Noventi Open / Halle, Germany, ATP 500, 2019

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Herbert just beat Monfils, fairly easy too. Herbert failed to serve it out in first set and almost lost a TB where he had good lead. Monfils is indeed in the blues, but so is Svitolina who also lost at nearly same time. They should've stayed together.

Last edited:

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Zverev beat Hasse, coming back from 2:5 in the 2nd set. Sacha is sometimes really painful to watch. I could see that in the 2nd set, he had his ups and downs. What is worrying is his loss of serve. He gets broken so easily. Like in the 2nd set he gets broken, later he breaks back and in the next game he is broken again. I mean come on, he has a good serve he should hold it. He needs to do something about the double faults, it looks to me like an issue where he gives free points and looses confidence to hold a serve. Never saw him serve and volley, but why? Lendl was watching him, but it doesn't look like they are improving or changing anything.

Anyways, he got a win in 2 sets, got back in 2nd and won 7:5, Hasse had a BP at 6:5, 30:40 and they played a 41 shot rally which Zverev won.

Reactions: Moxie and Fiero425

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Zverev beat Hasse, coming back from 2:5 in the 2nd set. Sacha is sometimes really painful to watch. I could see that in the 2nd set, he had his ups and downs. What is worrying is his loss of serve. He gets broken so easily. Like in the 2nd set he gets broken, later he breaks back and in the next game he is broken again. I mean come on, he has a good serve he should hold it. He needs to do something about the double faults, it looks to me like an issue where he gives free points and looses confidence to hold a serve. Never saw him serve and volley, but why? Lendl was watching him, but it doesn't look like they are improving or changing anything.

Anyways, he got a win in 2 sets, got back in 2nd and won 7:5, Hasse had a BP at 6:5, 30:40 and they played a 41 shot rally which Zverev won.

Sascha's right up there w/ Grigor; tons of talent, but wasted! They'll frustrate & give you agita tryin' to support them, but I'm over it! :banghead:

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sascha's right up there w/ Grigor; tons of talent, but wasted! They'll frustrate & give you agita tryin' to support them, but I'm over it! :banghead:
I hope he doesn't become a quitter and keeps working hard for success. He started giving me agita a bit, but I'll give him some time and see if he improves and stops giving me agita and I take a type of crap like I've been eating some collard greens :lulz2:

Reactions: Fiero425

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions

………..and Halle is supposed to have faster courts than Wimbledon and Queens! :facepalm:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I don't agree with the Dimitrov analogy. I don't think Alex has so many weapons, and that he is ambitious and a hard worker. He's got a lot going on right now. Plus, as Broken pointed out, he's still very young. I think there's plenty of time for him to turn in some good and great results.

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

For fuck's sake, Fiero. How is winning 4 big titles before your 22nd birthday "wasted talent?!" What exactly are your standards?

Zverev has had a fine career so far. He is slow to go deep into Slams, but so was Roger Federer. Give him another year or two before calling him a bust. He'll most likely get there.

Reactions: Federberg and Moxie

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
Frauderer needs to win this to get 2nd seed in Wimbledon or else mowgli will get it so no respite here for fraud.

Last edited:

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
For fuck's sake, Fiero. How is winning 4 big titles before your 22nd birthday "wasted talent?!" What exactly are your standards?

Zverev has had a fine career so far. He is slow to go deep into Slams, but so was Roger Federer. Give him another year or two before calling him a bust. He'll most likely get there.

He's right. The Letsgoyelling ziraffe will never win a slam.

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Well Matt’s Wilander had 4 Major titles by the age of 20.....
but then again he never won another past 24.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Struff palyed Halle 9 times and never won a single match! 7 times in main draw and 2 times in qualies. He is playing now and won a first set against Djere. That match win here is long overdue and he might finally get it.

Reactions: GameSetAndMath

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I searched this roof in Halle, wanted to know more about it and I found a good article in UK times only to be asked for subscription. I noticed the same on US papers, at least the most respected ones. The problem is I don't read papers that often to be subscribed and most what they write does not concern me here in Croatia, but I understand this is a way of survival for the newspapers.

Anyway, I managed to read until the first time the tournament was played in 93. They had a washout day on wednesday and organisers were very upset by it. Next thing you know, they have a roof in 94 and it closes in 88 seconds. That is some great german engineering there and it amazes me how proactive they've been. Rain? > Roof! > No problems.

Reactions: mrzz

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
The commentators are having mini orgasms talking about Paire its creepy to say the least.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I watched this match too. Fed currently too strong for Milkman who made a decent fight, he had a BP when Fed served for the match, but Roger was too solid today to allow him to crawl back into the match.