Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Stephens in 3

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Wow this is gonna be a good em...i am gonna stick with Ostapenko. .She will force Sloane to be on the defensive ..personally i would like to see Kamau Murray pupil capture the title..

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Have not really watched either of them play in this tourney. But, looks like the quality of players Sloane defeated is higher and so I pick her. Besides, she will have some home court advantage.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Have not really watched either of them play in this tourney. But, looks like the quality of players Sloane defeated is higher and so I pick her. Besides, she will have some home court advantage.
Home court advantage isn’t what you think it is for non Caucasian American tennis players in Miami vs European players..

I recall a 1998 final between Venus and Anna Kournikova that I attended. Venus came out with a heavy bandage on knee.. it covered her entire knee cap patella region.. As we were watching the two warm up , This American clown sitting behind us just kept making the most negative comments about Venus ..He said ”how does she expects to be able to play with that thing on her knee”.. she should just forfeit the match. We all looked at him but the senior member of our group told us to refrain from feeding the Troll. Anna began the match on fire and the clown cheered for her every shot and jeered at everything Venus did good or bad. Anna took the first set and the clown kept trolling .. However , the group of Americans I was sitting with refused to acknowledge that clown and Venus regrouped to win the 2nd and 3rd sets.. The troll was overwhelmed with his distain for Venus and quickly exited the stadium as the championship ceremony began.. We yelled at him, hey buddy “ doesn’t look like that bandage prevented Venus from getting the W. “ He snarled and exited the stadium.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Home court advantage isn’t what you think it is for non Caucasian American tennis players in Miami vs European players..

I recall a 1998 final between Venus and Anna Kournikova that I attended. Venus came out with a heavy bandage on knee.. it covered her entire knee cap patella region.. As we were watching the two warm up , This American clown sitting behind us just kept making the most negative comments about Venus ..He said ”how does she expects to be able to play with that thing on her knee”.. she should just forfeit the match. We all looked at him but the senior member of our group told us to refrain from feeding the Troll. Anna began the match on fire and the clown cheered for her every shot and jeered at everything Venus did good or bad. Anna took the first set and the clown kept trolling .. However , the group of Americans I was sitting with refused to acknowledge that clown and Venus regrouped to win the 2nd and 3rd sets.. The troll was overwhelmed with his distain for Venus and quickly exited the stadium as the championship ceremony began.. We yelled at him, hey buddy “ doesn’t look like that bandage prevented Venus from getting the W. “ He snarled and exited the stadium.

But, Anna is special.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I actually think Sloane has the game to force Osta into a ton of errors. It'll be close so the person who serves better will end up winning and that will ultimately be Sloane.

Reactions: Moxie

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I actually think Sloane has the game to force Osta into a ton of errors. It'll be close so the person who serves better will end up winning and that will ultimately be Sloane.

Sloane’s serve has decent pace at times but its not at the level of the Williams sisters
Ostapenko puts a lot of pressure on server..Ostapenko will force Sloane to try to serve bigger than she is capable. she will force Sloane into a lot of double faults.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
You called it KS..Sloane really took Ostapenko apart..Also Sloane has expose Ostapenko forehand..it’s a huge liability..Congrats to Sloane and Kamau..what a team.

Reactions: Moxie and Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I did watch, but didn't post. So happy for Sloane. But I still like Ostapenko...she's young, and swings for the fences. A bit like Shapo, on the men's side, though Ostapenko has a Major. But they just wallop it, without much sense of shot selection. It'll come.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I did watch, but didn't post. So happy for Sloane. But I still like Ostapenko...she's young, and swings for the fences. A bit like Shapo, on the men's side, though Ostapenko has a Major. But they just wallop it, without much sense of shot selection. It'll come.
I like Ostapenko Too..she don’t have to worry..not to many players like Sloane on the tour..Ostapenko will continue to dominate the other players on the tour in grand slams

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
But, Anna is special.
So its was ok for that troll to be a jerk because you say " Anna is special ".

BTW ..Anna was the most gracious and accommodating of all the tennis players during my 10 plus years attendance at that tournament ..James Blake and Katrina Adams very nice..Chanda Rubin was the Worst