New Member Welcomes

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
atttamole said:
Billie wrote:
<blockquote>
atttomole wrote:
Looks like many people from the old forums are already here. I like the place, and I hope to continue enjoying tennis discussion with you guys.
I always liked your knowledgeable posts on the old board. Alas there were not many of them, so hopefully you’ll rectify it here.
wpml_good.gif
</blockquote>
Thanks Billie. I think I will definitely be posting more here. I know you are a Djokovic fan and your guy is walking on water right now. I am happy for you.

Thank you very much. I know I can be annoying sometimes about Nole, but I always hope people will not take that against me too much. :good:

Looking forward to your posts atttomole. I wish more Federer fans post here!

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
atttamole said:
Looks like many people from the old forums are already here. I like the place, and I hope to continue enjoying tennis discussion with you guys.

Good stuff mate. :yahoo:

Cosmo

Club Member
Reactions
Hello, it's Cosmo from the old tennis.com boards- hello all!

STILL a big Roger fan! Just went to Wimbledom and saw Center Court- had a word with it about the way it's been letting the wrong guys win!

Reactions: britbox

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Cosmo said:
Hello, it’s Cosmo from the old tennis.com boards- hello all! STILL a big Roger fan! Just went to Wimbledom and saw Center Court- had a word with it about the way it’s been letting the wrong guys win!

Great to have you here Cosmo and thanks for joining up! Even better to see that you are still a huge fan of the Fed Express. :yahoo:

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Cosmo said:
Hello, it’s Cosmo from the old tennis.com boards- hello all! STILL a big Roger fan! Just went to Wimbledom and saw Center Court- had a word with it about the way it’s been letting the wrong guys win!

Hi Cosmo, nice to see you and welcome. :yahoo:

L

lucyliu

Thank you britbox for invite. I am happy to post on the site It is looking good.

Asmodeus

Futures Player
Reactions
Wow! I'm very impressed with the site. I see some old familiar names so perhaps I'll start posting again. I hope this sight doesn't fall under the Nazi regime of censorship like previous sites.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Asmodeus said:
Wow! I’m very impressed with the site. I see some old familiar names so perhaps I’ll start posting again. I hope this sight doesn’t fall under the Nazi regime of censorship like previous sites.

Welcome Asmo! Great to see you around.

The site is split roughly into Groups and Forums. There will be very minimal moderation on the Forums. Most users who have come here to date are here for free speech. Groups are slightly different. Anyone can create a group and they are welcome to moderate that group themselves. A Moderated Sub-Forum can also be created for users on request... but the main forums will be a talking shop and strong opinions are welcomed.

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Hello everyone!!!  I came over from Tennis Frontier, just as I came there from Tennis.com years ago.  I guess I must be a shameless britbox and moxie fan!  Ole!

At any rate, it is great to be here with some old posting friends and I look forward to hearing from all of you as this most interesting year winds to a close.  Who could have foreseen Nole doing all he did this year, eh? It truly was a Federeresque (circa 2006-2007) year for him as he made all four finals and beat (of all people) Federer in the last two major finals of the year.  So, as old Levon used to "sang"--"take a load off, Fanny ..." and enjoy Discuss Tennis.  (I changed my avatar from 1980s Levon to the classic Levon Helm from the sessions in which The Band's second album a/k/a the "Brown Album" was made in 1969.  He is singing "Up On Cripple Creek" in this image).

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
shawnbm said:
Hello everyone!!! I came over from Tennis Frontier, just as I came there from Tennis.com years ago. I guess I must be a shameless britbox and moxie fan! Ole! At any rate, it is great to be here with some old posting friends and I look forward to hearing from all of you as this most interesting year winds to a close. Who could have foreseen Nole doing all he did this year, eh? It truly was a Federeresque (circa 2006-2007) year for him as he made all four finals and beat (of all people) Federer in the last two major finals of the year. So, as old Levon used to “sang”–“take a load off, Fanny …” and enjoy Discuss Tennis. (I changed my avatar from 1980s Levon to the classic Levon Helm from the sessions in which The Band’s second album a/k/a the “Brown Album” was made in 1969. He is singing “Up On Cripple Creek” in this image).

Ole! One of my favourite posters of all time. Anyway @shawnbm - you'll have to throw up a few Youtube links in the Music Forum of Levon Helm (all you have to do is post the Youtube link and it does everything automatically). Great to have you onboard!

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Nice introduction @shawnbm :good:

This board is the easiest to post YouTube videos of everything I've seen. :yahoo:

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Asmodeus said:
Wow! I’m very impressed with the site. I see some old familiar names so perhaps I’ll start posting again. I hope this sight doesn’t fall under the Nazi regime of censorship like previous sites.

@Asmodeus and @teddytennisfan on the same forum for the first time in 8 years... I'll hold the coats!

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Asmodeus said:
Where the hell is Sampras_Fan?

In the house, check out the Off Topic sections and some of the groups.

By the way @Asmodeus, give yourself an avatar. Click the edit profile on the toolbar and you can upload an image. Cheers, BB

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
shawnbm said:
shawnbm wrote:
Hello everyone!!! I came over from Tennis Frontier, just as I came there from Tennis.com years ago. I guess I must be a shameless britbox and moxie fan! Ole! At any rate, it is great to be here with some old posting friends and I look forward to hearing from all of you as this most interesting year winds to a close. Who could have foreseen Nole doing all he did this year, eh? It truly was a Federeresque (circa 2006-2007) year for him as he made all four finals and beat (of all people) Federer in the last two major finals of the year. So, as old Levon used to “sang”–“take a load off, Fanny …” and enjoy Discuss Tennis. (I changed my avatar from 1980s Levon to the classic Levon Helm from the sessions in which The Band’s second album a/k/a the “Brown Album” was made in 1969. He is singing “Up On Cripple Creek” in this image).
Ole! One of my favourite posters of all time. Anyway @shawnbm – you’ll have to throw up a few Youtube links in the Music Forum of Levon Helm (all you have to do is post the Youtube link and it does everything automatically). Great to have you onboard!
Agreed, and thanks for thinking of me, shawn. I'm always happy to be reminded of a ditty from The Band.

Last edited by a moderator:

teddytennisfan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
who is sampras_fan?

i used to be sampras_fan or something long ago elsewhere - or sampras_graf -- whatever...

haha -- so long ago now since i got banned , i think...

then in tennis.com i switched to more current: serenawilliamsthegreat..or something like that before they banned me for ''too much politics" and maybe also admiring djokovic too much! lol. i don't know.

but it's so nice here!

teddytennisfan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
wow...

i'm only slowly recovering my memory with some familiar names ..like shawnbm? all great posters with lots of great tennis ideas!

so nice to know people are coming here from ''long ago". and all those heated discussions. hehe.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
britbox Message Board Announcements & Poster Introductions 16