[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By7GzlZBd-s[/video]

pavlik89

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv40tzmkuoQ[/video]

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
Fed vs Zverev. Former number one vs future number one. Zverev can win this if he doesn't succumb to nerves.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
10isfan said:
Fed vs Zverev. Former number one vs future number one. Zverev can win this if he doesn't succumb to nerves.

Tough one for Roger having played so little since the AO but he likes to show the young guys he's not so old yet and teach them a trick or two. Remember how he schooled Dimitrov when he first came on the scene. Quickly put that baby Fed nonsense to bed. Speaking of which, that dope lost in 1 hour 7 mins to Zverev. Fairly pitiful and pretty much certain we can forget abut Dimitrov at this stage. Federer has a hard time these days against big hitters, especially on clay (as does Nadal) but his variety usually proves too much for them unless they have a very strong error free day at the office.

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
As much as I would love seeing Fed win a few rounds, I have little hope he can. In my mind, he is not a factor here or in Paris given his knee, back, and rust. It would be interesting to see Zverev vs Thiem who I predict will have a career-long rivalry.

Disappointed yet again with Monfils. Surprised Gulbis won after such a long slump. Both are a big waste of talent.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah, surprised Gulbis won as well and will be even more surprised if he can do it again. Agree 100% total waste of talent :nono

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Disappointment implies expectation. Why is anyone expecting anything from Monfils at this point?

As for Dimitrov, I don't know if anyone was expecting "dominance," at least not 2-3 years ago, but many--including myself--thought he could put it all together and win two or three Slams. That ship has sailed.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
With today's loss, Grigor has lost his place as a seeded player and becomes eligible to draw Novak in first round. :devil

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Tignor has spoken . For the record, he correctly picked Novak in Madrid.

I mostly agree with his semifinalist picks except for Thiem.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Tignor has spoken . For the record, he correctly picked Novak in Madrid.

I mostly agree with his semifinalist picks except for Thiem.

Its about time the Tignor jinx to resurface again but I doubt it

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
herios said:
Having all the shots in the book does not make a champion. I keep hearing this forever. One player does not need to have them all, but know to capitalize and use efficiently on what he has got in his arsenal.
Grigor has always had a submissive positioning on the court. That is simply bad strategy.
He is not a good enough counter puncher like Andy Murray is. And Murray also had the better results in his career when he stayed on the baseline and not 10 metres behind the baseline.
I could go on, but I will stop here. Folks just got simply carried away, that is all.

Herios, the reasons you gave above are good reasons why Dimitrov is not a champion, not that he will never become one. Bad positioning and bad strategy are easier to fix than lack of talent.

Most landscape changes in this century came without warning. The last big one (Djokovic) is obvious, even a small one like Wawrinka, or even yet surprise wins like Cilic.

I guess that no one is beting on Dimitrov any more, and that´s fair. But, apart from maybe one name or another, he is as good as anyone else in the top 50 for the next big thing. A bit ahead of some, on talent alone, for the reason I gave on the first paragraph.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Robert, Mahut, Berdych, Kholi won

pavlik89

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvbpM4xWFqs[/video]

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
10isfan said:
As much as I would love seeing Fed win a few rounds, I have little hope he can. In my mind, he is not a factor here or in Paris given his knee, back, and rust. It would be interesting to see Zverev vs Thiem who I predict will have a career-long rivalry.

Disappointed yet again with Monfils. Surprised Gulbis won after such a long slump. Both are a big waste of talent.

Was that match cancelled?
Oops I meant why Tsonga -Gulbis was cancelled?

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Carol35 said:
10isfan said:

I think Tsonga withdrew due to injuries.

pavlik89

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaAhGkenQM8[/video]

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Carol35 said:
10isfan said:

I think Tsonga withdrew due to injuries.

Poor Tsonga, injury by injury, pity

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I've read that Roger maybe is going to withdraw, again? :huh:

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Going out on a limb and betting on Joao Sousa to upset Dominic Thiem. Joao played well against Rafa and Thiem is seems a bit worn down after so many tourneys.

Fed and Zverev will be facing off at 7AM my time. That could be the match of the day.