Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
So far, Rafa is giving Milos a torrid time... :clap

EDIT: First set, 6-1

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa looks keen but the second set is going milos way, up 4-2...

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Kieran said:
Rafa looks keen but the second set is going milos way, up 4-2...

What link are you watching it..

I'm watching on Sky.

6-3 for Milos to win the second set. A lot more bully on Rafa's serve than I remember...

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
shivashish said:
Raonic's groundies are still sloppy. Has no idea how to face top spin.

Sent from my Titanium Octane using Tapatalk

Yeah, his timing is off, but this is good practice for both of them...

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
6-3 in the third for Rafa. A good, sharp performance, strong serves, and belted groundies. I know, it's only an exo, and Milos is feeling his way back into tennis after Christmas - they both are - but this was encouraging...

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Kieran said:
Fiero425 said:
shivashish said:
Onto the next match. Berdych has deteriorated but it will still require some doing from Nadal to get through this match.

We keep giving credit to the "stick-to it-ness" of Berdych, but that's been his whole problem! After all these years and working so hard, he still stinks trying to beat the elites! He's maybe upset Fedalic once when it meant something; Olympic semi, AO, Wimbledon, or Masters! He, along with his contemporaries who had "so much game," were unable to harness and use it to their benefit! They will be forgotten after they retire! Add Tomas' name to the others on the list of wasted talent: Ferrer, Gasquet, Nalbandian, Monfils, Tsonga, and so many more! They so underachieved, they lacked mental fortitude to make multiple finals! Even Cilic and Wawrinka waited until their hair had turned gray before realizing their potential! It's been very frustrating to see this happen every short tennis generation; a great talent never realized! Today the honor falls on players like Baby Fed; my thinking he would be great! Grigor blew it! Even though it didn't happen to me, I can still see him blowing a match against Murray a few years ago! I have to look it up, but IIRC, it was prob. Cinci with him up a set and a break or 2 in sets 2 & 3, but couldn't close it out! He was full of style, going down to defeat with multiple MP's in his pocket; all wasted! I was done! :nono :angel: :cover :rolleyes: :cry

You and me both, brother. We lived through more than this. Watching Federer roll punchdrunk slobs wasn't my idea of dramatic viewing. Safin, Baggy, Gonzo and Fozzy bloody Bear. Nalbandian? Pfft. It's really even more irritating when a guy has great talent, but no trousers. Like Nalbandian, Tsonga, Monfils, and the whole of French tennis, if memory serves. Grigor has a pretty smile, so I'm told. Women can see why he pulls. He's handsome. His game is pretty too. Pretty as pink lace. And about as flimsy... :nono

I really cut back watching 10 years ago; being suckered into thinking Fedal was an event, rationalizing Roger only lost due to slow, clay contests; that wasn't it! For a while, it was almost like the women's tour when Martina ruled in the mid 80's! It was embarrassing with few if any upsets; Roger taking 3 of 4 majors 3 times! When Nadal broke through for good in '08, Roger only won 4 more majors scattered over the next 4 years; a couple while Rafa out on hiatus! I just hope when he comes back, it doesn't hurt his legacy even more! :nono :cover :rolleyes:

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I don't think Goffin's win portends a GS title for him in the near future. Goffin does not have a killer weapon, but is consistent all around. That kind of a profile can get you a win over a counterpuncher like Andy, but it won't help you win a GS.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
GameSetAndMath said:
I don't think Goffin's win portends a GS title for him in the near future. Goffin does not have a killer weapon, but is consistent all around. That kind of a profile can get you a win over a counterpuncher like Andy, but it won't help you win a GS.

I don't think anyone was going there; more like it may be the start of Murray's decline! :angel: :dodgy: :lolz: :snicker

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
GameSetAndMath said:

I don't think anyone was going there; more like it may be the start of Murray's decline! :angel: :dodgy: :lolz: :snicker

Someone was claiming he is a contender for AO and so I chirped.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Goffin will be Goffin next year again, nothing more...

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
GameSetAndMath said:
Fiero425 said:
GameSetAndMath said:

I love Goffin, but as you said, he has no real weapon; more like a glorified counterpuncher! He very well might be consistent enough to stay in the top 20, but the top 10 will be hard! He's so easily overpowered by the elites, Tsonga, Berdych, and others with big serves and crisp volleys! :nono :angel: :dodgy: :cover

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
GameSetAndMath said:
Fiero425 said:

I love Goffin, but as you said, he has no real weapon; more like a glorified counterpuncher! He very well might be consistent enough to stay in the top 20, but the top 10 will be hard! He's so easily overpowered by the elites, Tsonga, Berdych, and others with big serves and crisp volleys! :nono :angel: :dodgy: :cover

Goffin is a kinda faceless player, he's no poster boy, he isn't a drawing card for any events, but he's honest in his efforts, in the way some players are. He'll cause trouble but deep inside, I suspect he knows his place...

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
Kieran said:
Fiero425 said:
We keep giving credit to the "stick-to it-ness" of Berdych, but that's been his whole problem! After all these years and working so hard, he still stinks trying to beat the elites! He's maybe upset Fedalic once when it meant something; Olympic semi, AO, Wimbledon, or Masters! He, along with his contemporaries who had "so much game," were unable to harness and use it to their benefit! They will be forgotten after they retire! Add Tomas' name to the others on the list of wasted talent: Ferrer, Gasquet, Nalbandian, Monfils, Tsonga, and so many more! They so underachieved, they lacked mental fortitude to make multiple finals! Even Cilic and Wawrinka waited until their hair had turned gray before realizing their potential! It's been very frustrating to see this happen every short tennis generation; a great talent never realized! Today the honor falls on players like Baby Fed; my thinking he would be great! Grigor blew it! Even though it didn't happen to me, I can still see him blowing a match against Murray a few years ago! I have to look it up, but IIRC, it was prob. Cinci with him up a set and a break or 2 in sets 2 & 3, but couldn't close it out! He was full of style, going down to defeat with multiple MP's in his pocket; all wasted! I was done! :nono :angel: :cover :rolleyes: :cry

You and me both, brother. We lived through more than this. Watching Federer roll punchdrunk slobs wasn't my idea of dramatic viewing. Safin, Baggy, Gonzo and Fozzy bloody Bear. Nalbandian? Pfft. It's really even more irritating when a guy has great talent, but no trousers. Like Nalbandian, Tsonga, Monfils, and the whole of French tennis, if memory serves. Grigor has a pretty smile, so I'm told. Women can see why he pulls. He's handsome. His game is pretty too. Pretty as pink lace. And about as flimsy... :nono

I really cut back watching 10 years ago; being suckered into thinking Fedal was an event, rationalizing Roger only lost due to slow, clay contests; that wasn't it! For a while, it was almost like the women's tour when Martina ruled in the mid 80's! It was embarrassing with few if any upsets; Roger taking 3 of 4 majors 3 times! When Nadal broke through for good in '08, Roger only won 4 more majors scattered over the next 4 years; a couple while Rafa out on hiatus! I just hope when he comes back, it doesn't hurt his legacy even more! :nono :cover :rolleyes:

Hurt his legacy even more than being the only player last 2 years beating Novak besides Stan more than a handful of times? I guess if that's hurting his legacy then fine. Let him keep on hurting it by beating prime Novak lol. 3 slam finals at age 33/34. Again, awful stuff, real legacy tainting bs right there lol. You sure have high standards, Fiero :-/:cover

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
^ To add to that, and it's been the opinion of many I might add, Roger would likely have beaten Murray at Wimbledon if 100% healthy. Murray didn't even win a set against him there last year. So that would have been another slam. Definitely he should retire lol. Anyway, he plans to be around at least another 2-3 years.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Front242 said:
Fiero425 said:
Kieran said:

Hurt his legacy even more than being the only player last 2 years beating Novak besides Stan more than a handful of times? I guess if that's hurting his legacy then fine. Let him keep on hurting it by beating prime Novak lol. 3 slam finals at age 33/34. Again, awful stuff, real legacy tainting bs right there lol. You sure have high standards, Fiero :-/:cover

We, the PEOPLE gave Roger that kind of adoration which no one came close to attaining! Even Laver with 2 CYGS's hadn't received the accolades Roger's been drowning in for the last 10 years! Heaven knows commentators and Federer fans were in such denial; I was just as guilty! We never gave credit to Nadal owning him; giving excuses all the while! We all should have gotten it when Nadal actually beat "The GOAT" in his sanctuary in London; '08 Wimbledon final! Most still thought it an aberration; it wasn't the case! The real aberration would be if Roger actually beat Rafa; all things being equal! By AO in '09, it should have been the final nail in that coffin of true comp. between the 2! Roger was in tears by then IIRC! I still say Roger should buy Soderling something nice back in Sweden; maybe a HOUSE to reward him for removing an obstacle at the FO of '09! Fed finally acquired his CGS! I'm looking forward to a new guard asserting itself; what can I say? Roger's still the GOAT with Nole & Rafa "in waiting!" Laver & Rosewall take a seat just below! Sampras drops to #6! Add on Borg, Lendl, Agassi, McEnroe, & Connors to make up the top 11! I think I've been consistent with my rants of who's who and where they stack up! :angel: :dodgy: :p :rolleyes:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Not that nonsense again lol. Why don't you ask Novak to buy Roger a present for being old and useless against him in his last 3 slam finals while you're at it :cover

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
You could ask Novak to buy Nadal a present too while you're at it for being utter crap at RG last 2 years but I forgot, the silliness only applies to old Roger :nono

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
Front242 said:
Fiero425 said:

We, the PEOPLE gave Roger that kind of adoration which no one came close to attaining! Even Laver with 2 CYGS's hadn't received the accolades Roger's been drowning in for the last 10 years! Heaven knows commentators and Federer fans were in such denial; I was just as guilty! We never gave credit to Nadal owning him; giving excuses all the while! We all should have gotten it when Nadal actually beat "The GOAT" in his sanctuary in London; '08 Wimbledon final! Most still thought it an aberration; it wasn't the case! The real aberration would be if Roger actually beat Rafa; all things being equal! By AO in '09, it should have been the final nail in that coffin of true comp. between the 2! Roger was in tears by then IIRC! I still say Roger should buy Soderling something nice back in Sweden; maybe a HOUSE to reward him for removing an obstacle at the FO of '09! Fed finally acquired his CGS! I'm looking forward to a new guard asserting itself; what can I say? Roger's still the GOAT with Nole & Rafa "in waiting!" Laver & Rosewall take a seat just below! Sampras drops to #6! Add on Borg, Lendl, Agassi, McEnroe, & Connors to make up the top 11! I think I've been consistent with my rants of who's who and where they stack up! :angel: :dodgy: :p :rolleyes:

This.

And probably a whole lot more...