Internazionali BNL d'Italia, Rome, Italy - WTA 1000

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Swiatek now has the longest winning streak on the WTA Tour since Justine Henin in 2008 (32) winning her last eight WTA finals, dropping 28 games total across the eight!

Iga heads to RG...as long as she can stay healthy at present I feel noone can beat her
Remember Iga is 20 years old:) will be turning 21 in a few weeks time

Last edited:
Reactions: the AntiPusher

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Swiatek now has the longest winning streak on the WTA Tour since Justine Henin in 2008 (32) winning her last eight WTA finals, dropping 28 games total across the eight!

Iga heads to RG...as long as she can stay healthy at present I feel noone can beat her
Remember Iga is 20 years old:) will be turning 21 in a few weeks time
As someone said recently obviously it will take someone playing inspired tennis to beat her but I doubt it

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
As someone said recently obviously it will take someone playing inspired tennis to beat her but I doubt it

It could be a combined effort: where she plays consecutive tough matches against some stiff competition. That could soften her up where she then loses in the SF.

I still stand by original posts last month that she needed to lose a match to take some of the pressure off at RG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Congratulations to Veronika Kudermetova and Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova winning the Ladies Doubles title ( playing the 2nd event as a duo) snapping the seven match streak by Madrid champions Dabrowski/Olmos 16 64 (10-7)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
It could be a combined effort: where she plays consecutive tough matches against some stiff competition. That could soften her up where she then loses in the SF.

I still stand by original posts last month that she needed to lose a match to take some of the pressure off at RG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is one player that can defeat Iga and has done so in their past matches, sad to say she is retired Ash Barty :)

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
She has already peaked in Rome,it's very rare to win Rome and RG.I have watched a lot of tennis enough to make this prediction.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
She has already peaked in Rome,it's very rare to win Rome and RG.I have watched a lot of tennis enough to make this prediction.
I dont think Iga has peaked, she took Madrid off to rest and recuperate, it is going to take a 'hell of a player' to defeat her at RG this year Iga has a week off before RG starts,, the current players are no where near her capacity of offense/defense on the clay.

Last edited:

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Is that comparison similar to the Brisbane winner never winning AO?

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I am hoping for a Schiavone like win..RG usually produce surprises.