Poll: Was Nick Kyrgios's probation punishment excessive?

Was Nick Kyrgios's probation punishment excessive?

• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No, it was just right.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, but he should have been suspended.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I happen to think it was. What Kyrgios did in Cincinnati was excessive but I don't think it warrants 6 months of probation. Most of Kyrgios's ranting is harmless but it adds some flavor to matches.

This is a great example of how the white "leftists" who run international organizations and major companies don't connect at all to urban sports culture. What Kyrgios does is commonplace in the NBA but the testosterone-deficient white weenies who run the ATP tour can't handle it.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Maybe you are right, but I don’t care for this clown.
Would like to have a „conversation“ with him.
Don’t think he would talk shit when getting the right answers, or maybe he will, could be more stupid than I think he is.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Maybe you are right, but I don’t care for this clown.
Would like to have a „conversation“ with him.
Don’t think he would talk shit when getting the right answers, or maybe he will, could be more stupid than I think he is.

Look, I understand he can be annoying at times. But a lot of what he does amounts to just noise. He doesn't really harm anything. If an umpire has to deal with Kyrgios mouthing off at him a little bit, then so be it. The umpire can just say something back and move on from it.

Also, I really don't think that this suspension and getting a sports psychologist to talk to Kyrgios everyday to keep him calm is going to fix anything. The heart of the problem with his outbursts toward umpires is his play, which causes himself frustration. This is a tennis issue more than a psychological issue.

Reactions: Bonaca

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
I happen to think it was. What Kyrgios did in Cincinnati was excessive but I don't think it warrants 6 months of probation. Most of Kyrgios's ranting is harmless but it adds some flavor to matches.

This is a great example of how the white "leftists" who run international organizations and major companies don't connect at all to urban sports culture. What Kyrgios does is commonplace in the NBA but the testosterone-deficient white weenies who run the ATP tour can't handle it.

I get your point, but tennis is a different sport. You are really not supposed to interfere with your opponent and Kyrgios does that. Again, I don't say that as diss to the guy. The point I've been making about him since I don't know when is that he is a smart fellow, so hell yes he knows what he is doing.

I really do not think what he does is "harmless", in the sense that he often is able to interfere in the way his opponent plays. One thing that is telling is how more experienced, smarter players make a dedicated effort to ignore him. One great example is how Federer refuses to interact with him in this occasion: