Laver Cup 2023, Vancouver, Canada

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well.. someone had to hype the low energy fans.Vancouver is like Beijing or Mumbai.
Is your issue lack of attendance or "low-energy?" If the seats are empty, you have a point. If the fans aren't loud enough for you...you're watching it on TV, so I'm not sure how you judge.

Reactions: tossip

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Is your issue lack of attendance or "low-energy?" If the seats are empty, you have a point. If the fans aren't loud enough for you...you're watching it on TV, so I'm not sure how you judge.
I don't like Vancouver,it's so beautiful in BC but not my cup of tea.I love the vibe in Montreal,and it's even better than Toronto.

Reactions: Fiero425

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
My issue is about the low energy from the fans.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
My issue is about the low energy from the fans.
I think that's unfair to say if you're watching it on TV. How do you really know? I do love that you're so opinionated, since I am, too. Since basically no one is interested in the tennis, we may as well do the travelogue. Personally, I love Vancouver. It's a beautiful city, and in one of the most stunningly beautiful settings, for a big city. Like Rio...it has big mountains and lovely sea. And I like the people. I've worked there a lot, and spent many months there. They are very mellow, though, so maybe that's what you're not finding in the LC atmosphere. I also love Toronto...the NYC of Canada. I haven't yet been to Montreal, but I will go, and I'm looking forward to it. I still think Vancouver was a good choice for LC. They've never gone that far west, so more accessible to US West Coast, and anyone from Asia who wanted to come.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Waking up to see Le Monf calling it what it is. A goof show, a millionaires playground, a junket. FAA getting annoyed at an exo? Hope he shows as much fire someday in a real match.

#FAAFETCHED…. :popcorn

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Waking up to see Le Monf calling it what it is. A goof show, a millionaires playground, a junket. FAA getting annoyed at an exo? Hope he shows as much fire someday in a real match.

THE best of the rest are playing in 2 China events being played in the Far East! Just watched Khachanov d McDonald in Zhuhai! :fearful-face: :yawningface:

Reactions: tossip and Kieran

tented

Administrator
Reactions
IMG_4190.jpeg

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Europe has to sweep today to win. Shelton is a good doubles player, owing, I guess, to college experience. Hurkacz not so much. His main skill in doubles seems to be measuring 6'5".

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Europe has to sweep today to win. Shelton is a good doubles player, owing, I guess, to college experience. Hurkacz not so much. His main skill in doubles seems to be measuring 6'5".
Ben and Frances as a doubles team should be a 'fun match'
I have to admit this year's LC has been underwhelming maybe next year when LC goes to Berlin which is a great city to visit, there maybe more interest from European players, I know Stef and Holger had to withdraw due to injury, in saying that next year is a Olympic year as well

Last edited:
Reactions: tossip and Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
They’ll be showboating and gurning and hanging up the phone, breakdancing on the floor, basically playing games of charades between points.

Perfect for an exhibition, actually..
It was a fun match! And, in fairness, they didn't play it like an exhibition. But World wins. Not sure what they do after this. A friend of mine suggested one set of Borg v McEnroe. I'd vote for that!

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
So the subs get to play, and STILL World is kicking Europe's ass.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
This match is a lot of fun,and Foki and the young fella are enjoying themselves.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
The World won, thankfully. Imagine the alternative, the World loses. At tennis. Not even Bill Pullman can rescue us from that fate. Well done World. Pesky aliens…

• Haha
Reactions: kskate2

PhiEaglesfan712

Masters Champion
Reactions

lol, this is exactly why I stopped being a fan of FAA. He just doesn't win enough on the tennis court, where it matters.