Match-fixing

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
While we seriously debate as to who will win a match based on forehands, backhands, seves,
volleys, mental strength and stamina, apparently match fixing goes on even in GS matches
and not just in some low level tourney matches. See the article on match fixing from tennis.com. Too bad
that they are not releasing the names of the players involved (to us at least).

The Big Bad Wolf

Reactions
RE: Matchfixing happens even in GS matches

GameSetAndMath said:
While we seriously debate as to who will win a match based on forehands, backhands, seves,
volleys, mental strength and stamina, apparently match fixing goes on even in GS matches
and not just in some low level tourney matches. See the article on match fixing from tennis.com. Too bad
that they are not releasing the names of the players involved (to us at least).

Well, to be fair, what did this article tell us? That some matches, from 2008 to this very moment, might have been fixed, since someone saw an unusual pattern. And by the way, where is the proof for any of this? I am not sure if it`s only me but I don`t believe a word written here. Sure, there is a possibility that some (or all of them for that matter) were rigged, but I just won`t buy it until I am convinced otherwise by a reliable source. :nono