Naomi Osaka, the Controversy

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I've heard that before. LOL. (This is a funny...don't get mad.) :smooch:
Osaka is a Yawn to me,I admire her tennis skills that is all.she created this with the media okay,which has never treated her unfairly or asked tough questions,now cries when she dosent like 'the tone' of a question put to her,she has become a Prima Donna full stop.Keep making excuses for her if you wish.I am out.,no more from me on this subject,if you want to discuss her tennis skills that is fine by me.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Osaka is a Yawn to me,I admire her tennis skills that is all.she created this with the media okay,which has never treated her unfairly or asked tough questions,now cries when she dosent like 'the tone' of a question put to her,she has become a Prima Donna full stop.Keep making excuses for her if you wish.I am out.,no more from me on this subject,if you want to discuss her tennis skills that is fine by me.

Well I can't help asking, WHY are you attacking this articulate, young lady? I don't see a real reason! Enlighten me! Who in the women's ranks is exciting you so much to call Osaka boring? I keep asking, but can't get a real answer of "why do women hate other women?!" The patriarchal system is BS; more like being evil HS mean girls IMO! I am so disappointed! WOW! :facepalm:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well I can't help asking, WHY are you attacking this articulate, young lady? I don't see a real reason! Enlighten me! Who in the women's ranks is exciting you so much to call Osaka boring? I keep asking, but can't get a real answer of "why do women hate other women?!" The

patriarchal system is BS; more like being evil HS mean girls IMO! I am so disappointed! WOW! :facepalm:I am niot

• Sad
Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The media has never given Osaka a hard time,I can give you examples of how the media over the years have given players a hard time,she has created her own narrative in not wanting to go to the media.It is part of a player's duty to attend press conferences.
In her recent pre press conference at the Cinncy tournament she didn't like the 'tone' of a question put to her.Osaka has become 'too precious' she cries and then the media is accused of bully tactics? please give me a break.I have always admired her as a tennis player.Osaka has taken time off for her mental issues,which is a good thing,though she came back to the Olympics,lost and then didnt want to front the media? she eventually fronted the media.I will discuss her tennis abilities I am over with her attitude with the media.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
The media has never given Osaka a hard time,I can give you examples of how the media over the years have given players a hard time,she has created her own narrative in not wanting to go to the media.It is part of a player's duty to attend press conferences.
In her recent pre press conference at the Cinncy tournament she didn't like the 'tone' of a question put to her.Osaka has become 'too precious' she cries and then the media is accused of bully tactics? please give me a break.I have always admired her as a tennis player.Osaka has taken time off for her mental issues,which is a good thing,though she came back to the Olympics,lost and then didnt want to front the media? she eventually fronted the media.I will discuss her tennis abilities I am over with her attitude with the media.

I don't understand! Tennis is a sport, not international affairs where war, disease, terrorism, equal rights, or the like is an issue! Osaka is knowledgeable and imppressive enough to talk about any subject, but people "coming at her" about it can be or not a fair question if it's a scrambled mess! Unfortunately that so called respected reporter's question was screwed up and unintelligable for the most part! I understood what he was asking, but to me it made no sense because Osaka had just come off a match win! Why not ask about TF match? I hate these press conferences because it invariably shows how highly skilled wordsmiths can turn into blithering idiots in these circumstances! Asking cliche questions of "how do you feel winning/losing a match" is just embarrassing to hear again and again! :face-with-hand-over-mouth:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I don't understand! Tennis is a sport, not international affairs where war, disease, terrorism, equal rights, or the like is an issue! Osaka is knowledgeable and imppressive enough to talk about any subject, but people "coming at her" about it can be or not a fair question if it's a scrambled mess! Unfortunately that so called respected reporter's question was screwed up and unintelligable for the most part! I understood what he was asking, but to me it made no sense because Osaka had just come off a match win! Why not ask about TF match? I hate these press conferences because it invariably shows how highly skilled wordsmiths can turn into blithering idiots in these circumstances! Asking cliche questions of "how do you feel winning/losing a match" is just embarrassing to hear again and again! :face-with-hand-over-mouth:
That is your opinion.You are entitled to it.

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Osaka just said in her press conference she doesn't know when she will play tennis next,not happy and started crying.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Well, I'm completely confused. I thought she took a break from tennis earlier this year. Anyway, God bless her. I hope she finds her purpose in life because that will give her peace, joy and happiness.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Quite frankly I dont think Osaka has what it takes to be a athlete mentally,I think she really has to decided if she wants to continue with tennis or find another career

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Osaka

"I feel like for me recently,like when I win I don't feel happy.I feel more like a relief.And then when I lose.I feel sad.I dont think thats normal".

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Osaka really needs to take a break just to count her money...seriously her endorsement portfolio is vast and she needs months upon months to count those benjamins..

Reactions: the AntiPusher

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
n't you think if Osaka takes an extended break,she might lose some of her sponsors?
maybe she is lovesick,havent seen her boyfriend in a long time.She better have a talk with pova or the sisters on handling fame and pressure.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
maybe she is lovesick,havent seen her boyfriend in a long time.She better have a talk with pova or the sisters on handling fame and pressure.
I agree with you she cannot handled pressure.I do not think she has the mentality of a athlete as this level.I feel she needs to take a long break and really decide if she wants to play.At the moment tennis is just giving her grief.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
How could she be lovesick? She was off the tour for months doing what?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
How could she be lovesick? She was off the tour for months doing what?
Do you guys really think she got mental help? I know it is a personal thing and she does not have to disclose it,still I could not believe how she went to pieces again,in a short time back on the tour.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Do you guys really think she got mental help? I know it is a personal thing and she does not have to disclose it,still I could not believe how she went to pieces again,in a short time back on the tour.
Personally, I don't think she got much professional help. She did a bunch of stuff that makes Naomi feel good (get a dog, spend time w/ the BF, Netflix documentary, finish Barbie doll, ESPY's, etc).