Monte Carlo Rolex Masters 2023, Monaco, ATP Masters 1000

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
YES. So happy for Rublev...it has been a long time coming for the feisty Russia. He now joins the Big Title Club, becoming its 134th member (or 135th, if you count Bill Bowrey's non-Open 1968 AO).

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Just started watching with the 3rd set...what a different (worse) match from yesterday.

Rune struggling now.
That chump imploded and folded like a wet suit..Good Grief... another mental midget

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well I can’t say I’m heartbroken to see Rublev hoist his 1st Masters title. Little Holger will hopefully learn from this bitter loss, but Andrei is such a consistent, hard working player ( in ElDude’s words “ Ferrer-like” ) that I’m glad to see him get that trophy.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Great come back from Rublev after 0:3 in a final set. He was really long overdue for a Masters 1000 win. He is a hard worker and a good guy, came here close couple of times so this is well deserved.

As for Rune, he really likes to provoke the crowd. Threw the ball out of the court twice in a row just to make a point. He needs to be more consistent to be a threat for slams, he is not ready yet.

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
That chump imploded and folded like a wet suit..Good Grief... another mental midget
He'll get there, I think. The thing is, he's so damn good that the gains from better handling his emotions will be huge. The physical game is there - now his coaches just need to sit him down and work on the psych part. Once he starts being able to channel that frustration into focused entitlement to win, watch out rest of the tour.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I am glad to see Rublev come through and take this. Rune has a great game but his crappy attitude makes him a hard person to root for I know we need different personalities, but he can be downright ugly.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I am glad to see Rublev come through and take this. Rune has a great game but his crappy attitude makes him a hard person to root for I know we need different personalities, but he can be downright ugly.

Rublev has a temper too and can also be annoying and out of control on the court.

Reactions: tossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
From 1-4 down in the 3rd set,Rublev said "It's my turn"
Finally, Rublev's moment had arrived, his 1st Masters 1000 title, no one deserves this more!
Congratulations Rublev!

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Your response to your tennis journalism friend should have been..Hell No! Johnny Mac's hands and tennis IQ fueled by his " I'm an athlete not trying to be a choir boy attitude" is unparalleled .

If you gonna have someone play a match with your family's well being at stake, Do you want Mac or Ken Roswell?
Sorry to disappoint you, my reply of Rune 'rubbing people up the wrong way' was correct lol!

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Congratulations to Rublev! :clap:

djokomontecarlo.jpg

:face-with-hand-over-mouth:

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
He'll get there, I think. The thing is, he's so damn good that the gains from better handling his emotions will be huge. The physical game is there - now his coaches just need to sit him down and work on the psych part. Once he starts being able to channel that frustration into focused entitlement to win, watch out rest of the tour.
I like his brash persona,and he can get in anyone's face on tour and back it up with his game.He is playing to win not to be liked.I prefer him over a bunch of players like Zverez,Nick,Fritz,Rublev, and Medvedev.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Even Stefanos Tsitsipas tweeted, on Rublev's win! ( remember he once said Rublev had limited weapons, then later on apologized)

He deserves it. He is a good kid"