Miami Open - WTA 1000 - 2022

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
And she completely deserves #1. Can you imagine if Saba was still #2 when Ash retired. Yikes! That girl would probably never win another tourney again. You know how underwhelming she is as the top seed. :anxious-face-with-sweat:
Iga won Miami without dropping a set...just crazy

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Now she needs to lose one match on clay before she gets to RG. That way she doesn't carry that additional pressure into the slam.

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Now she needs to lose one match on clay before she gets to RG. That way she doesn't carry that additional pressure into the slam.
Iga is the top seed at Charleston I wonder if she will play,I think she needs a rest

Reactions: kskate2

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Iga is the top seed at Charleston I wonder if she will play,I think she needs a rest
Or as the #1 seed she can play a round or 2 and then gracefully bow out by losing to a worthy opponent. Go home for 2 weeks and get ready for the Euro red dirt.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Or as the #1 seed she can play a round or 2 and then gracefully bow out by losing to a worthy opponent. Go home for 2 weeks and get ready for the Euro red dirt.
I think so,I know she is young with plenty of energy,still even a youngster needs to rest and recharge after a hectic 2 weeks back to back on a HC

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The Swiatek Streak and Sweep!

17 consecutive wins
20 consecutive sets
1st woman to sweep the 1st 3 WTA1000 in a season
4th and youngest woman to win the Sunshine Double (Graf,Cljisters,Azarenka)
6-1 in WTA finals
Has won 12 straight sets in finals
1st Polish woman to be No 1 on Monday

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Thanks for the company and I am still in awe of this young lady Iga Swiatek.I am going to go for a run
Bye for now

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Iga Swiatek has withdrawn from Charleston ( arm injury) good decision Iga go and rest for the red clay season:)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This is going to be a reoccurring theme from here on out! Any player who has a nice run will inevitably be forced to miss the next event! :shushing-face: :astonished-face:
Please give the young lady a break she has just won Sunshine Double and her 3rd WTA 1000 the first young woman to do so

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well let’s be real, I don’t think Swiatek along with the rest of us expected her to do this well.
I am not surprised look at her results she has been making good inroads in other tournaments,good consistent results, after she won RG,she has improved on HC and she has great variety in her game,she was too good for Osaka today in all departments and won Miami without dropping a set.

Last edited:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Please give the young lady a break she has just won Sunshine Double and her 3rd WTA 1000 the first young woman to do so

It's not a critique; just a fact! Players of the last generation or 2 are quite accomplished, but they can't stay on court due to overtraining and overplaying! They go all out and it's really breaks them down! If they happen to win an event or 2, it's about guaranteed they'll have some kind of physical issue! :face-with-hand-over-mouth: :shushing-face: :partying-face::fearful-face:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
It's not a critique; just a fact! Players of the last generation or 2 are quite accomplished, but they can't stay on court due to overtraining and overplaying! They go all out and it's really breaks them down! If they happen to win an event or 2, it's about guaranteed they'll have some kind of physical issue! :face-with-hand-over-mouth: :shushing-face: :partying-face::fearful-face:
Please live in the present I still think you are being too tough on her.I wanted her to withdraw from Charleston it isnt proper clay for starters,she needs a rest.Plus you cannot compare one generation to the other,that isnt fair either

Last edited:
Reactions: kskate2 and Moxie