Poll: which shot was an easier/worse/more inexcusable miss by Federer against Nadal?

Which shot was an easier/worse/more inexcusable miss by Federer against Gnatal?

• The put-away forehand at Hamburg 2008 at 5-1, 40-30

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The drop-shot at Roland Garros 2011 at 5-2, AD-Federer

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I know everyone here knows that Federer's level was worlds above Nadal's in those two sets, since Federer's best level on clay was better than Nadal's. And that makes those two misses by Federer all the more inexcusable.

So which of those two shots do you think was worse? I am addressing Fed fans particularly.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think it's the shot that he missed in the 2008 French Open final when he was down 1-6, 3-6, 0-5 (30-40) and he hit that forehand long. If he had not missed that forehand he would have came back and won that match.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think it's the shot that he missed in the 2008 French Open final when he was down 1-6, 3-6, 0-5 (30-40) and he hit that forehand long. If he had not missed that forehand he would have came back and won that match.

I have to disagree with you on that one. Lol.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
I know everyone here knows that Federer's level was worlds above Nadal's in those two sets, since Federer's best level on clay was better than Nadal's. And that makes those two misses by Federer all the more inexcusable.

So which of those two shots do you think was worse? I am addressing Fed fans particularly.

I remember both matches well. The pos was down 2-5 in the first set in Hamburg 2008 and took a medical timeout and down 2-5 in set 1 of RG 2011 he changed his bandages taking way more than the allocated time to deliberately ruin Federer's momentum. Unsporting pos of the highest order. Note the same scoreline in each and when being soundly thumped he had no option but to use his dirty bag of tricks.

Admittedly Federer shouldn't have lost focus but that's easier said than done when your body cools down from stopped play and ruined rhythm. The clowns here proclaiming him a god fail to realize he's done this and other things to Federer A LOT. If he's so amazing and so superior to Federer (in their eyes only btw) then why exactly does he need to do these things? Because he's not. He's gotta try and win some other way when losing. Wimbledon this year again when Federer was serving for the match and Indian Wells 2012 semi when he was serving for the match he runs off to the toilet. A prick. Nuff said.

Re the shots in the poll, who cares. Can't change history but we can remember history and history will remember those unsporting match changing tactics the prick used many times. Those 2 matches in your poll are good examples along with the others I mentioned.

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I remember both matches well. The pos was down 2-5 in the first set in Hamburg 2008 and took a medical timeout and down 2-5 in set 1 of RG 2011 he changed his bandages taking way more than the allocated time to deliberately ruin Federer's momentum. Unsporting pos of the highest order. Note the same scoreline in each and when being soundly thumped he had no option but to use his dirty bag of tricks.

Admittedly Federer shouldn't have lost focus but that's easier said than done when your body cools down from stopped play and ruined rhythm. The clowns here proclaiming him a god fail to realize he's done this and other things to Federer A LOT. If he's so amazing and so superior to Federer (in their eyes only btw) then why exactly does he need to do these things? Because he's not. He's gotta try and win some other way when losing. Wimbledon this year again when Federer was serving for the match and Indian Wells 2012 semi when he was serving for the match he runs off to the toilet. A prick. Nuff said.

Re the shots in the poll, who cares. Can't change history but we can remember history and history will remember those unsporting match changing tactics the prick used many times. Those 2 matches in your poll are good examples along with the others I mentioned.
i saw that match in its entirety. Rafa came into the match a bit nervous and his game was cold which led to the slow start. About 35 mins into the match, Rafa forehand was finally dialed in and he began to control the center of the court. The ball began bounce higher and began to kick high to Roger backhand. Roger foolishly thought he could claim the set from the baseline but Rafa began to dictate the pace of the rallies. Game , set Match.. TOUCHE’

Reactions: Moxie

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
i saw that match in its entirety. Rafa came into the match a bit nervous and his game was cold which led to the slow start. About 35 mins into the match, Rafa forehand was finally dialed in and he began to control the center of the court. The ball began bounce higher and began to kick high to Roger backhand. Roger foolishly thought he could claim the set from the baseline but Rafa began to dictate the pace of the rallies. Game , set Match.. TOUCHE’

True, the whole match was a “missed shot” for Methuselah.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I thought you said it was to change his bandages, is all. And yes, I know you have them all catalogued in your little notebook.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
I thought you said it was to change his bandages, is all. And yes, I know you have them all catalogued in your little notebook.

No that was RG 2011. My little notebook is stored upstairs. It's not hard to remember a handful of matches when your favourite player has been screwed over.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
so true !!!

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Nadal fans typically gloss over those incidents, instead only talking about the time he takes between points.

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Or maybe cause it’s been a fucking decade.
No. He tried the same at Wimbledon vs Federer this year, but it didn’t work. He tried though. That gives you an idea of what kind of person he is. He will do anything possible to try to win. I am not sure if he has done that to Djokovic before.

Maybe it’s part of his tennis IQ.

Reactions: Front242

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
nadal been a better mover on court than Federer, that's why him[ Federer] has always looked a little on slow in their matches even then he's won.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
No. He tried the same at Wimbledon vs Federer this year, but it didn’t work. He tried though. That gives you an idea of what kind of person he is. He will do anything possible to try to win. I am not sure if he has done that to Djokovic before.

Maybe it’s part of his tennis IQ.

Ah yes please sarcastically bring up tennis IQ when you weren’t able to mention a single tennis related point I’ve made about his IQ. Neither did @Front242 by the way.

Just a question, how much longer does changing bandages take compared to a regular change over?

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sorry to disappoint Federer fans but the ultimate cheat will always be Federer taking long breaks against Wawrinka SF and Nadal F at the AO 2017 right after they won the 4th set and had the momentum. This is how Federer won his 1st slam in 5 years, by cheating. But he will be punished because Nadal will end up with the slam record.

Reactions: Andy22

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
Federer also cheated at Wimbledon 2012 then he got injured [using weird meds] to help him recover and even than he was getting smashed in the final by murray until rain saved him but not the oympics.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Sorry to disappoint Federer fans but the ultimate cheat will always be Federer taking long breaks against Wawrinka SF and Nadal F at the AO 2017 right after they won the 4th set and had the momentum. This is how Federer won his 1st slam in 5 years, by cheating. But he will be punished because Nadal will end up with the slam record.

He had a groin strain the whole week you dumb prick. Did he win set 3 by 6 games to 1 in the 3rd set of the final because that happened well before he went off court? What's that I hear? No. Yes, exactly. He just whooped him.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Federer also cheated at Wimbledon 2012 then he got injured [using weird meds] to help him recover and even than he was getting smashed in the final by murray until rain saved him but not the oympics.

Wtf you on about LOL :lulz1: