Miami Open, Premier Mandatory 2018

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
But then Serena is not really a clay courter.
Right you are K, Serena came back way too early.
Clay courter or not, she's won RG 3 times and been in the final one other time, so she know a fair amount about how to win on it. Clay will help her rhythm because she can't just blast the ball.

Reactions: GameSetAndMath

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
But then Serena is not really a clay courter.
Right you are K, Serena came back way too early.

Players are tougher, more athletic, and aren't running scared of either Williams sister! I doubt Serena gets out of the 1st week of Paris outside setting up her draw with Qualifiers, WC's, and old "never-weres" that can't challenge her! Osaka destroyed her in Miami just by running down all her shots which frustrated Serena into UFE's; even on MP that went long! :nono: :facepalm: :banghead: :p :rolleyes:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Players are tougher, more athletic, and aren't running scared of either Williams sister! I doubt Serena gets out of the 1st week of Paris outside setting up her draw with Qualifiers, WC's, and old "never-weres" that can't challenge her! Osaka destroyed her in Miami just by running down all her shots which frustrated Serena into UFE's; even on MP that went long! :nono: :facepalm: :banghead: :p :rolleyes:
Serena needs to find her hammer..THE SERVE ...she owns the true hammer of Thor.. It takes time.. I would think 3 months of tournament matches and a ton of basket of balls should assist her to regain her form.

Last edited:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Serena needs to find her hammer..THE SERVE ...she owns the true hammer of Thor.. It takes time.. I would think 3 months of tournament matches and a ton of basketball should assist her to regain her form.

It's not just that! My mom loves Serena, but said to me that those long strides to her FH will take time to get back after having a kid! Hormones change, the bones get brittle, & muscles don't recover as quickly! It will definitely take time & thinking she would win "right off" was insane! :cuckoo: :nono: :negative: :rip:

Last edited:

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
Why did Keys retire?

Vika had all that time off and still can’t serve. Disappointing.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
both finalists from Indian Wells were ousted early in Miami.

I only watched a minute of Osaka, but she looked terrible! Tons of upsets that are awful including Goffin going out 0 & 1 to Sousa! I didn't expect much from Nole, but he looks passionless; and he needs that to play and win! Shame; doesn't look like he's going to pull a Federer and come back better than ever! Venus got thru with little fuss or muss; daddy cheering her on! :nono: :facepalm: :eek: :rolleyes: :ptennis:

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

First time I've seen a player getting a new first serve because the crowd was interfearing. OK Puig played really well in the last part of the match from middle second, so a worthy winner BUT if it had been another crowd I think it'd have ended differently.

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

First time I've seen a player getting a new first serve because the crowd was interfearing. OK Puig played really well in the last part of the match from middle second, so a worthy winner BUT if it had been another crowd I think it'd have ended differently.

I only saw the last of the match, so maybe I missed what you saw, but the Miami crowd can be rowdy and partisan, and Puig is from Puerto Rico. Caroline is mature enough to overcome a tough crowd, I should think. Also, there is a weird rule about getting a new first serve when there is obstruction, or otherwise bad call. I don't know the rule, but it does happen all the time.

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I only saw the last of the match, so maybe I missed what you saw, but the Miami crowd can be rowdy and partisan, and Puig is from Puerto Rico. Caroline is mature enough to overcome a tough crowd, I should think. Also, there is a weird rule about getting a new first serve when there is obstruction, or otherwise bad call. I don't know the rule, but it does happen all the time.

This is some remarks from Caroline - and it doesn't seem ok what she has experienced - but it's Trump America so you never know (sorry)

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
what happened to the Woz ???

Must have had a hissy fit over the partisan crowd! I would expect better from her getting to #1 twice! Never been a fan; allows nobodies to extend or beat her! It just makes no sense at times; now this collapse after being up 6-0, 1--0! HOW? Idiotic! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm: :banghead: :cuckoo: :eek:

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Must have had a hissy fit over the partisan crowd! I would expect better from her getting to #1 twice! Never been a fan; allows nobodies to extend or beat her! It just makes no sense at times; now this collapse after being up 6-0, 1--0! HOW? Idiotic! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm: :banghead: :cuckoo: :eek:

Well some people talk without knowledge -are you one of them? seems so. Here is a reaction from one who was attending the match:

DZFH7leW0AA4LQd.jpg:large

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
IMO nothing will ever be as ugly as Americans going after Martina Navratilova early on when going against their Princess, Chris Evert! Cry me a river! It was UGLY and that wasn't including the press who were just as hateful! :cry:

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Order of Play Monday

STADIUM

After 1 ATP match

Garbiñe MUGURUZA (ESP) [3] v Sloane STEPHENS (USA) [13]

After 1 ATP match

Venus WILLIAMS (USA) [8] v Johanna KONTA (GBR) [11]

After 1 ATP match

Not before 9pm
Jelena OSTAPENKO (LAT) [6] v Petra KVITOVA (CZE) [9]

GRANDSTAND

After 2 ATP matches

Agnieszka RADWANSKA (POL) [30] v [WC] Victoria AZARENKA (BLR)

COURT 1

Zarina DIYAS (KAZ) v Karolina PLISKOVA (CZE) [5]

Angelique KERBER (GER) [10] v [Q] WANG Yafan (CHN)

Ashleigh BARTY (AUS) [21] v Elina SVITOLINA (UKR) [4]

After 1 ATP match

[Q] Danielle COLLINS (USA) v Monica PUIG (PUR)

COURT 2

After 4 ATP matches

Not before 5pm
Ashleigh BARTY (AUS) / CoCo VANDEWEGHE (USA) v Vania KING (USA) / Katarina SREBOTNIK (SLO)

Shuko AOYAMA (JPN) / YANG Zhaoxuan (CHN) v Nadiia KICHENOK (UKR) / Anastasia RODIONOVA (AUS)

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Some good matchups:

Garbiñe v Sloane
Venus v Konta
Aga v Vika
Ostapenko v Kvitova

Wonder how much the Bertens match takes out of Venus.