Novak Djokovic's Vaccine Stance & Visa Troubles

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
@BratSrbin -

- What are Novak’s worst features?
- What has he done which you didn’t approve of?
- When did he do something which was clearly wrong, and the other person was right?
- When did he lie?
That’s the question they’ll never answer…

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Who can beat this standard? Why not question all tops players? IMO no top player's immune to being an a-#ole! It goes w/ the territory of being #1!
Well, with Rafa I’ll happily agree with anyone who’s irritated by his disgusting wedgies, and I’ve always felt that he should speed up his serve (while also believing is the umpires job to enforce that rule), but he hasn’t been a badly behaved player and hasn’t had any off court controversies, so he’s easy that way…

• Haha
Reactions: tented and Fiero425

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
@BratSrbin -

1. What are Novak’s worst features?
2. What has he done which you didn’t approve of?
3. When did he do something which was clearly wrong, and the other person was right?
4. When did he lie?
1. When he is losing there always seems to be something physical, something with his body. Angry outbursts can be too much at times.
2. Disqualification in USO, some other cases when he yelled towards the ball kids and threw racket, could have injured someone like he did in USO. Decision to enter Australia in 2022.
3. I don't know, someone else might have some examples.
4. I think he lied when he got cought in the AO 2022 court case about countries he visited before entry to Australia, also Covid he had in December 2021 seems suspicious too.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
1. When he is losing there always seems to be something physical, something with his body. Angry outbursts can be too much at times.
2. Disqualification in USO, some other cases when he yelled towards the ball kids and threw racket, could have injured someone like he did in USO. Decision to enter Australia in 2022.
3. I don't know, someone else might have some examples.
4. I think he lied when he got cought in the AO 2022 court case about countries he visited before entry to Australia, also Covid he had in December 2021 seems suspicious too.
You were always the objective one. And if Rafa got up the same shenanigans as Novak did, I hope I'd be as objective. There are Novak fans who come here dredging up the same BS and when it's clearly shown that their memory is defective - to be polite - they rudely ignore that, then move the goalposts and start again.

This thread is now 134 pages for a reason... :popcorn

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Not going to lie, always preferred Djokovic over Federer in matches. His antics IMO never rose to the level on court of previous bad behavior players such as Ion Tiriac, Illie Nastase, Jimmy Connors, Mac, etc. Those guys were really nasty.

Sure, A bit thirsty and needy for crowd love, but in all fairness he was not going to get it with Fedal around, so had that to be frustrating for him. I do miss the early days of him imitating Sharapova, Nadal, ARod, Federer, etc. Always got the sense there was no love loss between him and Fed , was never the same vibe as Rafa/Fed or even Novak’s relationship with Rafa. But hey, it’s a sport and a profession.

A great champion and fighter and his 23 Slams are legit. No question in my mind. Once he started winning a lot I felt a lot of fans viewed him as a legit threat per the legacy of Federer and Nadal and disliked him even more, but sorry, his greatness is nothing to apologize for.

Some of his chest thumping fans ( “The linesperson didn’t die, did she? Why disqualify him??” ) but again all fandoms have their crazy subsets. ( Don’t get me started on smug, entitled RF wearing cap Federer fans)

Novak was always a bit of a drama Queen, but I can name quite a few in sports ( not naming names but initials such as Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, etc) His dad has always been a piece of work but you can’t choose your dad.

I’ve said this before, the whole AO exemption is what made me sour a bit on Novak because:

A). He either had COVID & was abysmally reckless for the safety of others by taking no safety protocols when others were getting gravely ill and dying from the disease ( we have the photos of no mask, etc). This in the context of his earlier infamous “COVID exhibition tour” AND his whole public stance about his concerns about his heath/body and thus not taking a vaccine.

Or

B) He openly lied and never had it before the AO.

Again either scenario is not good. And portraying himself still as a victim in all this annoys me no end.

Last edited:

BratSrbin

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
@BratSrbin -

- What are Novak’s worst features?
- When did he do something which was clearly wrong, and the other person was right?
- When did he lie?

- What are Rafa’s worst features?

Reactions: Fiero425

BratSrbin

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
You were always the objective one. And if Rafa got up the same shenanigans as Novak did, I hope I'd be as objective. There are Novak fans who come here dredging up the same BS and when it's clearly shown that their memory is defective - to be polite - they rudely ignore that, then move the goalposts and start again.

This thread is now 134 pages for a reason... :popcorn

The court finds the truth and then you or Moxie claim he lied. Who is lying now, you or the court?

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The court finds the truth and then you or Moxie claim he lied. Who is lying now, you or the court?

Novak Djokovic is unvaccinated and he may have breached Australia's border laws, but Australia's Federal Circuit Court on Monday did not make a ruling on that. Instead, it set him free on the basis that immigration officials had done the wrong thing when making the decision to cancel his visa.
They withheld from him one of the basic tenets of law afforded to anyone who is accused - a right of reply.

Basically the court said that he was denied "fair opportunity", not that he had the right to stay in Australia. Move on.

BratSrbin

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Novak Djokovic is unvaccinated and he may have breached Australia's border laws, but Australia's Federal Circuit Court on Monday did not make a ruling on that. Instead, it set him free on the basis that immigration officials had done the wrong thing when making the decision to cancel his visa.
They withheld from him one of the basic tenets of law afforded to anyone who is accused - a right of reply.

Basically the court said that he was denied "fair opportunity", not that he had the right to stay in Australia. Move on.

Yes, yes... You now know everything better than the judge and the lawyers who were there on both sides of the prosecution and the defense. Like some journalist there.
If I were you, I would ask for the Australian Government lawyers to have their licenses revoked because they know nothing. Any ordinary observer or journalist knows law better than them.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yes, yes... You now know everything better than the judge and the lawyers who were there on both sides of the prosecution and the defense. Like some journalist there.
If I were you, I would ask for the Australian Government lawyers to have their licenses revoked because they know nothing. Any ordinary observer or journalist knows law better than them.

:pile-of-poo:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Nobody is lying. You just simply didn’t understand the documents you quoted, and when the meaning was clearly down to you, you chose to ignore it.

Application dismissed (and this time you might know what that refers to..)

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
- What are Rafa’s worst features?

His worst feature is that he is too nice.

I didn't improve of him shaking the hand of Djokovic at the end of matches when Djokovic smashed rackets, cursed at his team, screamed at ball kids, abused tennis balls in anger. He should have not shook Djokovic's hand in order to make a statement about the importance for athletes to have good professional conduct in front of children.

Looking forward to answering other questions that you may have... :bye:

Last edited:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
You didn’t answer. What a surprise! :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Didn’t answer this either.

Here is the full official document of the judgement. @BratSrbin you really are irritating, at this stage. Dishonest and incapable of understanding your own posts.

Djokovic is the one applying for “for review of decision of the Minister to cancel visa under personal power…”

When it says “application dismissed”, it’s Djokovic’s application which is dismissed…

Like I say, it’s not just a lack of objectivity, the complete inability to look at Novaks faults and admit to them, or even a lack of understanding of their own posts. It’s something worse, and it’s very boring..

Reactions: Moxie