Qatar Total Open 2014

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Make it 2 breaks for Simo 3-0. And I told you the recipe to beating Aga yesterday. Simo is doing it flawlessly

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Really impressed with Halep...she is giving Aga a taste of her own medicine at the moment.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
And she ends it on a winner. Great match by Simo. She did everything she needed to today. Moves into the final 7-5 6-2

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Congratulations to Halep a well deserved win...
Good luck in the final against Kerber.

Si Si Simona

Major Winner
Reactions
kskate2 said:
Make it 2 breaks for Simo 3-0. And I told you the recipe to beating Aga yesterday. Simo is doing it flawlessly

:emperor::celeb::violins: I cant believe what I have just seen. Ok, its "just tennis" but I still cant believe it :D
All the doubts, the people who dont like her, all the past depressions just gone and disappeared :D :D

Simo said after the match, that she was "over powering" at the start. Then she had to change at 2-5 and she started doing what you told her to do ;)

Amazing show against the NO.3 (not no.4) in the world ! I wonder what her doubters will say now.
I got so touchy because of her, damn :D Its like defending your own child ffs... ;)

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
Semifinal scores

Both higher seeds prevailed against their lower seeded opponents.
201402151247460737104_o.jpg

Scores:

Saturday, February 15, 2014

singles - Semifinals
[6] Angelique Kerber (GER) d [5] Jelena Jankovic (SRB) | 6 - 1 | 7 - 6 (6) |
[7] Simona Halep (ROU) d [2] Agnieszka Radwanska (POL) | 7 - 5 | 6 - 2 |

doubles - Semifinals
[3] K Peschke / K Srebotnik (CZE/SLO) d [1] S Errani / R Vinci (ITA/ITA) | 6 - 2 | 3 - 6 | 10 - 7 |
[2] S Hsieh / S Peng (TPE/CHN) d [7] A Pavlyuchenkova / N Petrova (RUS/RUS) | 6 - 3 | 6 - 2 |

Top seeded Italian Doubles team is out as well.

I have order of play:

15:30 - [3] Kveta Peschke / Katarina Srebotnik (CZE / SLO) V [2] Su-Wei Hsieh / Shuai Peng (TPE / CHN)
18:00 - [6] Angelique Kerber (GER) V [7] Simona Halep (ROU)

Si Si Simona

Major Winner
Reactions
Kiu said:
Both higher seeds prevailed against their lower seeded opponents.

You just made Simona a top 3 player in the world :D You meant this:
Both lower seeds prevailed against their higher seeded opponents.
It was amazing to see how Simo took control after being 5-2 down. Aga didnt bother her anymore after that ! :puzzled

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Hopefully Halep as Kerber's too grumpy for my liking. A bit of a sore loser in many matches I've watched her play and lose.

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
I hope Halep takes the title. What a great player. I can see her winning a major. Very possible.
Next stop for Halep is top five in the rankings.

Si, have you stop hyperventilating? What a comeback from almost losing the first set to winning the match in straights.

special700

Masters Champion
Reactions
Si Si Simona said:
Simo just BAGELED Aga !! 6 games in a row. 7-5 1-0 and a break for Simo !
HAIDE SIMONA !!:D :clap :D:clap I am "a bit" shocked :D

Congrats man I know you are happy. I hope your girl wins the hardware tomorrow.

Si Si Simona

Major Winner
Reactions
Front242 said:
Hopefully Halep as Kerber's too grumpy for my liking. A bit of a sore loser in many matches I've watched her play and lose.

Kerbie's problem is that she just cant finish matches. It happened to her many times, its not just in my imagination.
She is losing her mental stability when she needs to bring it (the win) home. I am watching her for a long time and thats her weakness. She gets tensed and emotional, thats why she gets the sore loser face. She knows that she blew it and she gets upset on her self afterwards.

10sfan said:
Next stop for Halep is top five in the rankings.

:) :celeb: :approved:

10sfan said:
Si, have you stop hyperventilating?

No, not yet :blush: :D I am still euphoric and silly ;)

special700 said:
Congrats man I know you are happy. I hope your girl wins the hardware tomorrow.

Thanks sp :)

Si Si Simona

Major Winner
Reactions
Simona was interviewed before the final v Kerber and said:
"I will start aggressively and if it doesnt work then I will change my tactics in same way as I did against Aga and I will start playing a controlled aggressive match."

She listens to kskate2 advices on this thread :)

I hope she misses the Dubai event. Its just too much. She played 8 full matches in 12 days and will likely to get injured in Dubai :( and... Serena waits in the semi final... its just too much. No points to defend while the IW and Miami are mandatory events, and she must do well in them.
Simo, please quit the Dubai event for your own health.

Si Si Simona

Major Winner
Reactions
Ok, my last hijack embarrassing post (until the final ;) )

THIS WAS THE BIGGEST WIN IN SIMONA HALEP'S CAREER.

1) She created a huge gap of 920 points from the ranked 11 Caro who will actually need to win a grand slam to go past Simona. Simona can effort not playing at all for 3 months and still be a top 10 !
2) Simona never beat a currently ranked NO.3 in the world. Aga is 3rd start of Monday.
3) The biggest amount of ranking points that she achieved in any event, 585 points.
4) The confidence and self belief that she got by just going through such a big win - PRICELESS :)

Si Si Simona

Major Winner
Reactions
My finals match prediction:
A much tougher match for Simona than anyone predicts.
Her last two matches were against players with no physical power advantage over her. They fitted her style of play. Kerber is physically stronger than Simona and that will cause problems for Simona.
I would even go as far and say that Kerber has 51% chance of winning this match ! :blush:
Do not underestimate the importance of sheer power in tennis. I learned to respect that through the matches that Simo lost.

Simona, please prove me wrong again ! :)

P.S. - Maybe I act emotionally and I just prepare myself for a lose, but my logic makes sense to me.
How I wish to be wrong... :rolleyes: