Noventi Open / Halle, Germany, ATP 500, 2019

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Ok fed holds to 5-5. Although no bps were involved, it was not straightforward either.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
In the best case, this set will go to TB. Fed is not going to break the boxer.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
My stream switched to football from 5-5 :cry:

But, looks like Fed broke and serving for the match.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I don't understand why the streams have a way of failing at the most important moments.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Tsonga is coming from a long injury break and Fed had to struggle so much to beat him. I am not sure this Fed is ready to win WImby.

Reactions: Fiero425

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Fed next plays RBA. I expect that one to be an easy match and hoefully a straight set win.

After that, it will get tough with Coric in SF and Sasha/KK in finals.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I am not sure either. Roger was pathetic. He was struggling to hold serve on grass against Tsonga and was very lucky to win this match.

I'm sure he shouldn't be there. The man is kidding himself with this schedule leading up to Wimbledon. He got caught up in that sentimental BS and it probably will cost him a good chance to win this Wimbledon. I'm not saying 2019=2017 but he had a strong Dubai - Miami run.

A couple months rest like the past 2 seasons would have left him in a good spot to win Wimbledon which he desperately needs to help protect the legacy. Playing clay and RG for a bunch of fans was taking his eyes off the ball.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I just looked at the stats. It was a very close match. Almost all stat items are close.

Fed won 99 points and Tsonga won 98 points.

No breaks for either one in the first set, and Fed won in TB. Fed lost the second after being up a break.

Fed broke at 5-5 in the third.

Reactions: Moxie

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Fed broke at 5-5 in the third.

That's when I came back home and switched on a TV. The first thing I saw was Fed fan looking like young Britney Spears wearing a red cap with RF logo. Fed played his best in last two games and delivered two BH winners.

BTW I feel sorry for you fighting with those streams, been there many times.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
That's when I came back home and switched on a TV. The first thing I saw was Fed fan looking like young Britney Spears wearing a red cap with RF logo. Fed played his best in last two games and delivered two BH winners.

BTW I feel sorry for you fighting with those streams, been there many times.

It was at 5-5, my stream suddenly switched to football (it was DigiSports TV stream). Anyway, I just saw what happened. Fed got some net cord luck in his last game when he was closing out as well.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It was at 5-5, my stream suddenly switched to football (it was DigiSports TV stream). Anyway, I just saw what happened. Fed got some net cord luck in his last game when he was closing out as well.
That was a bad choice by Tsonga, he had a whole FH side empty when doing a high volley was it and then got punished by Fed's BH which caught a net cord. Tsonga looks like he is coming back to some decent form, that is my impression, cause I saw him also a bit against Paire.

Reactions: Moxie

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Look at the state of grass court tennis. Coric and Sousa going at it for a 26 shot rally on the match point. Halle is supposed to be the fastest grass court.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Highlights of all four matches of today at Halle in just five minutes.

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
Fed letting Tsonga back in the match in the 2nd set is the most worrying part for Wimbledon. Lucky escape today.

Shivashish Sarkar

Major Winner
Reactions
Federer's inconsistent. That's what I feel. He is great for two games and a half and then has no clue how to play the same guy for a whole set next. A backhand pass comes next. And a double fault follows.

Reactions: Fiero425