Internazionali BNL d'Italia, Rome, Italy, ATP Masters 1000

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Federer needs to start racking up some points. He is #14 in the race right now. I was surprised to see who's #2...
He's got a lot of points to defend here in Rome. Number 2 will likely be very short-lived. Murray will almost certainly be #2 going into Paris.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Round of 64 - Results
(10) Milos Raonic DEFEATS (WC) Marco Cecchinato 6/4 4/6 6/4
(11) Richard Gasquet DEFEATS Julien Benneteau 6/3 6/0
(12) David Goffin DEFEATS Leonardo Mayer 2/6 7/6(8) 6/3
(13) Dominic Thiem DEFEATS Alexandr Dolgopolov 6/3 3/6 6/4
Thomaz Bellucci DEFEATS (14) Gael Monfils 6/3 7/6(2)
(16) Kevin Anderson DEFEATS Feliciano Lopez 6/4 7/6(5)
Guillermo Garcia-Lopez DEFEATS Fabio Fognini 6/1 7/6(2)
Ernests Gulbis DEFEATS Ivo Karlovic 6/7(3) 6/2 6/3
Mikhail Kukushkin DEFEATS Borna Coric 7/6(5) 5/7 6/4
Nick Kyrgios DEFEATS Salvatore Caruso 6/1 6/2
Juan Monaco DEFEATS Steve Johnson 6/4 6/4
Benoit Paire DEFEATS Bernard Tomic 1/2 (RET)
Albert Ramos-Vinolas DEFEATS Sam Querrey 6/4 6/4
Andreas Seppi DEFEATS Vasek Pospisil 7/6(5) 7/6(2)
Jack Sock DEFEATS Guido Pella 57/ 7/5 6/3
Joao Sousa DEFEATS Lorenzo Sonego 6/7(5) 6/3 7/5
Viktor Troicki DEFEATS Teymuraz Gabashvili 6/4 6/1
Alexander Zverev DEFEATS Grigor Dimitrov 6/1 6/4

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Sorry for Monfils and Fognini, but happy Trocki won. Our DC team seems looking better. Troicki will play Nishikori tomorrow and I hope he will be inspired.

Looking forward to Raonic vs Kyrgios.

Does anyone know why they started with bottom half? Do they draw that too? It would be logical they always start from top, wouldn't it?

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
This image is deeply sexist. It portrays women as little more than breast-wielders. Women actually have goals and careers. You should find an image of a woman with a huge brain and a math textbook in front of her to off-set the sexism of this tasteless image.

The picture was supposed to portray the draw in Rome which looks exactly like her, not all the women in the world.

Reactions: Moxie

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
The picture was supposed to portray the draw in Rome which looks exactly like her, not all the women in the world.

Don´t worry, I guess Cali´s post was nothing but sarcastic.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Don´t worry, I guess Cali´s post was nothing but sarcastic.
Or evidence of Cali's lack of a sense of humor. Even the women on this forum were able to take that for what it was. Which was neatly balanced with a "bottom-heavy" image. All in good fun.

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
In past, they were quick to point out his injuries, but now no one seem to mention this one.
Carol doesn't accept Rafa's losses very quietly. Personally, I wouldn't take one image as either an excuse for a loss or a portent of injury. As if a player never had a body part looked at by a trainer in a practice session....:unsure:

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
A bit surprised by Gael's loss, but Bellucci can play well on clay. Oh Fabio, you were supposed to play better at home.:nono:

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
So tomorrow we have a mix of 1st and 2nd round matches:

1st round:
Volandri vs Ferrer
Kohlschreiber vs Cervantes
Bautista Agut vs Lorenzi
Cuevas vs Mahut
Chardy vs Dzumhur
Robert vs Bedene

2nd round:
Troicki vs Nishikori
Paire vs Wawrinka
Berdych vs Ramos-Vinolas
Sock vs Goffin
Pouille vs Gulbis
Anderson vs Monaco

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
A bit shocking from Fabio, I agree.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Carol doesn't accept Rafa's losses very quietly. Personally, I wouldn't take one image as either an excuse for a loss or a portent of injury. As if a player never had a body part looked at by a trainer in a practice session....:unsure:

I accept Rafa's losses but before to 'accuser' I should show you more pictures about it and maybe you would think in different way :negative:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I accept Rafa's losses but before to 'accuser' I should show you more pictures about it and maybe you would think in different way :negative:
Carol, as one Rafa fan to another, can I point out to you that searching for excuses for losses is not necessarily a good look, and doesn't really benefit Nadal or the rest of us fans? Particularly on the forums. I didn't see the match on Sat., but given how badly Murray beat Rafa last year in Madrid, I can only think the results were an improvement. Madrid isn't the most felicitous place for Nadal on clay, so give it up. Rafa lost. Rome is a great environment for Rafa's game, and tomorrow is another day. Embrace the next.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Carol, as one Rafa fan to another, can I point out to you that searching for excuses for losses is not necessarily a good look, and doesn't really benefit Nadal or the rest of us fans? Particularly on the forums. I didn't see the match on Sat., but given how badly Murray beat Rafa last year in Madrid, I can only think the results were an improvement. Madrid isn't the most felicitous place for Nadal on clay, so give it up. Rafa lost. Rome is a great environment for Rafa's game, and tomorrow is another day. Embrace the next.
Rafa last year played awful and without any injury, do you know that? but what I've read through a good source it doesn't look good. If you think it doesn't look good what I say then I can't do anything about it, just try to ignore what I've said