Internazionali BNL d'Italia Rome ATP Master

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Now, Andy has not won only the following three Masters: IW, MC and Bercy.

He has reached the finals of each one of them though.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Obviously Muzz had a good clinic practicing with Nadal in Mallorca. Now is Nadal's turn to go back to be the greatest :cool:

Busted

Major Winner
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Today's loss by Novak has at least three asterisks.

* Nole was softened by Rafa and Kei with two tough back to back matches.

** Nole injured his ankle yesterday trying to get dirt off of it.

*** It was raining and so Novak did not give his all to make sure that he does not get injured trying to win this Rome trophy. After all RG is more important.

As several commentators have noted - the only way some of these other guys are going to take out the top players is for several players in a row to give them tough matches. Murray had no one in his half of the draw and didn't have to work at all. When your toughest match is 6-1, 7-5 win over 12th seeded David Goffin - you're not exactly going to be too pooped to play Djokovic, who had to play #5 Nadal and #6 Nishikori - and if Fed hadn't gone out early, probably Fed instead of Nishikori. Murray's coasting with easy draws right now. Should be more of the same for him at the French.

Anyway I didn't watch the match, but congrats to Murray on his yearly win over Djokovic. Next up - if Roger ever gets over his latest setback - Murray will try to beat a debilitated Roger Federer for the first time since the 2013 Aussie Open - over 3 years ago. Goals, people. Everyone needs goals.

BTW - Now that Nole has lost 3 times already this year, is it time to ask, "What wrong with Djokovic?" You know that sooner or later some stupid talking head is going to say that.

Mile

Masters Champion
Reactions
Djoker serve was particulary bad. I was more sure he gets more points on opponenet serve than his own.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I don't think this changes anything Djokovic, Nadal, and Murray in that order for RG. You better believe though that Djokovic will throw everything in the ring for that RG title, and in a best of 5, everything slides toward favoring him. Best of 3 format is a crap shoot for any of the Big 4 as they can all be easily taken out in a best of three with the right opponent. However, I doubt anyone can take Djokovic out that easily in a best of 5 scenario. If Djokovic is in the RG final and Murray on the other side, I doubt he will ever want to concede and let Murray win the only one he doesn't have before he wins it.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Djokovic's mood was terrible..French open pressure messing with his head I suppose.

but andy wins the historic rome masters on his burfdayy. and gets a trophy and a cake,

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
See I don't think he was feeling pressure. I think that will change as we get to the French, but I think overall his mood has been ehh here anyway and two back to back tough matches in Nadal and Nishi probably did him no favors in improving it. We will see what the draw holds. I am sure Djokovic is like hopefully the draw gods want to brutalize Murray after the literal cakewalk Murray had in getting to the final here he couldn't have asked to have it better. I think the only person who had an easier Rome was Pouille.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Carol35 said:
Front242 said:
Puppet Master said:
How can anyone have this man as his favourite player, is beyond me.
HOW? His shots are ugly most of the time, but it's not what provoked me this time.
He blatantly faked an injury in front of everyone, he was holding his lower back in pain during the first set and suddenly started playing his heart out and barely won the match. Kei even returned better than him in this match but it's all in the head. Oh how I would like to see Stan or Rafa make him cry in an RG final again, boy oh boy. You can fake an injury all day long, a superior player won't fall for it.

Wimbledon 2010 ring any bells? Matches against Haase and Petzschner when Nadal was losing he used dirty, scheming MTOs to break his opponents' rhythm in each match and, guess what, it worked. He went on to win the title. Horribly bad injury no doubt. Pretty hilarious reading a Nadal fan complain about players faking injuries lol. :cover

Hey, you who supposedly 'knows' everyone, when they are or not injured etc etc....can you tell me why your dearest Roger since his surgery is changing his mind so many times? 'I play now, I don't, now yes. now don't '. I've never seen something so absurd like that, he should pick up better his mind :rolleyes:

You said above you've never seen something so absurd yet here in this quote below you said he's not fit. Which is it 'cos they 100% contradict themselves, your 2 posts ? :s Btw, why exactly do you think he keeps changing his mind when he played Rome? You said a knee problem isn't gone after 4 months and yet you're questioning him pulling out of tournaments after barely over 2 months. Okkkkaaaay. :cover Anyway, his knee is fine and the recent issue was his back not his knee.

http://www.tennisfrontier.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=4628&pid=229967#pid229967

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Front242 said:
Carol35 said:
Front242 said:
Wimbledon 2010 ring any bells? Matches against Haase and Petzschner when Nadal was losing he used dirty, scheming MTOs to break his opponents' rhythm in each match and, guess what, it worked. He went on to win the title. Horribly bad injury no doubt. Pretty hilarious reading a Nadal fan complain about players faking injuries lol. :cover

Hey, you who supposedly 'knows' everyone, when they are or not injured etc etc....can you tell me why your dearest Roger since his surgery is changing his mind so many times? 'I play now, I don't, now yes. now don't '. I've never seen something so absurd like that, he should pick up better his mind :rolleyes:

You said above you've never seen something so absurd yet here in this quote below you said he's not fit. Which is it 'cos they 100% contradict themselves, your 2 posts ? :s Btw, why exactly do you think he keeps changing his mind when he played Rome? You said a knee problem isn't gone after 4 months and yet you're questioning him pulling out of tournaments after barely over 2 months. Okkkkaaaay. :cover Anyway, his knee is fine and the recent issue was his back not his knee.

http://www.tennisfrontier.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=4628&pid=229967#pid229967

So you are telling me that after a knee surgery PLUS the recent issue was his back he still is thinking to play or not, to be or not to be? ok....:cover I can tell you from now that he is not fitted but he probably has his 'reasons' to schedule in every clay tournament......whatever :huh:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Carol35 said:
Front242 said:
Carol35 said:

So you are telling me that after a knee surgery PLUS the recent issue was his back he still is thinking to play or not, to be or not to be? ok....:cover I can tell you from now that he is not fitted but he probably has his 'reasons' to schedule in every clay tournament......whatever :huh:

No that's not what I'm saying. What I'm asking you is why you think all of this is "absurd" ? His reason for skipping Madrid was his back was hurt but he played Rome. There's nothing more to it and it's hardly absurd.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Front242 said:
Carol35 said:
Front242 said:

No that's not what I'm saying. What I'm asking you is why you think all of this is "absurd" ? His reason for skipping Madrid was his back was hurt but he played Rome. There's nothing more to it and it's hardly absurd.

Because after his surgery he said that he went to play in IW, then in Miami, then in Madrid, then in Roma (alleluia, he played) and later he said not to be sure if he would play RG.....come on!
The last new is that his is going to Paris, to practice n that court to see how his back responds and then he and Paganini will evaluate his condition. He is practicing in Switzerland and he must to know for now......:huh:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Carol35 said:
Front242 said:
Carol35 said:

Because after his surgery he said that he went to play in IW, then in Miami, then in Madrid, then in Roma (alleluia, he played) and later he said not to be sure if he would play RG.....come on!

You said yourself you need 4 months to come back after knee surgery. IW and Miami was a matter of a few weeks only. Before Madrid he was perfectly fine and hurt his back training and since he's already had back issues in the past he very wisely didn't play while injured and make it worse and therefore skipped Madrid. Nothing at all absurd there. Absurd would have been if he'd played all the tournaments you listed.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Front242 said:
Carol35 said:
Front242 said:

You said yourself you need 4 months to come back after knee surgery. IW and Miami was a matter of a few weeks only. Before Madrid he was perfectly fine and hurt his back training and since he's already had back issues in the past he very wisely didn't play while injured and make it worse and therefore skipped Madrid. Nothing at all absurd there. Absurd would have been if he'd played all the tournaments you
listed.

My bad, after a surgery everybody needs at least 6 months even if they are not profesional athletes, so imagine if they are

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Carol35 said:
Front242 said:
Carol35 said:

You said yourself you need 4 months to come back after knee surgery. IW and Miami was a matter of a few weeks only. Before Madrid he was perfectly fine and hurt his back training and since he's already had back issues in the past he very wisely didn't play while injured and make it worse and therefore skipped Madrid. Nothing at all absurd there. Absurd would have been if he'd played all the tournaments you
listed.

My bad, after a surgery everybody needs at least 6 months even if they are not profesional athletes, so imagine if they are

It's completely dependent on the surgery as minor operations these days don't need long recovery times. He genuinely looked to be moving and playing well on his return and was just unlucky he hurt his back in training but he's clever enough to not play through it and makes things worse. Still has a week now also to heal up better.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:
Carol35 said:
Front242 said:
listed.

It's completely dependent on the surgery as minor operations these days don't need long recovery times. He genuinely looked to be moving and playing well on his return and was just unlucky he hurt his back in training but he's clever enough to not play through it and makes things worse. Still has a week now also to heal up better.

I see "Doc" Front still thinks that Fed only has a temporary back problem..:nono

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Front242 said:
Carol35 said:

I see "Doc" Front still thinks that Fed only has a temporary back problem..:nono

I see you spamming the same post on 2 threads and yes I do think it's only temporary. He has a week to recover before RG starts. Beating Zverev is no easy task and he managed that. Beating two young guys who hit with a lot of power and angles is not an easy opening two matches.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Zverev had match point against Nadal and blew it badly and Thiem has beaten Nadal this year. No one questioned Nadal having any back problem. Federer had the opposite result, he beat Zverev and lost to Thiem who beat Nadal so it must be his back. Makes sense. Those 2 players are tough guys to be up against on the surface on tour that is perfect for big hitters. It was always gonna be two tough matches and even more so since he hasn't played much this year. And yes, I think he'll be fine soon.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Congrats to KingMuzza who doesn't need any coach to play well and beat a tired nole

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:
Zverev had match point against Nadal and blew it badly and Thiem has beaten Nadal this year. No one questioned Nadal having any back problem. Federer had the opposite result, he beat Zverev and lost to Thiem who beat Nadal so it must be his back. Makes sense. Those 2 players are tough guys to be up against on the surface on tour that is perfect for big hitters. It was always gonna be two tough matches and even more so since he hasn't played much this year. And yes, I think he'll be fine soon.

If Federer doesnt play will you finally admit that you are not a Physican, Physio or MD.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Front242 said:

If Federer doesnt play will you finally admit that you are not a Physican, Physio or MD.

Already did. I'm an investment banker and none of the above. Wimbledon is the important tournament anyway. Seems he may not play RG anyway which sucks but nothing confirmed 100% for now.

http://www.tennisworldusa.org/According-to-Swiss-Media-Roger-Federer-will-not-play-the-French-Open-articolo32857.html