Mutua Madrid Open, Madrid, Spain, 2024 - WTA 1000

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Speaking of clowns. This dude never let's an opportunity go by w/o some Pova love. He mentions her every time he calls a match. And he usually references one of two matches, either her surprise win over Serena in the Wimby final or the fact that she's won RG twice and not a natural clay courter.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Cristian is serving up a clinic today. Girlfriend has only lost about 6 points on her serve. The question is, can she keep it up?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Cristian is serving up a clinic today. Girlfriend has only lost about 6 points on her serve. The question is, can she keep it up?
Whoever wins this match plays the winner of Saba v Montgomery, surprised with Cristian's form so far

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Okay down a set, Collins breaks the serve of Cristian wins the 2nd set 64
Going 3

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The Banshee does it 36 64 61 will play the winner of Saba - Montgromery
15 straight wins for The Banshee!

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
po thang, Robin Montgomery. She's so green and Saba isn't making any donations today. This might go rather quickly

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
po thang, Robin Montgomery. She's so green and Saba isn't making any donations today. This might go rather quickly
I dont know a lot about Robin, she was given a WC for this tournament, Saba looks to have found her game, in this match, better performance so far, than her 1st round match, also her poor form in Stuttgart
Saba 1st set 61, being defending champion she has points to defend, also not a fan of the yellow top and pink skirt :)

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Actually Robin is holding her own in the 2nd set, also Frances Tiafore is watching her
5 games all 2nd set
Saba will now serve to force a TB in the 2nd set

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Speaking of clowns. This dude never let's an opportunity go by w/o some Pova love. He mentions her every time he calls a match. And he usually references one of two matches, either her surprise win over Serena in the Wimby final or the fact that she's won RG twice and not a natural clay courter.
Is it senor Robinson?yes the obsession with pova is creepy.We know that pova was high as a kite when she won RG×2.His wife must be annoyed with him always talking like that about another woman

Reactions: kskate2

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
TB for the 2nd set between Saba and Montgomery, Robin could have gone away in the 1st set losing 6-1, credit to her for staying composed and playing her game in the 2nd set and not giving up

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well done Robin winning the 2nd set 76(5) Saba with a fh long and Robin wins the TB
Going 3

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Saba has been understandably shaky this clay season,and has a lot to defend too.This match is a surprise for me,I have never heard of this girl .She is really going toe to toe with Saba..taking a set from no.2 is wonderful.

Reactions: kskate2

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Saba has been understandably shaky this clay season,and has a lot to defend too.This match is a surprise for me,I have never heard of this girl .She is really going toe to toe with Saba..taking a set from no.2 is wonderful.
Robin got a WC into the tournament, first time I have seen her play, she didnt go away after losing the 1st set 61 to Saba, Saba hasnt been the same player since her ex BF died, being the defending champion in Madrid, she needs to pick up her game or she wont be making the final., these conditions do suit her game

Reactions: tossip

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Actually Robin is holding her own in the 2nd set, also Frances Tiafore is watching her
5 games all 2nd set
Saba will now serve to force a TB in the 2nd set
I had to step away for awhile. I'm honestly surprised this match is still going on. Fully expected Zed to be out here by now. But I have a little info on Robin. Apparently, she is from the D.C. area where Tiafoe grew up. He met her at some tennis event they had locally and encouraged her to pursue her game.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I had to step away for awhile. I'm honestly surprised this match is still going on. Fully expected Zed to be out here by now. But I have a little info on Robin. Apparently, she is from the D.C. area where Tiafoe grew up. He met her at some tennis event they had locally and encouraged her to pursue her game.
No wonder Frances is in her box watching her

Reactions: tossip and kskate2

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Is it senor Robinson?yes the obsession with pova is creepy.We know that pova was high as a kite when she won RG×2.His wife must be annoyed with him always talking like that about another woman
It most certainly is Senor Ted "the pervert" Robinson. You pegged it right, an extremely creepy old man lusting after Pova all the time.

• Haha