Qatar Total Open 2014

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Simo will need to implore the same plan today except she will need to be more patient as Kerbie is a touch better defensively than Aga/Sara combined. She can't lose the plot if it takes her a few more shots in the rally to set up the point. Attack the weak 2nd serve of Angie and she should be bringing home the title.

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
Running Angie side to side will not be easy or effective, she will counter punch.
This is a huge final and one of these two ladies will be crowned here for the first time, neither has been here before.
The finalists haven't played each other since 2009, much has changed since.

Angie has been hot, she has beaten a hot JJ in straights, I will have to go with Angie on this one, she also enjoys the lefty advantage.
Angie in straights, but it'll be close, her longer experience will get this done.

Si Si Simona

Major Winner
Reactions
Kiu said:
Running Angie side to side will not be easy or effective, she will counter punch.
This is a huge final and one of these two ladies will be crowned here for the first time, neither has been here before.

Angie has been hot, she has beaten a hot JJ in straights, I will have to go with Angie on this one, she also enjoys the lefty advantage.
Angie in straights, but it'll be close, her longer experience will get this done.

I gave Angie only 2% advantage (51-49 chance) and just because I was in a generous mood ;)
25 minutes before the start and I say HAIDE SIMONA ! Finish her off
Suddenly I feel confident and I have no clue why :rolleyes: I feel Simona's energy from thousands miles away :)
Comn Simo !!

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Kiu said:

Just because it's not easy doesn't mean it isn't effective. Contrary to popular belief, Angie can't counter punch effectively if she's out of position or out of breath. If she thinks she likes to run so much, keep feeding her habit.

Si Si Simona

Major Winner
Reactions
kskate2 said:
Kiu said:

Just because it's not easy doesn't mean it isn't effective. Contrary to popular belief, Angie can't counter punch effectively if she's out of position or out of breath. If she thinks she likes to run so much, keep feeding her habit.

No chance she can run as much as Simo. My fear is Angie superior power in her ground strokes.
It may sound like a primitive idea but its a REAL WORLD idea.
Bye for now, going to watch the match.

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
It's early and Simona has the upper hand, breaking twice and firing more winners, Halep is in command of the first set 4-1, she will serve next.

Edit: Simo leads 5-2 , she will serve for the set.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Simo takes the opener 6-2. She hasn't even attacked Angie's 2nd serves yet. Once she does that, it'll be a short day for Angie.

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
Simona takes the first set after Angie commits the ultimate Tennis crime during a break point, she comes to the net for a sure winner but called out for a touch violation.

It's worth mentioning, Simona's second serve is much attack-able too, although Angie hasn't been taking advantage.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
It is Kiu, but Simo is a little better at defending her 2nd serve.

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
Sometimes she goes for it too.
Simo takes the first break of the second set, thanks to some sloppy play from Angie and great consistency from Simona, she has played a much cleaner game.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Angie DF's on MP. Congrats to Simo on her first title of 2014 and her 7th overall.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Well done, Halep for beating the sore loser Kerber. Still, I feel sorry for anyone losing on a double fault.

Si Si Simona

Major Winner
Reactions
At 5-2 1st set... I ran out of emotions :rolleyes:
I had two very rough and tough 2 weeks with my girl Simona from Budapest to Doha. It was just too much to follow her in every shoot and every up and down during this time... the life of a crazy fan :rolleyes:
I just got into a strange serenity mood, like an out of body experience... weird stuff.
I started to take the Simo win for guaranteed, a soul corruption I say..
I will come back. I am just too tired mentally. :cool: :)

Simona Halep - The new NO.9 in the world ! - she worked so hard for that ! :)
She was ranked 62 only 9 months ago... AMAZING! :puzzled

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Halep's jump up in the rankings is one of the most impressive I've seen in years and she's still very young and constantly improving. What a boob reduction can do for a good player, huh ? :D

Si Si Simona

Major Winner
Reactions
Front242 said:
What a boob reduction can do for a good player, huh ? :D

If we were on "another forum" I would have gone for your jugular for repeating that again, but here its just too nice to do that :D
I told you it has nothing to do with her game. The reducation was 3-4 years ago.
We men are all the same... ;)

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Well, seriously it did have everything to do with her improvements since she had it. She said herself she can move much better now. We miss them but she clearly doesn't :D

Si Si Simona

Major Winner
Reactions
Front242 said:
She said herself she can move much better now.

She said that 3 years ago and... still could NOT beat any good player until May 2013. You do the math.
You avoid the grey cells for some reason. :D Why are you doing that? She has a lot of them and working!

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Movement and tennis experience/court awareness improved :) And promise no more boob talk :D

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
Congrads to Halep for her biggest paycheck ever and 900 points.
201402161117406622079_o.jpg

She overcame a shaky start of the year and a new coach, remarkable.

Si Si Simona

Major Winner
Reactions
Front242 said:
Movement and tennis experience/court awareness improved :)

Firing her coach and becoming independent and mature made Simo what she is today. Nothing to do with the reduction. She understood that she needs to "stand up and fight" and attack, and stop being a defensive robot.

Front242 said:
And promise no more boob talk :D

Thank god for that :D
See you after her 8th title... :) which reminds me to change my avatar to 7 ! :D