What was the last theatrical performance you saw whether live or on DVD?

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
I've just watched the DVD live version of 12th night at Shakespeare's globe theatre with Stephen Fry, Roger Lloyd Pack & Mark Rylance. I thought it was brilliant. I've only ever read 12th night before. I've never seen the play or film before. It's 1 of my favourite Shakespeare plays. I love it.

The last live play I watched was The King & I at London Palladium. That was brilliant too.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I saw West Side Story for about the 3rd time at the Sydney Opera House in late 2019.It was an all Australian production which I enjoyed very much.I really miss 'live theater'.....I am tempted to go and see 'Hamilton' which has had rave reviews,though I don't know how they are going to do 'social distancing' in a theater and now here in Sydney wearing a mask indoors is mandatory.

Reactions: Horsa

Horsa

Reactions
I saw West Side Story for about the 3rd time at the Sydney Opera House in late 2019.It was an all Australian production which I enjoyed very much.I really miss 'live theater'.....I am tempted to go and see 'Hamilton' which has had rave reviews,though I don't know how they are going to do 'social distancing' in a theater and now here in Sydney wearing a mask indoors is mandatory.
I'm glad you enjoyed seeing your show. I only ever saw West Side Story once in a High School English class when I was 13 & we were studying Romeo & Juliet & the teacher wanted to give us a bit of a break by showing us something a little bit different rather than seeing the conventional Romeo & Juliet films & reading the book. He was an excellent teacher & chose all of us to play different parts to make it more realistic and interesting for us. I got Juliet.

I hope you get to see live theatre again soon & enjoy whatever play you see.

We're back in lockdown now & might not be out of lockdown until most people/everyone has had the jab & it's had a chance to work.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Happy to announce that I now will be able to see the live production of Hamilton in the next week here in Sydney.I have been looking forward to Hamilton as I have heard great reports about it.Here in Sydney we have come out of out second lock down after 4 long months.I will post my thoughts next week.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Watched the play Medicine online, starring Domhnall Gleeson, it was apparently a critique of the mental health services in the UK. This wasn’t wholly clear while watching it, it was loud, histrionic, the jokes were stale, but the actors and actresses were game…

Horsa

Reactions
Happy to announce that I now will be able to see the live production of Hamilton in the next week here in Sydney.I have been looking forward to Hamilton as I have heard great reports about it.Here in Sydney we have come out of out second lock down after 4 long months.I will post my thoughts next week.
That's great. I hope you enjoy it & look forward to seeing your review.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I just got home from seeing Hamilton on stage,have not seen live theatre for over 2 years due to the pandemic all I can say it was 'magnificent from beginning to end' everyone gave the cast a standing ovation.I need my 'beauty sleep' lol! I will post my thoughts tomorrow,the music was outstanding.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
'Hamilton' is the story of America's Founding Father Alexander Hamilton,a poor immigrant from the West Indies,who rose up from poverty and became George Washington's right hand man during the revolutionary war and became the new nation's first treasury secretary.,he met his death tragically in a duel with the vice president of the United States,Aaron Burr.The music really fitted the 'narrative' of his story which was a mixture of Hip Hop,R&B,Pop and traditional songs.Book,Music and Lyrics were by Lin-Manuel Miranda,which was brillant throughout the musical.Cast were outstanding and were given a standing ovation at the end.
It was one of the best musicals I have seen.....there is nothing like 'live theater'.....I urge anyone to see it.,it gave me a better prospective of early American history.

Horsa

Reactions
I just got home from seeing Hamilton on stage,have not seen live theatre for over 2 years due to the pandemic all I can say it was 'magnificent from beginning to end' everyone gave the cast a standing ovation.I need my 'beauty sleep' lol! I will post my thoughts tomorrow,the music was outstanding.
I'm glad you enjoyed the show & the music was excellent.

Horsa

Reactions
'Hamilton' is the story of America's Founding Father Alexander Hamilton,a poor immigrant from the West Indies,who rose up from poverty and became George Washington's right hand man during the revolutionary war and became the new nation's first treasury secretary.,he met his death tragically in a duel with the vice president of the United States,Aaron Burr.The music really fitted the 'narrative' of his story which was a mixture of Hip Hop,R&B,Pop and traditional songs.Book,Music and Lyrics were by Lin-Manuel Miranda,which was brillant throughout the musical.Cast were outstanding and were given a standing ovation at the end.
It was one of the best musicals I have seen.....there is nothing like 'live theater'.....I urge anyone to see it.,it gave me a better prospective of early American history.
That sounds interesting. Thank you very much for the review.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer