Mubadala World Tennis Championship 2016-2017

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
6-3 in the third for Rafa. A good, sharp performance, strong serves, and belted groundies. I know, it's only an exo, and Milos is feeling his way back into tennis after Christmas - they both are - but this was encouraging...

Excellent analysis Kieran..I just saw the highlights..I thought Milos wasn't as sharp as he can be but Rafa was moving and hitting the ball with a lot more authority than he did at the US Open..Rafa serve had nasty movement on it..he was serving like a lefty( meaning it had a lot of movement instead of just being spinning in). Very good start..I hope Rafa has some legs and stamina for Obi Wan on Saturday.:clap

Shivashish Sarkar

Major Winner
Reactions
Raonic just trying to hang on. He has improved his rally play. But, I am afraid, it still needs to be much better to challenge these guys.

Sent from my Titanium Octane using Tapatalk

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
shivashish said:
Let's not turn this thread into a 'Roger should have retired earlier thread'. Hopeless!!

1269602956_dr-mccoy-and-captain-kirk-approve.gif

Shivashish Sarkar

Major Winner
Reactions
Rafa has played so well over the last 3 days. He has been hitting his shots with a lot of authority. Movement and shot making have been in coordination. Serve looked better at least. I could see some confidence in forehand. If he plays another tournament before the grand slam, he should be in good shape to go into it.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Lord Carlos could have pur his new pupil on the right track, he played well in Abu Dabi, lets' see if he can continue like that

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Was that Barry White voice umpiring from Heaven:angel: or good ole Nouni the French umpire..Good to hear him calling the men's final again. :clap

Puppet Master

Masters Champion
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Was that Barry White voice umpiring from Heaven:angel: or good ole Nouni the French umpire..Good to hear him calling the men's final again. :clap

I have been told I have a deep voice myself, but Nouni is just out of this world hahahahaha.
I especially loved when he said
GAME SET MATCH NADAL

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Nouni is cool alright. Reminds me of Xerxes from 300, who incidentally reminds me of the announcer from Mortal Kombat.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Puppet Master said:
the AntiPusher said:

I have been told I have a deep voice myself, but Nouni is just out of this world hahahahaha.
I especially loved when he said
GAME SET MATCH NADAL

Me too..I thought I had a deep voice until I heard Nouni's pipes

sid

Masters Champion
Reactions
Front242 said:
^ To add to that, and it's been the opinion of many I might add, Roger would likely have beaten Murray at Wimbledon if 100% healthy. Murray didn't even win a set against him there last year. So that would have been another slam. Definitely he should retire lol. Anyway, he plans to be around at least another 2-3 years.

Ho of course Roger would have :snicker what a load of rubbish you come out with Front.Btw when you talk on Andy Murray don't forget to say Sir;)

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
sid said:
Front242 said:
^ To add to that, and it's been the opinion of many I might add, Roger would likely have beaten Murray at Wimbledon if 100% healthy. Murray didn't even win a set against him there last year. So that would have been another slam. Definitely he should retire lol. Anyway, he plans to be around at least another 2-3 years.

Ho of course Roger would have :snicker what a load of rubbish you come out with Front.Btw when you talk on Andy Murray don't forget to say Sir;)

Load of rubbish? He didn't take a set off him last time they played at Wimbledon. It's a fact. Did she knight him Sir Scruff or Sir Misery? Didn't catch that on the news.