Internazionali BNL d'Italia - Rome ATP Masters 1000, 2019

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Some interesting matches tomorrow:

Medvedev v. Kyrgios...usual question: Is Nick going to be content to show up in a European capital, only to go down in his first match?

Kohlscreiber v. Cecchinatto

Goffin v. Wawrinka

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

Medvedev v. Kyrgios...usual question: Is Nick going to be content to show up in a European capital, only to go down in his first match?

Goffin v. Wawrinka

I think Medvedev will spank Kyrgios. Not only is this not Nick's best surface, but Medvedev is playing at a consistently high level.

What's up with Goffin? He seemed to have reached a new level at the end of 2017 when he beat Roger at the WTF, but then has really struggled since.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I think Medvedev will spank Kyrgios. Not only is this not Nick's best surface, but Medvedev is playing at a consistently high level.

What's up with Goffin? He seemed to have reached a new level at the end of 2017 when he beat Roger at the WTF, but then has really struggled since.

Goffin's yet another player that has to "red-line" to remain even relevant! He has no real weapon and can be toppled by just about ANYONE in the top 100! I mentioned Steve Johnson in that vein yesterday! It's not going to get the job done for very long! They'll disappear just as fast as they make a name for themselves with a couple big wins! Better players have fallen by the wayside; Pouille one of them who beat Nadal at the USO! Where is he? He had a lot of game, but it's the mental side of things that keep Fedalovic rising about the fray even though aging and breaking down! All 3 of them have taken significant time off the tour only to get back to #1 with little opposition outside of each other! That was unheard of in past eras! Once you lost it, you never got back to the top rung again!:whistle: :nono: :facepalm: :banghead: :cuckoo: :eek: :rolleyes:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

He's had more injury issues, aside from the run of bad luck prior. The ranking drops. He's not a big guy, so he faces tougher players in early rounds. I don't know where you put him in your categories, but he's rather like a Kohlscreiber: clever, wiley, tricky game, but there are so many that can out-blast him. And now he's going to get passed by the youngsters. If Stan is still questionable, he might get beaten tomorrow, but I think Stan has stepped up his game.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions

Goffin v. Wawrinka

I pick Med, Kohl and Man.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Seems like Pella went out of steam. (F)ritz crackers were too hard to swallow today.

Reactions: tented

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
McFly has an excellent return and a sensational BH. That's what made him part of the conversation when he was in the top 10. It seems like he's getting his timing back after being injured.

Reactions: don_fabio

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

Really? Kyrgios made quick work of Med even though it went 3! Nick actually toyed with the guy & finished him off with 4 aces! :whistle: :facepalm: :rolleyes:

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
The faves are dropping like flies! No lead is safe & multiple match pts enough! Tiafoe was in complete control with MP's, but lost too! :facepalm:
Tiafoe seems to have lots of ups and downs within a match.

Reactions: Fiero425