New Member Welcomes

TennisFan101

Club Member
Reactions
@TennisFan101 Welcome to the TP family. Cute dog in your avatar. Let us know if you have any questions and happy posting! :-)2

Thank you kskate2. Moxie was kind enough to assist me yesterday. Don't worry, I will give a yell if I need assistance, I am certain I will.

The Strokes

Futures Player
Reactions
Gotta say this place is ineresting...LOL

Where B the armies? You kidnapper!:lulz2:

We're all free agents.
I'm just dating various sites, various posters.

Rafa was scary bad in the beginning of the 1rst set today, but got it together nicely, and Dusan crumbled on cue.
I see the possibility of him winning this, but it's too early to say.

TennisFan101

Club Member
Reactions
We're all free agents.
I'm just dating various sites, various posters.

Rafa was scary bad in the beginning of the 1rst set today, but got it together nicely, and Dusan crumbled on cue.
I see the possibility of him winning this, but it's too early to say.
Was only teasing...don't be a sourpus:(
Glad Rafa won in SS.
Tiafoe took Fed to five...awesome.

Fed will be too tired to beat Rafa:help: He'll be crying no más Rafa, por favor no más!

Last edited:

The Strokes

Futures Player
Reactions
I wasn't being a sourpuss ... maybe you were joking.
Was pleased to see Fed's difficulty. It confirms what I have suspected of Fed since AO--not running into the right dangers.
Nick could certainly beat Fed, if Nick is on.
Rafa will have his hands full with Dimi.

backhandslapper

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Hey there,

well... It's me -- another dude who has registered.

Started watching (not thinking) the game as a little bugger, at the very end of the Edberg-Becker era. I saw their last Wimbledon final. I remember when Michael Chang was a thing, I remember Agassi and Sampras winning their first Wimbledon titles. But I didn't understand what was going on, really.

I remember Agassi winning the FO in 1999 (and Hingis losing the women's final and crying about it). By then, I had finally begun to understand what it was all about. It was all about... Kournikova, ha!

See you all around, cheers!

Reactions: kskate2 and britbox

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
Hey there,

Started watching (not thinking) the game as a little bugger, at the very end of the Edberg-Becker era. I saw their last Wimbledon final. I remember when Michael Chang was a thing, I remember Agassi and Sampras winning their first Wimbledon titles. But I didn't understand what was going on, really.

I remember Agassi winning the FO in 1999 (and Hingis losing the women's final and crying about it). By then, I had finally begun to understand what it was all about. It was all about... Kournikova, ha!

Hi!
Welcome!
See you around!

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Hey there,

Welcome @backhandslapper - I was a big Steffi Graf fan, so didn't lose too much sleep over the 99 final.

Horsa

Reactions
You're very quick off the mark here. I must say. You got here 1st to welcome @Wimbledonerer. Normally Britbox gets here 1st to welcome newcomers. He/she also gets a welcome from me.
Welcome @Wimbledonerer ... you arrived just in time to join in recently re-ignated the Fedal wars, but... if there's one place in the world (wide web) where both crowds get along well is here.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
You're very quick off the mark here. I must say. You got here 1st to welcome @Wimbledonerer. Normally Britbox gets here 1st to welcome newcomers. He/she also gets a welcome from me.

Luck of the draw. I happen to log right after the posts.

But Britbox is indeed getting out of shape. It happens a lot to Maradona fans. Must be some deep psychological connection.

Horsa

Reactions
Luck of the draw. I happen to log right after the posts.

But Britbox is indeed getting out of shape. It happens a lot to Maradona fans. Must be some deep psychological connection.
Ha! I've done that sometimes but have sometimes had something to say & thought should I say it or shouldn't I or should I ask 1st then when I've finally said it, I'd forgotten part of what I'd had to say or how I was going to say it & my rewording hasn't sounded 1/2 as good. It's so annoying when that happens.

He might just be a lot busier now than he used to be. Billie always used to help him out with welcoming people. She seemed a nice person. It's a shame we don't see her much now. She used to help him a lot & have a laugh too.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
britbox Message Board Announcements & Poster Introductions 16