain about !!! I thought 'Le Mur des Lamentations" was in Israel !!

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
^Ah! So it wasn't really complaining then... How can he play if he has appendicitis. I didn't think that was possible

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
federberg said:
^Ah! So it wasn't really complaining then... How can he play if he has appendicitis. I didn't think that was possible

Vilas played with an appendicitis once in RG, I remembered that he was operated just after but he was really sick

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
He can play, as he has been treated aggressively with antibiotics. If the inflammation recedes and he is not in pain, he could give it a shot.
But once it gets reoccurring, he might need to undergo surgery.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
^I'm not convinced about the wisdom of using antibiotics. The last thing he wants is to have to get an emergency operation in Shanghai. Maybe the healthcare system is good there, I don't know, but surely somewhere in Europe would be best. Why take the risk?