Mutua Madrid Open, Madrid, Spain, ATP Masters 1000, 2019

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Yeah Thiem made more errors because Djokovic was able to rush him more on this faster clay. Also Djokovics serve was tough to return for Thiem. IMO he won't be able to rely on this at Paris
But Novak has still room to improve.
Even though he won easily yesterday, only his BH and serve was clicking, the FH was still on and off.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
But Novak has still room to improve.
Even though he won easily yesterday, only his BH and serve was clicking, the FH was still on and off.
Another way of saying that is that he won, but was not his best. Felicitous draw in Rome probably gives him time to find his way.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
They did do away with it for the women. I guess the men still have some toilets to clean :lol6:

Finally, I found out the mystery behind the Madrid Trophy. Read all about it here . The trophy is called "stairway to heaven" and
is apparently the "most complicated trophy" ever made. It took three years to design and build it. Each one of the spikes in the trophy is actually a model of tennis racquet.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Finally, I found out the mystery behind the Madrid Trophy. Read all about it here . The trophy is called "stairway to heaven" and
is apparently the "most complicated trophy" ever made. It took three years to design and build it. Each one of the spikes in the trophy is actually a model of tennis racquet.
It still looks like a toilet brush, however expensive and jewel encrusted.

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
It still looks like a toilet brush, however expensive and jewel encrusted.

Maybe it is Trump's toilet brush. Looks gaudy enough.

Or maybe a, ah, toy he uses.

Reactions: Moxie