Cachin wins the 2nd set 76(5)
I have no words for Rafa at this point in time
Going 3
Wake Up Rafa!

Reactions: don_fabio

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
A final set loading for the Spanish Bull. He let this guy hang around and now he has confidence. This will be a tough 3rd set for the Spaniard

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Brain Dead Rafa S/V on SP and he gets passed :)
I will go back and watch the womens match for a bit, his match is giving me a headache

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa needs to stop s&v, it's not working.
This exactly the type of match Rafa needed..I was on a conference call with my job but I saw a few points in the TBR..ain't no shame losing the TBR that way. That was a great serve to follow into the net, cachin made a fantastic return of serve. Sometimes you have to give your opponent credit for stepping up. Rafa's got THIS

Reactions: don_fabio

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa survives! defeats Cachin in a very up and down match 61 67(5) 63, at the net Cachin asks Rafa for one of his shirts, Rafa obliges :)
Rafa will play Lehecka next

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Would someone find Rafa's serve and sent it to him on court ASAP down love 40 on serve
Broken to Love Rafa?
Cachin will serve for the 2nd set a second time 6-5
MM you have to be patient and let the man find his tennis tournament match tough game..Rafa is building his confidence.. there is no shame dropping a set.. acourse straight sets and on the ice bath recovery but he has to suffer to build his endurance for a possible RG bid.. IMO

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
MM you have to be patient and let the man find his tennis tournament match tough game..Rafa is building his confidence.. there is no shame dropping a set.. acourse straight sets and on the ice bath recovery but he has to suffer to build his endurance for a possible RG bid.. IMO
Hello why S/V on SP on clay please moving on, I mean Rafa has been playing tennis for how long sorry I cant excuse that, brain dead
Rafa said he didnt play well in the 2nd set, he should have won in SS, his serve again went AWOL, he has to fix it ASAP, he said he has 'no limitations' on his serve?
Rafa will play an 'inform Lehecka, Lehechka beat Rafa in a practice session last week 63 64
It will be their first meeting on tour level

Last edited:

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Preach.

Rafa needs matchplay experience, we all know he’s put in the hours on the practice sessions and conditioning routines but that is not the same thing.

The confidence and mental agility only comes through full force from tournament play. Out in the trenches , so to speak.

If his body can’t handle this physical stress we will find out soon enough but for now that “suffering” on the court is essential.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Preach.

Rafa needs matchplay experience, we all know he’s put in the hours on the practice sessions and conditioning routines but that is not the same thing.

The confidence and mental agility only comes through full force from tournament play. Out in the trenches , so to speak.

If his body can’t handle this physical stress we will find out soon enough but for now that “suffering” on the court is essential.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Preach.

Telling us something we dont already know lol!

• Haha
Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Seeing I am not a 'fan girl' of any fav player, Rafa included, who I have followed since he came on the tour, I will point out his short comings! especially in his match against Cachin!
Back to watching Jannik

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Jannik now having Yips on his serve, apparently it is catching in Madrid this tournament, broken