General News Snippets from the Tour

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
That's a nice idea. I also think britbox should use your post for his travelogue on Gstaad next year. :good::cheerleader:

Reactions: britbox

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Paire beat Lajovic in 5 sets and went to press conference with a bottle of beer. I wanted to share because I've never heard of anything like that, but I like the idea.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Beer is very good for replacing fluids and salts. Give the guy props for style.

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Beer is very good for replacing fluids and salts. Give the guy props for style.

I actually liked he did it. We hear too much about healthy food, GF, vegan and whatever else other tennis players eat hoping they will become ubermenschen or whatever. This was a refreshing news.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I actually liked he did it. We hear too much about healthy food, GF, vegan and whatever else other tennis players eat hoping they will become ubermenschen or whatever. This was a refreshing news.
Very French, perhaps. Just go back to the basics. A restorative beer. Like the difference between a power bar and a Snickers bar, which is essentially the same thing. Snickers sponsored a lot of marathons, in the old days. Sugar for short term energy and peanuts for the long run. Simple. People get crazy with vitamin waters and energy bars and spend money on them like idiots. Another option is: eat well, drink water, chomp a Snickers bar when you're working out long, and drink a beer after, to restore salts, potassium and to feel good about your win. Boom!

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Very French, perhaps. Just go back to the basics. A restorative beer. Like the difference between a power bar and a Snickers bar, which is essentially the same thing. Snickers sponsored a lot of marathons, in the old days. Sugar for short term energy and peanuts for the long run. Simple. People get crazy with vitamin waters and energy bars and spend money on them like idiots. Another option is: eat well, drink water, chomp a Snickers bar when you're working out long, and drink a beer after, to restore salts, potassium and to feel good about your win. Boom!

Snickers Bars used to be called Marathon Bars in the UK, back in the day.

marathon.jpg

Reactions: JesuslookslikeBorg

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
marathon..tasty peanuts. bite after bite. marathon. (cue a bar still in wrapper slicing itself into slices).

del potro is playing shanghai ?..good news. get that ranking up. still around 140.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Tomic fined $10,000 for U.S. Open outburst at heckler

r

Bernard Tomic was sent packing early at the U.S. Open and his minimal earnings were offset by a $10,000 (7,532.30 pounds) fine levied on him for a crude on-court outburst he directed at a heckler during his first-round loss.

The Australian, angered by a heckler in the stands during his upset loss to world number 72 Damir Dzumhur on Tuesday, was caught on camera directing a number of sexually explicit comments toward someone in the crowd.

Full Story: http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-tennis-open-tomic-idUKKCN11765V
----

Bernie strikes again.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Tomic is a ridiculous brat. He brags a lot about his earnings but he's squandering a lot of them in fines. And early round exits.

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
You probably wondered what was going on with No1e in last 3 months or so. Besides other things, he was filming reality show. You guess right the show is called Novak and it will be available on Amazon Prime to watch in Japan, UK and USA

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
You probably wondered what was going on with No1e in last 3 months or so. Besides other things, he was filming reality show. You guess right the show is called Novak and it will be available on Amazon Prime to watch in Japan, UK and USA
That explains the seeming distraction, and sounds like excellent news for the competition.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions

Gee...he was not filming anything and it won't start till next year. Leave it to you to over-react with this news. I've known for a while that he would end up in the movie business. :lol3:

Here is more about it:

Novak Djokovic, the world’s No. 1 ranked tennis player, will be the subject of a new docuseries coming to Amazon, the streaming service announced Friday.

Djokovic developed the concept with Alberto Scarpetta to offer “an unprecedented inside look into the life of a tennis legend” throughout the 2017 season. The series will highlight the athlete’s professional life, mental and fitness routines, health and food habits, and charitable work, among other aspects.

“Passion, perseverance, commitment, and self-awareness are key elements of a champion, but these are impossible to maintain without strong support around you,” Djokovic said in a statement. “I am fortunate to have the support of both a caring family and a strong team working with me. My fans have been suffering and celebrating with me from the very beginning of my career on the tennis courts and now I want to share with them all my daily life and what’s important to me — my values, my beliefs, and my habits — and also introduce to them all the amazing people that are always next to me.”

Over the course of his career, Djokovic has won 12 Grand Slam singles titles, six Australian Open titles, three Wimbledon titles, two U.S. Open titles, and one French Open title.

This is the latest get for Amazon’s original programming, which also includes a reboot of The Tick, a Jack Ryan series starring John Krasinski, and a docuseries about Playboy mogul Hugh Hefner.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/09/09/novak-djokovic-tennis-docuseries-amazon

At first I thought negatively about it as most of his fans, but then as I started to find our and think about it more, now I am inclined to think that this might actually do him some good in motivation department. It's getting harder and harder to him to do that and something like this might just do the trick. People were saying that him getting married and having a kid would be a distraction (the two evens were for a brief period of time) but then they surged him to great heights. He is a smart cookie and his business moves, albeit sometimes determined by his personality and beliefs, are very sound and healthy. And frankly he needs to have his mind occupied with something new every now and often.:yes:

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
My impression is that he has much too much on his plate already in last three months. I don't know why you think differently and especially how's he to perform better now with additional duties which ATP Council President and the reality show when those injuries already made things very hard for him, so keeps losing to some guys you'd expect him to win against, like Querrery, Del Potro and Wawrinka.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
jerzy janowizc won challenger tourney sunday. think he beat mal aggro. jj also playing this week Italy, won 1st rd today (Monday),

125 rank points revived him back upto 166. missed over 6months with knee injury.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
PHM got married with Quitterie, his long term gf, congrats to them

Reactions: Tennis Fan

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Wednesday, 21.9.16, exhibition in Milano, Italy in favour of NDF

Serena Williams vs Flavia Pennetta, followed by
Serena/Fabio vs Flavia/No1e mix

Thursday, 22.9.16 in Milano, Italy

Djokovic vs Nadal

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Tsonga pulled out of Asian tour (knee injured)

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
james mcgee (Ireland's no1) won his 1st ever challenger title, albeit one of the smaller ones. he won $7'200, and 95 rank points, also he has to qualify so in total won 8 matches to claim the title.

dreddy brown lost a larger challenger final in poland I think, but still made the atp highlights reel with a facing the wrong way cc passing shot winner at match point down. $9'000 winnings, and 75 rank points.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 843
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2587
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 3390
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2183
tented Pro Tennis (Mens) 1068