Mutua Madrid Open, Madrid, Spain, ATP Masters 1000

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I am rooting for Andy to have #2 ranking for RG. The matches against him are almost always taxing.

He will. I cant see Federer making the final of Rome again.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Andy does his job and holds, fighting off a match point in the process. It's Nole's turn now. Please hold.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Quite an intense last game, great match by both players.

Reactions: Billie

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Phew, I was holding my breath for about 13 minutes, all the while during those break points in the last game.

Great fight from Andy, from how he started.

Congratulations to Nole!!!! :heart:

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Quite an intense last game, great match by both players.

There were some great, great rallies and points from both guys. A nice match indeed. Thanks for keeping me company Denis!!!:yahoo:

Reactions: Denis

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
And Novak kisses the toiletbrush. :eek:

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
If Murray serves as poorly as he did yesterday, it will be two sets and the h2h will be 23-9. Windy, cold and rainy conditions like last night? It will be a three setter and Murray may have a chance to hoist that ugly trophy once again.

The trophy looks like a dildo with spikes.

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
No1e resumed his domination.

Record 29 masters titles.

64 titles for No1e which is equal to Borg and Sampras.

Also records in prize money and match percentage.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Another notch on the post for Novak Djokovic. Completely dominating the ATP Tour.

Novak Djokovic bt Andy Muray 6/2 3/6 6/3

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Murray can do some effective things against Djokovic but he has to exert himself to the maximum to do them. What repeatedly happens is that he breaks down and can't sustain the necessary level. Tennis comes more naturally and more effortlessly to Djokovic. Murray wears those ankle braces and looks like he is grinding and pushing all the time, while Djokovic looks like he can lunge and glide across the court all day long.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Congrats to the great Serbinator for his 29th MS and his 64th tourney (he joined both Sampras and Borg)

Reactions: britbox

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Murray can do some effective things against Djokovic but he has to exert himself to the maximum to do them. What repeatedly happens is that he breaks down and can't sustain the necessary level. Tennis comes more naturally and more effortlessly to Djokovic. Murray wears those ankle braces and looks like he is grinding and pushing all the time, while Djokovic looks like he can lunge and glide across the court all day long.

Murray's main problem is the forehand. It's true he isn't as mentally tough as the other elite players but we know from the past when he was with Lendl that if Murray hits the forehand well he can win against the big boys more than once in a blue moon. A decent second serve would help but I think the forehand is an even bigger issue for him.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
^ I agree @Twisted
I would summarise his deficit against the big 3 as being (in order of importance):
1, forehand
2, 2nd serve
3, mental toughness

Or I could just say... talent. I think he's made decent improvements in terms of his ability to manage the rest of the field, but if someone is better than you, then most of the time you'll lose unfortunately. That's life

Reactions: DarthFed