3. Yulia Putintseva
4. Maria Sakkari
5. Dayana Yastremska
6. Ajla Tomljanovic
7. Shuai Zhang
8. Kristina Mladenovic

2015-aegon-open-nottingham-mens-finals-1190x350.jpg

The Tournament:

Nottingham Open is a tennis tournament for men and women held in Nottingham, United Kingdom, played on outdoor grass courts at the Nottingham Tennis Centre. After being discontinued in 2008, it was briefly re-established as an ATP World Tour 250 event on the men's tour in 2015 & 2016, before being downgraded to a Challenger event in 2017, and an international event on the women's tour. The tournament is held in June as a preparation before the third Grand Slam event of the season, the oldest and widely considered the most prestigious tennis tournament, The Championships, Wimbledon.

About Nottingham

Nottingham is a city in Nottinghamshire, England, located 128 miles north of London, in the East Midlands. Nottingham has links to the legend of Robin Hood and to the lace-making, bicycle and tobacco industries.

1024px-Nottingham_montage.jpg

Tourism Guide:

Last edited:
Reactions: britbox

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
I hope they're having better weather than us. It's been absolutely pouring it down with rain for the last 5 hours & I've got soaked to the skin.

Reactions: tented

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I hope they're having better weather than us. It's been absolutely pouring it down with rain for the last 5 hours & I've got soaked to the skin.

Send some rain over to us,in parts of Australia have been in severe drought for years,I feel for the farmers.

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
Send some rain over to us,in parts of Australia have been in severe drought for years,I feel for the farmers.
I wish I could send you some of our rain. Lol. I like rain late at night when no one has to be out in it. I feel for the farmers over your end too.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I heard on the Tennis Channel they’re turned this into an indoor event due to rain. I don’t recall an entire tournament being moved to another surface, nevertheless from outdoor to indoor.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I heard on the Tennis Channel they’re turned this into an indoor event due to rain. I don’t recall an entire tournament being moved to another surface, nevertheless from outdoor to indoor.
it's on ciment...what a strange warm up for Wimby !!

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
From what I've read Vekic already 2 times started a match outside on grass and finished it indoor on hard. That's really odd. Hope they have more luck with weather over the weekend.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
That match yesterday between Vekic and Mladenovic, they were coming on and off the court 4 times and couldn't even finish the set due to rain. One time they come back they played just 5 points.

Indoor court looks like a training place, there are 3 courts in a row and they play in the middle one, photographers just stay on the right court on the ground. I don't know if there is any place for audience. Organizers were definitely not counting on this much rain.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Vekic finally played a full match on real grass :yesyes: She gave her opponent a bicycle in 2nd and 3rd set.