Internazionali BNL d'Italia- Rome ATP1000 - 14th May to 21st May

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Even all the s^&t that DarthFed talks about Rafa I think he likes him more than El Dude :D and at least he makes me laugh :lulz1:

Last edited:
Reactions: the AntiPusher

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Order of Play - Thursday

aXZKrc3.png

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
All due respect El Dude..You have got to be the most negative so called Rafa fan it is, (you are like Donald Trump masquerading at times like he is a republican but all his values and beliefs are really that of a Democrat). I am gonna ask Miss Carol if we can find you another 2nd favorite player(how about Krygrios on grass, Dimitrov on the hardcourts and PCB on clay.. )

This is just weird? First of all, I can't remember saying Rafa was my second favorite player - he isn't. That said, I do like to watch him because he's one of the greatest tennis players in the history of the sport.

Secondly, as Moxie said, I have no idea how what I said was negative in any way. Actually, I was pointing out an amazing fact - that Rafa hasn't fallen out of the top 10 in over twelve years now. That's pretty impressive, don't you think?

Or are you reacting to my speculation that he might not be the top Spanish player in "another year or two?" Given that Rafa is 31 in a couple weeks, is that negative to think that he might not be the top Spanish player at age 32 or 33?

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Should be able to watch Fabio/Zverev.

RBA/Djokovic is going to be interesting one here - the way Djoker is playing right now, you've got to give RBA a good shot.

Nadal/Sock playing the late one.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Should be able to watch Fabio/Zverev.

RBA/Djokovic is going to be interesting one here - the way Djoker is playing right now, you've got to give RBA a good shot.

Nadal/Sock playing the late one.
All of those matches could be good. Fabio could get Zverev, and the crowd will be mad for it. Flavia could give F3 the hook at any moment, and that seems to have left him to fly free, which is when his is the most dangerous. Novak struggled against a qualifier last round, and RBA will likely give him trouble, though I don't see this as the upset. It will be interesting to see if Djoker finds a new gear for this one. Likewise, I don't see Sock as upsetting Rafa, but he's playing very well, has a big serve, and he's a great doubles player, so he can cover the net...if he doesn't get passed too often.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yeah, I don't see Sock springing a shock either. I think Fabio/Zverev is close to call. RBA and Djoker largely depends on what type Djoker shows up.... based on this year, then it's a live match for sure.

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I would favor Rabio over Sascha on clay, at least in Rome. If Zverev wins, it will be a clay mini breakthrough. I don't expect Sock to trouble Rafa much. RBA and Novak could be interesting...I could see it going either way.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Even all the s^&t that DarthFed talks about Rafa I think he likes him more than El Dude :D and at least he mades me laugh :lulz1:
Um, I'm pretty sure that I can guarantee you that Darth doesn't like Rafa more than El Dude. Darth hates Rafa more than a snake hates a mongoose. I don't know why you and AP have take against His Dudiness. He's a Fed man, no doubt. And he can be a bit of a snake-in-the-grass about it, but he does appreciate the tennis. Darth, never.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yeah, I don't see Sock springing a shock either. I think Fabio/Zverev is close to call. RBA and Djoker largely depends on what type Djoker shows up.... based on this year, then it's a live match for sure.
If RBA plays a barn-burner, and Djokovic is as techy as he has been, he could score the upset. I think it will go 3, and Novak will manage the win. Meanwhile, opportunities up on the top half of the draw. Stan's going to feel like he ought to come through, there.

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Snake in the grass? Moi? Moxie knows me too well ;-).

I honestly don't get why some fans detest certain players. I get finding them annoying, or being frustrated by them. I find Andy's petulance or Novak's former shirt-ripping to be annoying (thank god he's done with that, although if he wins big again I could see him doing it for old time's sake). I also find Rafa's attrition style frustrating, because it has done so much damage to Roger. But I respect these guys for their amazing play, and their sportsmanship - well, Rafa and Novak, at least.

Some of their fans? Not so much ;). But some Fed fans can be annoying to. But we find it easier to forgive our fellow fans, just as some Rafa fans circle the wagons around Carol even when she is being completely over the top, and some of us Fedfans turn a blind eye to the worst of Front's vitriol.

Reactions: Moxie

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

I honestly don't get why some fans detest certain players. I get finding them annoying, or being frustrated by them. I find Andy's petulance or Novak's former shirt-ripping to be annoying (thank god he's done with that, although if he wins big again I could see him doing it for old time's sake). I also find Rafa's attrition style frustrating, because it has done so much damage to Roger. But I respect these guys for their amazing play, and their sportsmanship - well, Rafa and Novak, at least.

Some of their fans? Not so much ;). But some Fed fans can be annoying to. But we find it easier to forgive our fellow fans, just as some Rafa fans circle the wagons around Carol even when she is being completely over the top, and some of us Fedfans turn a blind eye to the worst of Front's vitriol.

The big difference is that I'm not trying to provoke constantly but I respond to those provocations

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Um, I'm pretty sure that I can guarantee you that Darth doesn't like Rafa more than El Dude. Darth hates Rafa more than a snake hates a mongoose. I don't know why you and AP have take against His Dudiness. He's a Fed man, no doubt. And he can be a bit of a snake-in-the-grass about it, but he does appreciate the tennis. Darth, never.

Moxie, I know what I'm talking about but it's not worth to continue with this, to each his own

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
El dude stated a few weeks ago that Rafa is his 2nd player to watch
El Dude, He aight:)

Reactions: Moxie

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions

"Some fed fans can be annoying too"

Drop the e in the word some and add a capital T

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions

"I honestly don't know some certain fans dislike certain players"

Well since you are a self proclaimed Fed fan, not that's its anything wrong with that " ..you should begin with your fellow Fed Fannies, ask them why they no likey Ralphy

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Many players are complaining about the bad conditions of these surfaces, like a field of potatoes. MC had the same problem before but they fixed it. It's no good for the legs/knees of the players

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

There we go! A bit of fresh air. Good on ya, Dude. We're all a bit prejudiced, and inclined to see the enemy camp as a solid group. But that's not so.

I also don't see why anyone would detest certain players, or would prefer to see them out of the game. I get very frustrated with Grigor Dimitrov, for one. He has a lovely game, but I don't appreciate his commitment to the level he might reach. Stan is another one who makes me mad because he can be astonishingly good, and then he can just tank. 2 examples.

Reactions: El Dude

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
"I honestly don't know some certain fans dislike certain players"

Well since you are a self proclaimed Fed fan, not that's its anything wrong with that " ..you should begin with your fellow Fed Fannies, ask them why they no likey Ralphy

You know why they don't like Ralph. Wear it as a badge of honor.