Rafa Complaining

lacatch

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Tented: RE: Point #1iiI did--please go back and reread my original posting; and 2)I believe it was generally reported and that this wasn't news (or big news) to anyone. Had I thought it a more obscure story, I would have posted a link. I'm still interested in what others think about the psychology theory.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
lacatch said:
Tented: RE: Point #1iiI did--please go back and reread my original posting;

I didn't interpret it that way initially, so your follow-up helps.

2)I believe it was generally reported and that this wasn't news (or big news) to anyone. Had I thought it a more obscure story, I would have posted a link.

OK.

I'm still interested in what others think about the psychology theory.

That's a much more interesting topic than what the thread has been about thus far.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Front242 said:
I think it's much more of an issue to not accuse people of trolling rather than being too lazy to check (a) tennis.com or (b) google. If someone doesn't provide a link that's the first thing I look for and in that order actually, tennis.com (crap as they are with editing) first and then google.

They're both equally disrupting and unnecessary. Calling someone a troll is trolling itself because it's meant to illicit a response. Trolling in any fashion is not welcome here and will be dealt with accordingly.

Not everything is sourced on tennis.com. Sometimes it's SI, NY Times, Huffington, etc. Whatever the source is, it's not our responsibility to go research someone else's claims. We're not fact checkers here. Everyone should be citing a source for their claim unless it's just an opinion and even then it should be expressly stated as such. It doesn't take much effort to add "IMO" to a post.

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions
TsarMatt said:
I personally don't care how much any player complains. I mean, they're entitled to critique as much as they want. Yeah, this may be a simpleminded way of looking at it, but that's what I honestly believe.

I have you beat when it comes to being simpleminded:
* I can't stand it when players who I hate complain.
* Depending on the "severity" (subjective term on my part), I give passes to my phavorites when they complain.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
The "Rafa prefers to be a chaser" thing is a false narrative IMO. Everyone prefers to be world number 1. I also don't see the correlation between that and his complaints since he complains even when he's sitting at the top of the rankings.

TsarMatt

Major Winner
Reactions
I. Haychew said:
TsarMatt said:
I personally don't care how much any player complains. I mean, they're entitled to critique as much as they want. Yeah, this may be a simpleminded way of looking at it, but that's what I honestly believe.

I have you beat when it comes to being simpleminded:
* I can't stand it when players who I hate complain.
* Depending on the "severity" (subjective term on my part), I give passes to my phavorites when they complain.

Haha, I guess that's the 'theatre' of sport for you.

But do you really hate players? I really can't. I mean, sure, there's some I prefer to others, no denying that, but on the whole, I appreciate all the athletes on tour in some level or another. The amount of training, travelling, and effort they put in is commendable.

And tennis really is a lonely sport when you think about it. You're out there on your own constantly, and your mind is often your greatest friend and your greatest enemy. There's a sense of security playing a team sport. Not with tennis, though, in my opinion.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
tented said:
Front242 said:
I think it's much more of an issue to not accuse people of trolling rather than being too lazy to check (a) tennis.com or (b) google. If someone doesn't provide a link that's the first thing I look for and in that order actually, tennis.com (crap as they are with editing) first and then google.

But that's just it: if the person who was so interested and so motivated in sharing this -- to the point where he even felt it deserved its own thread -- had taken the few seconds to include a link in their OP, the trolling comments would never have been posted in the first place.

Most regulars here know that a verifying link is expected in the post. So I agree with you there (bad on lacatch)

Regulars also know that going from "0 to trolling accusations" in one post isn't good either (bad on pushy) Maybe I haven't read enough, but from what I've seen lacatch has been a fair poster.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
nehmeth said:
tented said:
Front242 said:

But that's just it: if the person who was so interested and so motivated in sharing this -- to the point where he even felt it deserved its own thread -- had taken the few seconds to include a link in their OP, the trolling comments would never have been posted in the first place.

Most regulars here know that a verifying link is expected in the post. So I agree with you there (bad on lacatch)

Regulars also know that going from "0 to trolling accusations" in one post isn't good either (bad on pushy) Maybe I haven't read enough, but from what I've seen lacatch has been a fair poster.

You should not say bad on lacatch as he is not a regular poster. He has less than 100 posts.
But, bad on pushy is a good call as he has over 2000 posts.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Are there any sanctions for name calling? I don't care personally, but I would hope that the response to Anti calling someone a troll, which didn't seem justified to me (although I admit I haven't followed all of lacatch's posts), isn't dependent on who he follows. I'm not making an accusation. Just asking...

It doesn't have to be public, but it does seem a bit strange to me that 2 things were.. incorrect. One poster discussing something which Rafa had done - he had his own interpretation of something factual but didn't supply a link. Another was unreasonably insulting. Only one poster was challenged. Maybe it should have been both?

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
federberg said:
Are there any sanctions for name calling? I don't care personally, but I would hope that the response to Anti calling someone a troll, which didn't seem justified to me (although I admit I haven't followed all of lacatch's posts), isn't dependent on who he follows. I'm not making an accusation. Just asking...

It doesn't have to be public, but it does seem a bit strange to me that 2 things were.. incorrect. One poster discussing something which Rafa had done - he had his own interpretation of something factual but didn't supply a link. Another was unreasonably insulting. Only one poster was challenged. Maybe it should have been both?

Dude or dudette whatever applies to your gender or preference, Relax.. I didnt call someone a troll.. here is what I posted..

this troll latented post.

If that offended you then maybe you should ban or sanction yourself for a few weeks or etc.. This thread has produced absolutely nothing.. this was directed to just try to isolate Rafa as a complainer but fail to mention other players who said the same thing.. There are forums that subscribed to just plain ole sissy gossip and I would advise the poster or yourself to visit it. I aint going anywhere, so you might as well get use to it

One last thing..I want you to go back through all of these threads, all most ever poster on this board have called someone a Troll but I have never seen you say that they needed sanctions against them, why.. single me out. hmmmnn

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
You should not say bad on lacatch as he is not a regular poster. He has less than 100 posts.

:s Then bad on nehmeth for not checking post counts.

(I just remembered I had enjoyed reading some of his posts.)

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
nehmeth said:
GameSetAndMath said:

Yeah, you're not allowed to call another poster "Hitler" until they have 150 posts under their belt and we know they can take it... :snigger

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
federberg said:

Dude or dudette whatever applies to your gender or preference, Relax.. I didnt call someone a troll.. here is what I posted..

If that offended you then maybe you should ban or sanction yourself for a few weeks or etc.. This thread has produced absolutely nothing.. this was directed to just try to isolate Rafa as a complainer but fail to mention other players who said the same thing.. There are forums that subscribed to just plain ole sissy gossip and I would advise the poster or yourself to visit it. I aint going anywhere, so you might as well get use to it

One last thing..I want you to go back through all of these threads, all most ever poster on this board have called someone a Troll but I have never seen you say that they needed sanctions against them, why.. single me out. hmmmnn

Lol! Dude as it happens. As I said I didn't care. I was more interested in the reaction function of the mods. It seems to me... if one wants to be dainty about it (and I repeat I'm not bothered) 2 things happened which could be called wrong. Only one was focussed on. I wouldn't want you to go anywhere, I find your posts interesting :D I just wanted to know how things work here. People call people trolls (or their postings), others falsely accuse people of racism etc.. it all seems to be ok. But heaven forbid anyone says anything remotely negative about dear Rafa..:blush:

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kieran said:
nehmeth said:
GameSetAndMath said:

Yeah, you're not allowed to call another poster "Hitler" until they have 150 posts under their belt and we know they can take it... :snigger

homer-simpson-doh.gif

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Federberg, can you give us an example of a poster "falsely accusing people of racism."

Sometimes you make claims which you can't back up... :nono

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
federberg said:
the AntiPusher said:
federberg said:

Lol! Dude as it happens. As I said I didn't care. I was more interested in the reaction function of the mods. It seems to me... if one wants to be dainty about it (and I repeat I'm not bothered) 2 things happened which could be called wrong. Only one was focussed on. I wouldn't want you to go anywhere, I find your posts interesting :D I just wanted to know how things work here. People call people trolls (or their postings), others falsely accuse people of racism etc.. it all seems to be ok. But heaven forbid anyone says anything remotely negative about dear Rafa..:blush:

Actually, I wouldnt want you to go anywhere either, I had another poster say last week that she likes your posts and ask me my opinion.. I am good with things.. no worries

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
federberg said:
the AntiPusher said:
federberg said:

Actually, I wouldnt want you to go anywhere either, I had another poster say last week that she likes your posts and ask me my opinion.. I am good with things.. no worries

Glad to hear it. I certainly wasn't trying to pick on you or anything. I was just curious about some of the reactions to this thread :cool:

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Kieran said:
nehmeth said:
GameSetAndMath said:

I concur Hannibal.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
britbox said:
Kieran said:
nehmeth said:
GameSetAndMath said:

I concur Hannibal.

Thank you, Chairman Mao!

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kieran said:
Federberg, can you give us an example of a poster "falsely accusing people of racism."

Sometimes you make claims which you can't back up... :nono

Go to the WTA forum Kieran... sometimes it's a daily occurrence.