Noventi Open / Halle, Germany, ATP 500, 2019

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Roger looked lazer sharp in the highlights. Tsonga is a really fresh matchup at Halle. Brings back memories yes.
I thought Roger looked rather vulnerable in the first, though, watching the match. Millman was at like 80% on 2nd serves. It was just the TB where he fell down. I didn't see much of the 2nd, but I guess Roger found his range and ran away.

Reactions: don_fabio

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
knee injured Sasha pulled out of doubles he should have played with Misha, he's not pulled out in singles for the moment and 'll meet Johnson

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
knee injured Sasha pulled out of doubles he should have played with Misha, he's not pulled out in singles for the moment and 'll meet Johnson
Maybe he wants to concentrate on singles here, he is sensing he could win a few matches. I saw how he fell, he got a cut, but it didn't look like he got injured as the knee didn't bother him after.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Coric just won his match against Sousa in a third set TB. The score line is 7-6, 5-7, 7-6 and it was that hard fought.

I am seriously concerned by the length of the rallies being played in Halle in general (not just in this match). Halle grass is supposed to be faster than Wimbledon and people are rallying here till cows go home. :eek:

Reactions: HSD and Fiero425

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Coric just won his match against Sousa in a third set TB. The score line is 7-6, 5-7, 7-6 and it was that hard fought.

I am seriously concerned by the length of the rallies being played in Halle in general (not just in this match). Halle grass is supposed to be faster than Wimbledon and people are rallying here till cows go home. :eek:

That court already looks like no grass is left and they still have plenty to play.

This morning when I saw the schedule I tought Khachanov Struff should be left for the last match in the day, not Coric Sousa, but they were right. This match was much closer. I started to have more doubts how well Coric will do in his career. All these thrillers he played this season ending in last set TB proves he is tough mentally, but his game is not where it's supposed to be. He is not fresh on the tour and I expect better. His FH is a weakness and I've seen opponents aiming there, because he can't do much damage or makes UE. Sousa had 4:2 in the TB, but was not patient enough for the Coric who gets in a grinding mode and just puts one more ball back. Sousa donated 3 UEs and gave match away.

Watched Khachanov too today and he looks much more of a complete player with powerful strokes and more weapons. He handled Struff very well and played a good match. Russian looks to be on the rise again.

Reactions: Fiero425

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
wasn't able to see the match but Fed's FH looked good in the highlights

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I don't know what it is about this kit Roger's wearing, but he looks like the guy who used pump your gas back in the day. (Or still, in NJ.)

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Roger takes the first set in a tiebreak.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Serves the fool right for bothering with this after too long of a clay season. Losing to a crippled and flawed ballbasher.

Reactions: Fiero425

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Fed needed to save a BP, just to get to 3-3.

It's one thing not being able to break the big serve. But getting broken twice in a set and struggling badly on serve in the 3rd against a guy with no ROS and no backhand...