God of Cricket Retires

tennisville

Major Winner
Reactions
74 in his last test innings (I dont think he will bat again as we should win this by an innings )

ashwin#1

Club Member
Reactions
It was a strokeful 74 !! i'd rather take a strokeful 74 than a scratchy 100.. :)

anyway, since i am from india, cricket has been almost like my religion..I remember my childhood days when i used to play cricket with my brother & fight with him because i'd always want to be tendulkar ( role-play )..Today when i saw the last wicket fall ( brilliant delivery btw.. :) ) & the celebrations & the speech afterwards, i realised how much i am gonna miss sachin.. I am not ashamed to admit, but his final speech really made me very emotional.. :(
i dunno how long it would take me to get over the fact that Sachin Tendulkar won't be playing anymore & i hope i don't get this emotional when Roger Federer retires. :( :)

I liked this article very much ( by steve tignor of tennis.com ) :

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/11/gods-and-humans/49792/#.Uoec79J8nnh

ashwin#1

Club Member
Reactions
forgot to mention it, but yesterday, sachin tendulkar was awarded the Bharat ratna award ( highest civilian award) :)

tennisville

Major Winner
Reactions
ashwin#1 said:
It was a strokeful 74 !! i'd rather take a strokeful 74 than a scratchy 100.. :)

anyway, since i am from india, cricket has been almost like my religion..I remember my childhood days when i used to play cricket with my brother & fight with him because i'd always want to be tendulkar ( role-play )..Today when i saw the last wicket fall ( brilliant delivery btw.. :) ) & the celebrations & the speech afterwards, i realised how much i am gonna miss sachin.. I am not ashamed to admit, but his final speech really made me very emotional.. :(
i dunno how long it would take me to get over the fact that Sachin Tendulkar won't be playing anymore & i hope i don't get this emotional when Roger Federer retires. :( :)

I liked this article very much ( by steve tignor of tennis.com ) :

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/11/gods-and-humans/49792/#.Uoec79J8nnh

That speech touched me as well. I never ever remember Cricket without tendulkar because he was part of the main team before I was born. This series against South Africa now will be strange but I hope the youngsters learn from it and do well there

It will be so awesome if they manage to draw the test series (winning looks tough right now) I am really excited to see how Shikar,Pujara and Rohit play against the likes of Steyn and Co, especially Pujara

Bharat Ratna is deserved

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Tendulkars 74 was very smooth, he could really relax with the pressure off knowing he was about to retire.

he has been a bit rubbish recently and really should have retired after winning the wc in march 2011, or at the latest after the tour of England a few months later,

its been painful watching him scratch around and getting low scores.

still 200 tests..51 test and 49 odi hundreds later, 24years 1day after his debut, its all over.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
britbox Other Sports 2
T Other Sports 132