Last album you played was...?

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm not sure if we had this kind of thread for CDs/LPs here, but if so it's got lost somewhere and I can't find it. But as we have a movies thread, I thought this might be an idea that complements it.

Yesterday I listened to the joyous "Rubber Soul" by The Beatles, and started to again as I type this.

What an incredible album of non-single songs - "Drive My Car", "Norwegian Wood", "Nowhere Man", "Michelle", "Girl", "In My Life", which gets more and more poignant and one grows older.

And the corresponding single 45rpm release was... "Day Tripper" / "We Can Work It Out", a contender for the best ever double-sided single. The tragedy is this awesome record misses out on the series of 50th anniversary editions we've been treated to. Maybe on the 60th they'll do something :yesyes:
original_450.jpg

Reactions: tented

tented

Administrator
Reactions
For me, the last album was the 50th anniversary release of Woodstock. OK, technically I didn’t listen to all of it, but I listened to a lot of it.

There’s lots of great music here, especially:

- Santana - “Soul Sacrifice” — which features one of the best drum solos ever

- The Who performing songs from Tommy, which had just been released three months earlier

- Joe Cocker - “With a Little Help from my Friends”

- Crosby, Stills & Nash - “Suite: Judy Blue Eyes” — CSN famously performed their second-only concert here in front of hundreds of thousands of people

- Jimi Hendrix - “Star-Spangled Banner” — the definitive statement on the possibilities of an electric guitar

643494C7-269F-4576-AA1A-FF826D213184.jpeg

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
The Alexander Brothers, Scotland we love you.