Madrid Draw

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Billie said:
Mastoor said:
El Dude said:
I think that Tsonga is one of the few players that has a legit shot at beating Djokovic in any given match. Could be interesting.

Yet, No1e denied it every time they played since 2010 - last SEVEN times!

I am actually happy that No1e has quality opponents in his draw. It worked for him well in Monte-Carlo.

Well it didn't have to be this hard, but what can we do. You are right, sometimes he is more focussed when he has more quality opponents from the 1st round. Good luck Nole!!!:angel:

If No1e wins all 5 matches in Madrid he will have exactly 500 wins. I am looking forward to it, although I also hope his ankle is fine, considering that visit to the doctor in Czech.

jhar26

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Decent draw for Roger. I'm happy that he'll get a few matches under his belt before facing the big guns........famous last words? I hope not. ;)

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Mastoor said:
If No1e wins all 5 matches in Madrid he will have exactly 500 wins. I am looking forward to it, although I also hope his ankle is fine, considering that visit to the doctor in Czech.

The ankle. :dodgy:

Sure it's fine. He only needs to play Monte Carlo on a bad ankle to heal it. We saw it was fine, don't worry about it...

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
Mastoor said:

Sure it's fine. He only needs to play Monte Carlo on a bad ankle to heal it. We saw it was fine, don't worry about it...
In retrospect, a bad ankle is what the doctor's order:rolleyes:

reddy

Reactions
Riotbeard said:
Why isn't Gulbis playing?

He didn't make the cut. His ranking at the time of entry deadline wasn't high enough to gain acceptance and he isn't entered in the qualifying draw. He had to play Qualifiers at Barcelona for the same reason. He also played this week at Munich so I assume he is taking the week off.

fedfan

Club Member
Reactions
We will be treated(and the players tortured) to the slippery blue clard again?

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
fedfan said:
We will be treated(and the players tortured) to the slippery blue clard again?

No

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions
DAMN!!! I knew it was bound to happen sooner or later...My two faves, F3 and Dr. Y, squaring off in the first round. Who to pull for? Such a dilemma! Youzhny or Fognini? Fognini or Youzhny? I think I'll go with Youzhnini. Yeah... Definitely Fognouzhny! :)

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Kieran said:
Mastoor said:

Wait a minute Kieran, we do have some other fandoms to learn from. We don't have a knee to talk about before every tournament so we better mention the ankle, just in case. ;)

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Finally a good match by Fernando, in his home town, 7-6, 6-2 against Goffin in R1

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
herios said:
Finally a good match by Fernando, in his home town, 7-6, 6-2 against Goffin in R1

Must be the first match he's won in ages. Good to see alright.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Front242 said:
herios said:

Ages was actually a month (he defeated in early april Steve Johnson atHouston), but it feels like ages. He has a horrible record this year 3-8, losing to guys outside of the top 100.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
herios said:
Front242 said:
herios said:

Ages was actually a month (he defeated in early april Steve Johnson atHouston), but it feels like ages. He has a horrible record this year 3-8, losing to guys outside of the top 100.

Yeah but as you say he's been losing to nobodies. I mean he'd be expected to beat Steve Johnson. Anyway he did quite well here last year beating a certain big name on clay so it's good to see him improving his winning record for 2013 which sucks. 3-8 is bad.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Front242 said:
herios said:
Front242 said:
herios said:

Yeah but as you say he's been losing to nobodies. I mean he'd be expected to beat Steve Johnson. Anyway he did quite well here last year beating a certain big name on clay so it's good to see him improving his winning record for 2013 which sucks. 3-8 is bad.

Still, i think he is bound to slip further in the rankings, because next he plays either Milos or Davydenko. Davydenko is another player sliding rather fast, but Milos is another story.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Mastoor said:
Wait a minute Kieran, we do have some other fandoms to learn from. We don't have a knee to talk about before every tournament so we better mention the ankle, just in case. ;)

Well, that would be true if there was an ankle to talk about. And don't knock the knee! Nadal's absence from the game benefitted your chap so much that he might take Rafa to five if they meet in Paris (pray for an ump who lets them play in a swampy deluge, eh? ;) ).

The ankle? Meh! Nothing wrong with it...

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Kieran said:
Mastoor said:

Well, that would be true if there was an ankle to talk about. And don't knock the knee! Nadal's absence from the game benefitted your chap so much that he might take Rafa to five if they meet in Paris (pray for an ump who lets them play in a swampy deluge, eh? ;) ).

The ankle? Meh! Nothing wrong with it...

Oh Kieran, I thought that after we went on a date things would have been different, but alas everything is the same. But we did see Nole roll his ankle and did not see Rafa do anything to his knee, right?:p

And exactly how did Nole benefit from Rafa's absence I am very interested to hear LOL By losing Wimbledon and USO, Cincy...or by winning Rafa's otherwise prime tournaments like Shanghai, Rogers, WTF...? LOL If anything I blame Rafa for leaving Nole to battle Roger and Andy all by himself.:mad:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Now Billie, next time we go on a date I want you to at least pretend to listen, rather than play with your fancy phone all the time. I really will drop it in the soup next time... :p

Nole's ankle is fine. He fell over and he played on and he hasn't missed a day in school since, thankfully. And now he's in with a shot of taking the final in Paris to five sets, while Rafa works his way back to his best. I think five sets would be great! Federer only ever got four (and in 2008, I mean 4 games... ;))...

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Kieran said:
Now Billie, next time we go on a date I want you to at least pretend to listen, rather than play with your fancy phone all the time. I really will drop it in the soup next time... :p

Nole's ankle is fine. He fell over and he played on and he hasn't missed a day in school since, thankfully. And now he's in with a shot of taking the final in Paris to five sets, while Rafa works his way back to his best. I think five sets would be great! Federer only ever got four (and in 2008, I mean 4 games... ;))...

Hihihi my blackberry is very resistant...how 'bout Nole benefitting from Rafa's absence part?:D

I. Haychew said:
DAMN!!! I knew it was bound to happen sooner or later...My two faves, F3 and Dr. Y, squaring off in the first round. Who to pull for? Such a dilemma! Youzhny or Fognini? Fognini or Youzhny? I think I'll go with Youzhnini. Yeah... Definitely Fognouzhny! :)

I think the draw is FIXED!! At least one of them will reach 2nd round.;)

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Billie said:
Kieran said:

Hihihi my blackberry is very resistant...how 'bout Nole benefitting from Rafa's absence part?:D

Straight-forward. Your boy was fodder for my boy on clay last year. Now Nadal is working his way back from a long enforced absence, your chap will benefit to the extent of going to five sets in Paris, instead of his usual 3 (or maybe 4, if he gets a nice favourable ump).

Your Blackberry is safe. Now would you like sticky toffee pudding or raspberry meringue for your dessert? :cool: