Carol: "El Dude hates Rafa."
Moxie: "I haven't seen it."
El Dude: "No, I don't."
Carol: "Moxie, believe me, I know what I'm talking about."

Carol = Donald Trump? "People are telling me..."

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
There we go! A bit of fresh air. Good on ya, Dude. We're all a bit prejudiced, and inclined to see the enemy camp as a solid group. But that's not so.

I also don't see why anyone would detest certain players, or would prefer to see them out of the game. I get very frustrated with Grigor Dimitrov, for one. He has a lovely game, but I don't appreciate his commitment to the level he might reach. Stan is another one who makes me mad because he can be astonishingly good, and then he can just tank. 2 examples.

I get dislike or annoyance, I don't get hate. I dislike/am annoyed by Andy Murray, because I find him to be petulant and whiny. I don't dislike Rafa r any other player, except when they are beating Roger.

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I get dislike or annoyance, I don't get hate. I dislike/am annoyed by Andy Murray, because I find him to be petulant and whiny. I don't dislike Rafa r any other player, except when they are beating Roger.
There. Now that's honest. And if we can all agree that we're some percentage not fair to each other in the Fedal wars, we could be 75% of the way to all being more generous in the conversation about it. :yesyes::smooch:

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Come on, Moxie, you're in danger of dissolving the Fedal Wars...stop being so reasonable!

Haha, yeah right.

But I agree, with the caveat that some are more or less fair than others.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Come on, Moxie, you're in danger of dissolving the Fedal Wars...stop being so reasonable!

Haha, yeah right.

But I agree, with the caveat that some are more or less fair than others.
There is no danger of dissolving the Fedal Wars. I have long said that this argument will last far past their sell-by dates. They are one of the great sports rivalries, whether folks like it or not. And they've sort of proved it this year.

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
It's time for Djoker to finally destroy someone allowing just couple of games and my gut feeling is, it may be Bautista.

I wish Fabio repeats his magical play from the Murray match and dispatch young Russian back to Germany.

Horrible matchups for Americans who play Nadal, Thiem and Wawrinka.

I think Goffin and Berdych will beat Cilic and Raonic respectively.

I have no idea about Nishikori and Del Potro's form.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
You know why they don't like Ralph. Wear it as a badge of honor.

Yes y'all know why I don't like Nads, but I'm sure it is just about him beating Fed. Just remember I don't like Ferrer either even though he is a free win for Rodge

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
It's time for Djoker to finally destroy someone allowing just couple of games and my gut feeling is, it may be Bautista.

I wish Fabio repeats his magical play from the Murray match and dispatch young Russian back to Germany.

Horrible matchups for Americans who play Nadal, Thiem and Wawrinka.

I think Goffin and Berdych will beat Cilic and Raonic respectively.

I have no idea about Nishikori and Del Potro's form.

A convincing win over a solid player would be big for him but I'm not expecting it. Given what we've seen this is a toss up at best for Nole

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yes y'all know why I don't like Nads, but I'm sure it is just about him beating Fed. Just remember I don't like Ferrer either even though he is a free win for Rodge
Your point?

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
My point is you're making a faulty assumption on a broad group of people. But I won't go all Carol and get too defensive :)

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
My point is you're making a faulty assumption on a broad group of people. But I won't go all Carol and get too defensive :)
All right, fair, because that's what we've been talking about and trying to dispel. So why, then, pray tell, do you dislike Nadal and Ferrer so deeply? I really would love to know and stop assuming.

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I have a hard time seeing Novak making it out of his quarter - if RBA doesn't beat him, I think Glassikori or Del Broko will.

That said, if Novak makes it through, he'll have beaten some good players and likely be in good form to at least challenge Rafa/Thiem.

What I hope to see are SFs of del Potro-Thiem and Zverev-Goffin. Wishful thinking, I know.

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Almagro and Verdasco?! What is this, 2010?

Seriously though, Almagro's last good year was 2013, and Verdasco peaked in 2009-10.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Almagro and Verdasco?! What is this, 2010?

Seriously though, Almagro's last good year was 2013, and Verdasco peaked in 2009-10.
His only point was AOBR. (Anyone but Rafa.) Realistically, though, sorry for Almagro who really tweaked his knee today and may not be able to play RG. And he really was back to playing to some good tennis, before this.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Milos played one of his best matches I have ever seen. He was clinical. Great job!