Miami Open, Florida, USA, ATP Masters 2017

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
@mrzz won't like it but I'm not seeing what he does. Kyrgios has a nice feel and good hands, easy power, improvises well and has good movement. Make no bones about it, Federer played very well today and Nick took him to the brink.

I will HATE it. I will simply call you all nicktards from now on.

Reactions: britbox

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
kskate2 said:
the AntiPusher said:
KOD doomed Nick... He will pick....on Sunday

He'll pick Federer because it's on HC and he's won 2 matches already this year.

if I know Steve he will pick Rafa cause he will feel Rafa is due for a win vs Fed..all the boards members on his board are begging him to pick Rafa so Fed can win..it's seems odd but its true.

LOL, no one cares about Tignor's picks. He's not always cursing everyone. After all he got Nadal v Fognini right. The better player on the day will win and that's it.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Can't settle on what I think the outcome will be so I'll make 2 guesses. If Federer wins it will be in 2 lopsided sets like Indian Wells, otherwise Nadal in 3. Don't see Federer winning in 3.

Frode789

Club Member
Reactions
Website
www.citiesskylines-nation.com
Front242 said:
Can't settle on what I think the outcome will be so I'll make 2 guesses. If Federer wins it will be in 2 lopsided sets like Indian Wells, otherwise Nadal in 3. Don't see Federer winning in 3.

But did you see Fed winning a GS in 5 sets vs Nadal? :) I have to agree though, my gut says that if it goes to 3, then Nadal will take it. Then again, you never know.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
With this I agree completely -- and you chose the word "exciting" -- and I won´t fight the facts. His last two matches fitted this description perfectly.

That´s the part I completely disagree. As I said other times (sorry if I am being repetitive), in my opinion people confuse talent for an unorthodox style of play. Of course I won´t say he has no talent -- he is top 20, to being with. I really don´t see him more talented than the rest of the top 20 -- we can discuss this aspect by aspect elsewhere. And, for the mental issues, now we have seen two matches in a row were he stood toe to toe, point for point, and gave almost nothing for free. He has his act -- but in practical tennis terms he has the opposite of mental issues.

I agree, but mainly because of his serve. No wonder you let RG out.

Again, we have a different conception of talent. One thing Kyrgios is far ahead most of the others is his ability to transform his actual talent into results.

I agree with that -- you cannot don´t keep notice of him. But I see him, technically speaking, as quite one-dimensional. He surely does not seem one-dimensional given how he approach the matches, and the trick shots he likes to do. But tactically speaking he has basic no options -- at least no effective options. For example, yesterday he tried to rush the serve, SABR like. He lost all the points in embarrassing fashion. But merit to him to have tried.

One dimensional? Come on buddy! The guy can do everything. What I like about him is that he's the first up and coming player I've seen since Murray who really understands the concept of changing pace. I'm wondering how you can possibly seem him as one dimensional after watching him yesterday. And tactically as well, he had a plan yesterday and executed very well. I'm really surprised

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:
the AntiPusher said:
kskate2 said:
He'll pick Federer because it's on HC and he's won 2 matches already this year.

if I know Steve he will pick Rafa cause he will feel Rafa is due for a win vs Fed..all the boards members on his board are begging him to pick Rafa so Fed can win..it's seems odd but its true.

LOL, no one cares about Tignor's picks. He's not always cursing everyone. After all he got Nadal v Fognini right. The better player on the day will win and that's it.

The better player on the day will win and that's it.

very Dr Phil worthy analysis by you front

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
One dimensional? Come on buddy! The guy can do everything. What I like about him is that he's the first up and coming player I've seen since Murray who really understands the concept of changing pace. I'm wondering how you can possibly seem him as one dimensional after watching him yesterday. And tactically as well, he had a plan yesterday and executed very well. I'm really surprised

I knew people would react to this. He surely does not look one-dimensional, but I do not think he actually changes pace. His rally shots are consistently slow. Once a rally is going, apart from an occasional blast if a very good opportunity appears, he rarely does anything different than to put the ball back in to play. He comes with unorthodox shots when with his back against the wall (merit to him), but shot for shot, play for play, he hardly has the initiative to change anything.

Tactically, I agree. And this goes against the notion that he is a head-case. Head cases don´t stick to the plan deep down in the third set tie-break. Head cases in fact don´t stick to the plan deep down in the match´s third game.

Edit. P.S. Oh, I forgot: You freaking Nicktard!

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I knew people would react to this. He surely does not look one-dimensional, but I do not think he actually changes pace. His rally shots are consistently slow. Once a rally is going, apart from an occasional blast if a very good opportunity appears, he rarely does anything different than to put the ball back in to play. He comes with unorthodox shots when with his back against the wall (merit to him), but shot for shot, play for play, he hardly has the initiative to change anything.

Tactically, I agree. And this goes against the notion that he is a head-case. Head cases don´t stick to the plan deep down in the third set tie-break. Head cases in fact don´t stick to the plan deep down in the match´s third game.

Edit. P.S. Oh, I forgot: You freaking Nicktard!

Lol! Keep watching him buddy. Your blindness will be cured. There is definitely change of pace. I think you're being fooled by topspin. I can't see how your argument can be credible when you see how he has done against Novak and Roger. There is something real there

ftan

Masters Champion
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
shivashish said:
Fedal no. 37. I can't believe we will have seen already 3 Fedal matches this year. Tennis Gods are great for having given us so many Fedals when we thought Roger was nearly over.

Now if the tennis Gods :angel:can grant us #15,#16#17 and impeachment of Trump:devil & his cooperatives:devil

Now I dont need #15, #16 and #17 for obvious reasons :D, but I am right there with you for impeachment. Can I also add how much more I dislike Isner due to his love for Donnie:mad::mad:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
ftan said:
the AntiPusher said:
shivashish said:
Fedal no. 37. I can't believe we will have seen already 3 Fedal matches this year. Tennis Gods are great for having given us so many Fedals when we thought Roger was nearly over.

Now if the tennis Gods :angel:can grant us #15,#16#17 and impeachment of Trump:devil & his cooperatives:devil

Now I dont need #15, #16 and #17 for obvious reasons :D, but I am right there with you for impeachment. Can I also add how much more I dislike Isner due to his love for Donnie:mad::mad:

Yeah..Isner was on thin ice with me , but that one melted things permanently..I don't dislike a person for their political views..but all I can say..how his supporters feel about Comrade Trump now

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kyrgios remind me to Monfils but with better serve and even that he likes to repeat constantly that tenis is not his favorite sport and blah blah blah he takes it with a lot more self-esteem than the French who to me he has more talent than the Australian but he doesn't take it so serious

ftan

Masters Champion
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
ftan said:
the AntiPusher said:

Yeah..Isner was on thin ice with me , but that one melted things permanently..I don't dislike a person for their political views..but all I can say..how his supporters feel about Comrade Trump now

Well I know people who still think its all a conspiracy to bring their beloved down.. Ok I will stop now my blood is boiling

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Frode789 said:
Front242 said:

But did you see Fed winning a GS in 5 sets vs Nadal? :) I have to agree though, my gut says that if it goes to 3, then Nadal will take it. Then again, you never know.

He has every chance to win it if he plays like he did yesterday. He's had much tougher matches than Nadal who hasn't faced a single top 10 player so he'll be ready. Hope it's a good match and more importantly I hope I can actually watch it. No idea what time it will be on here.

mightyjeditribble

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Front242 said:
Frode789 said:
Front242 said:

He has every chance to win it if he plays like he did yesterday. He's had much tougher matches than Nadal who hasn't faced a single top 10 player so he'll be ready. Hope it's a good match and more importantly I hope I can actually watch it. No idea what time it will be on here.
Fed hasn't had to play a current top 10 player either ...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I think Nick is a very explosive and a instinctive tennis player,he has already defeated Novak,Federer,Rafa,which speaks volumes at this time in his career.He came very close again in defeating Federer.Yes he has issues at times with his focus during matches,can be a 'loose canon'. I have followed him since his junior days I always knew he was a very talented tennis player.

Reactions: britbox

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
mightyjeditribble said:
Front242 said:
Frode789 said:

Fed hasn't had to play a current top 10 player either ...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Forgot Bomas Terdych was out of the top 10 currently but really he's been a top 10 player for years and is only barely out of the top 10. Either way, Federer's draw was way tougher so he should be more match tough but of course also more physically and mentally drained.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I think Nick is a very explosive and a instinctive tennis player,he has already defeated Novak,Federer,Rafa,which speaks volumes at this time in his career.He came very close again in defeating Federer.Yes he has issues at times with his focus during matches,can be a 'loose canon'. I have followed him since his junior days I always knew he was a very talented tennis player.

Yes agreed. Very talented. It's interesting though, he doesn't seem to cause Murray any problems. This is what makes tennis so intriguing.. match ups

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Yes agreed. Very talented. It's interesting though, he doesn't seem to cause Murray any problems. This is what makes tennis so intriguing.. match ups

Indeed Nick to date has not defeated Murray,I think one has to have a lot of patience in playing against Murray,he gives you a lot of different pace balls,also he is one of the best returners in the world.

crystalfire

Major Winner
Reactions
didnt know isner supported trump yikess. i hate to bring politics into tennis or anything else for that matter but if you support trump i have no respect for you. isner was trash anyway all serve and no game