Monte Carlo Rolex Masters 2023, Monaco, ATP Masters 1000

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Holger maybe going to the well too often with the drop shot? . Beautiful hair needs to get his first serve percentage up.

A fairly scketchy match so far

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
A tennis journalist friend of mine texted me and asked

Is Rune the Modern Day version of Johnny Mac"
I texted back
He has a habit of rubbing people up the wrong way :)
Your response to your tennis journalism friend should have been..Hell No! Johnny Mac's hands and tennis IQ fueled by his " I'm an athlete not trying to be a choir boy attitude" is unparalleled .

If you gonna have someone play a match with your family's well being at stake, Do you want Mac or Ken Roswell?

Reactions: Jelenafan

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Is it only me who feels like quality of tennis is subpar? Also this year MC did not offer much. I'm missing at least Rafa and Alcaraz, guys who can win crazy points, pump up the crowd. There is way too many unforced errors in every match I watched for the past few days.

Reactions: Jelenafan and Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
TC is doing a remarkable job adding new fresh young voices to their broadcasts. Chris Eubanks is awesome .
He's adorably geeky in his suit and glasses. He's only 27 and an active player...is he injured? Also, he makes Jason Goodall look short, and Goodall is 6'2". They were standing together on TC, and I had to look it up, because I had been sure that Goodall was tall. Eubanks is 6'7"!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
First blood to Holger in the decider. Crowd seems behind him. I guess all the Italians went home. :lulz1:

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
That group of senior citizen Danish flag color wearing fans are killing me.

ETA: Holger wanted to wear an outfit the exact color of the red clay, it’s uncanny.

• Haha
Reactions: Moxie

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I think a lot of people have their eye on Rune because he's an incredible talent, coming up at a time when we're wondering where men's tennis goes after the Big 3. This doesn't exclude your opinion of him. We seem to have a lot of opinions of him, amongst us. He does have a champion in Jelenafan...and we're all having a lot of fun with that. (20 more years of Nordic imagery!)
I am an unashamed Rune fan..lol.He doesn't seem to care about what people think about him.He is focused on winning and doesn't put the seniors of the tour on a pedestal.He is there to get the job done..

Reactions: Fiero425 and Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
That escape for Rune may be the nail in Hair Dude's coffin.

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Just started watching with the 3rd set...what a different (worse) match from yesterday.

Rune struggling now.

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Rune is borderline imploding now. Not sure what it is about Rublev that is bothering him, or if it is just the pressure of the moment. Rublev is playing OK but the overall level is so much lower than yesterday.

Reactions: Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
What a terrible game from Holger there! I hope that was about his back, tbh. Rublev to serve for it.

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
You can tell how badly Rublev wants this.