Har-Tru courts comfortable for playing?

J

Jeremy25

Hey all,

Recently, I read about Har-Tru courts. It says that Har-Tru courts have many characteristics and health benefits.

Some of the benefits they listed was:
1.More flexible
2.Shock absorbing surface
3.Eases stress on feet and legs.

But it is also said that these courts require daily maintenance. Has anyone played in Har-Tru courts? If you have, can you please share your experience?

We are planning to construct a tennis court in our residency. I have heard of a tennis court construction company. It was suggested by one of my friends. So, before I contact the tennis court construction company in Mississauga, I would like to know your suggestions.

Need to construct a tennis court which lasts longer and which makes it comfortable for playing. Hope to get some expert advice.

Thanks in advance

N

Nekro

hi, where i live there's red clay everywhere but I've read lots of places that Har-tru is great to play on but is very expensive to maintain....

There was a very good thread on tw about this, lots of input from lots of people: https://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php?threads/hard-vs-clay-courts.554042/

"All it comes down to is cost. I am a director of a private tennis club where we have 4 Har Tru courts and 10 Hard courts. Between, labor, materials, and water each Har Tru court costs about $20,000 annually (we get tons of play on ours, people love them...hence the need for continual and accelerated maintenance). Where, all of the 10 Hard courts combined, cost about $1,000 annually when you use the sinilar metrics of labor to blow them off each morning, and washing once a month (barring resurfacing or repairs, which occur every 5-7 years)."

Here's a good read about red clay vs har-tru: https://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php?threads/red-clay-vs-green-clay.97286/

A good point here which shows why it's more of a pain to maintain har-tru:

"You are probably right but it also seems as though the base under the crushed brick top surface is very hard compared to har tru. If you kick your heel into har tru it will make a significant dent...this is not the case with red clay courts."

BTW i'm from eartern europe where clubs don't have too much money, and we have red clay everywhere...... In italy there's more money but still there's red clay everywhere.... It's cheap, not too hard to maintain and good for your body and your equipment....