General Doping/PEDs Discussion

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I did remember that someone claimed needle-phobia. Didn't remember it was the Serbian DC captain. Also didn't realize that those phobias were directly transferrable.

Denying a drug test is considered failing one. What does it mean if you put it off by several hours?
Well if you are innocent what does that matter it is only a prick on your finger for goodness sake

Reactions: the AntiPusher

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well if you are innocent what does that matter it is only a prick on your finger for goodness sake
From what I read on the WADA site, the discussion is of "vials" for blood, so it's not a finger stick. But, for sure, if you're innocent, why would you mind giving a bit of blood?

Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
From what I read on the WADA site, the discussion is of "vials" for blood, so it's not a finger stick. But, for sure, if you're innocent, why would you mind giving a bit of blood?
Oh okay thanks, I thought it was a finger prick,

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Novak Djokovic faces calls to be suspended after furious refusal to take anti-doping test

Former cyclist and current team boss of UCI WorldTeam Groupama-FDJ Marc Madiot believes tennis’ authorities should draw a line in the sand by suspending the sport’s biggest star for breaking protocol.

“There are rules of testing before and after competition,” Madiot told RMC. “If the anti-doping body is doing its job, Mr Novak Djokovic must be suspended. He refused a test before the match and did it after. In cycling, you are subjected to a test and if you refuse, you are automatically positive. If that is the case, you are sanctioned. You don’t have the right to refuse testing, that’s the rule."

He added: “In the assortment of doping products there are those that can be detected for a very limited period of time. If you don’t test yourself before the start, during the match, their traces can be erased in the body. That is why testing was introduced before the competition. The fact that he was only warned is unreal.”

Djokovic does have an aggressive attitude towards bending and breaking rules, and insisting that rules shouldn’t apply to him. Nothing will come of this but he’s long enough in the tooth to realise his responsibilities to the sport…

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Reactions: Fiero425 and Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I just saw this. What's going on with THIS. Mr Kieran bring me up to date, what's the skinny (important details)?
Well the skinny is that he loudly positioned himself as victim so he could skip the test. There maybe more to come of this, though it seems to be gone quiet. It’s the mention of “doping products…that can be detected for a very limited period of time. If you don’t test yourself before the start, during the match, their traces can be erased in the body” that really caught my eye.

The dope testers seem to have been acting correctly, and players should never be placing the sport in a bad light by refusing tests. It’s not surprising that Djoker’s reaction was hostile and aggressive towards the testers. He was similarly dismissive of their importance when Troicki tried to pull a fast one…

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Well the skinny is that he loudly positioned himself as victim so he could skip the test. There maybe more to come of this, though it seems to be gone quiet. It’s the mention of “doping products…that can be detected for a very limited period of time. If you don’t test yourself before the start, during the match, their traces can be erased in the body” that really caught my eye.

The dope testers seem to have been acting correctly, and players should never be placing the sport in a bad light by refusing tests. It’s not surprising that Djoker’s reaction was hostile and aggressive towards the testers. He was similarly dismissive of their importance when Troicki tried to pull a fast one…
Yes Sir. It's pretty cut and dry..why would giving a sample pre match cause him so much despair. Heck , Everyone have to clear their bladder before they play regardless ( I know it's not the point but you get my meaning).

Last edited:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Yes Sir. It's pretty cut and dry..why would giving a sample pre match cause him so much despair. Heck , Everyone has clear their bladder before they play regardless ( I know it's not the point but you get my meaning).
Exactly. It’s definitely a strike against him, even if it isn’t officially one. Imagine the reaction of Djoker fans if Rafa skipped a test?

But this is a bad look for the sport…:facepalm:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Exactly. It’s definitely a strike against him, even if it isn’t officially one. Imagine the reaction of Djoker fans if Rafa skipped a test?

Interesting perspective. If he doesn't gets suspended, the whole process is "tainted". It would take a strong voice like Roger's brilliance input to get the drug enforcement agency to take action. I'm not confident enough anything will come of this

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Interesting perspective. If he doesn't gets suspended, the whole process is "tainted". It would take a strong voice like Roger's brilliance input to get the drug enforcement agency to take action. I'm not confident enough anything will come of this
Agreed. Would be really surprised if anything comes of this. Besides, why would something happen now? Haven't we seen enough blatant sketchy behavior (mystery bottles included) over the years only for it to fall into the Bermuda triangle.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Agreed. Would be really surprised if anything comes of this. Besides, why would something happen now? Haven't we seen enough blatant sketchy behavior (mystery bottles included) over the years only for it to fall into the Bermuda triangle.
Well that’s a point. Wasn’t he going to expose what’s in the bottles?

Reactions: kskate2 and Moxie

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Well that’s a point. Wasn’t he going to expose what’s in the bottles?
I've been waiting over 2 years and thank God I knew not to hold my breath. To @MargaretMcAleer point, I think he is going to market and sell this hocus pocus, but he's got to make sure it's legal before he does

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I've been waiting over 2 years and thank God I knew not to hold my breath. To @MargaretMcAleer point, I think he is going to market and sell this hocus pocus, but he's got to make sure it's legal before he does
So it should be on sale already, basically, but it’s not - so it’s not legal?

:popcorn

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I read the other day source Tennis Majors, that Djokovic reportedly is set to launch 'New Sports Hydrating" drink in 2024 while playing in Australia, as yet there hasnt been a confirmed date.Novak is starting up a new business consisting of a lot of Wellness Products.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
It's going to very interesting if Novak's refusal makes the news ticker on ESPN, CNN and Fox news. I would think Halep's team would start trying to leak it to the news outlets just on general principles. Although it's not going to really help her case in my opinion but in the court of public opinion.
I’m waiting to see if David Walsh picks up on this, the Irish journalist for the Sunday Times who was one of the ones who hounded Lance Armstrong, among others…

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Imagine the reaction of Fedfans if Rafa skipped a test. They'd come back from the "dead" to cry foul! :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

That part was new to me, too...that if you don't give the sample prior to the match, the result could be different. That the traces can be erased during the match.

So, it wasn't just a "postponed" test, it was a refused one, which is supposed to be the same as a failed one. I went back and looked: Troicki got suspended for refusing that blood test, claiming squeamishness, (odd enough, in a pro athlete, that late in his career.) Not the same treatment for world #1?

Reactions: Kieran

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Imagine the reaction of Fedfans if Rafa skipped a test. They'd come back from the "dead" to cry foul! :face-with-tears-of-joy:
Hey there's still a play for Fed fans if they could prove Novak's career is a drug cheat.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
You are catching on the straws here. Novak did not break the rules, he could give the samples before or after the match, those are the rules, despite what this cyclist is saying.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 850
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2587
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 3390
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2183
tented Pro Tennis (Mens) 1068