Nishikori has turned a corner.....

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
^ I totally agree! The shot making was ridiculous. For me... in the last 18 months I think their series of slam matches have been the best by far

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
herios said:
Luxilon Borg said:
Moxie629 said:
^ Very good strides forward from Kei on the things that have been the knocks on his scouting sheet. However, I'm not prepared to call it done based on 2 matches. He's got to show it to be a consistent improvement.

Totally agree...

However, we are already in new territory with two back to back ultra physical battles...and
His FiRST semi.

As a side note, Nishikori's semi final birth really spotlights how Dimtriov's rather disappointing result really is.

Funny, everyone expected "only" Dimitorv to perform better, Raonic, not so much.
In fact Dimitrov and Raonic are currently in the same cluster as far as development, both were in the previous slam SF and both have still more to grow in either technique, tactics or mentally.
Raonic was a victim of a Samurai who surprised me indeed, by his endurance, and capability to weather the patches in his last 2 matches.
Very good job by him, to have such a breakthrough, now with his result, 3 different players aged below 25 made slam semi-finals and more so, we will have all 3 of them in the top 10 after the USO.

Dimi has got far more potential upside than Milos.

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
britbox said:
herios said:
Luxilon Borg said:
Moxie629 said:
^ Very good strides forward from Kei on the things that have been the knocks on his scouting sheet. However, I'm not prepared to call it done based on 2 matches. He's got to show it to be a consistent improvement.

Totally agree...

However, we are already in new territory with two back to back ultra physical battles...and
His FiRST semi.

As a side note, Nishikori's semi final birth really spotlights how Dimtriov's rather disappointing result really is.

Funny, everyone expected "only" Dimitorv to perform better, Raonic, not so much.
In fact Dimitrov and Raonic are currently in the same cluster as far as development, both were in the previous slam SF and both have still more to grow in either technique, tactics or mentally.
Raonic was a victim of a Samurai who surprised me indeed, by his endurance, and capability to weather the patches in his last 2 matches.
Very good job by him, to have such a breakthrough, now with his result, 3 different players aged below 25 made slam semi-finals and more so, we will have all 3 of them in the top 10 after the USO.

Totally agree. Take away the serve, an MR is maybe 75 in the world.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
^Frankly I don't want to see MR winning slams. His matches bore me. And I'm not sure I'll forgive him for that cheating incident when he touched the net. Absolutely low class

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
federberg said:
^Frankly I don't want to see MR winning slams. His matches bore me. And I'm not sure I'll forgive him for that cheating incident when he touched the net. Absolutely low class

Its the dry mouth that kills me...:laydownlaughing

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Luxilon Borg said:
federberg said:

The tongue sticking out and the sleeve like a medieval knight annoy me.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Front242 said:
Luxilon Borg said:
federberg said:

For me, it's the Orc snout.

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
nehmeth said:
Front242 said:
Luxilon Borg said:
federberg said:

all of da above!!!!:D

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yeah Bob's Big Boy is probably the least likeable player in the game today. Sorry Canadians :(, but you won't have many people rooting for your guy I suspect.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
If it helps, Canadians, I like Pospisil a lot. :)

But I agree with the others: thumbs down on Raonic.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Luxilon Borg said:
nehmeth said:
Front242 said:
Luxilon Borg said:
federberg said:

Come on guys, just say what you REALLY feel..;)

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
Wow. Just wow.

Some thoughts...Nishikori's down the line forehand and serving were lethal today.

Joke just could not establish himself as the superior player.

Wow.:clap

Fitness. Fitness. Fitness.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
britbox said:
herios said:
Luxilon Borg said:
Moxie629 said:

Totally agree...

His FiRST semi.

Potential is not a sure thing. Until he fulfills it, it is just a virtual thing. There are never guarantees that it will come to fruition.
Also, the improvements in Milos are factual. He is a work in progress and nobody can predict at this moment how far will go.
I think both will keep progressing. How far, we shall see.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
1972Murat said:
Luxilon Borg said:
nehmeth said:
Front242 said:
Luxilon Borg said:

Just imagine the reaction if he would win a big event.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
herios said:
1972Murat said:

Just imagine the reaction if he would win a big event.

You mean Raonic? Depends on what you mean by "big event". If you mean a major, the chances are quite small. A Masters 1000? More likely, but there are so many guys who have games which can deconstruct Milos'.