General Doping/PEDs Discussion

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Also, I just heard this. Maybe it was mentioned earlier, but Novak was asked to take a drug test prior to his match v. Norrie the other day, which he was unhappy about. He managed to put it off until after.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Also, I just heard this. Maybe it was mentioned earlier, but Novak was asked to take a drug test prior to his match v. Norrie the other day, which he was unhappy about. He managed to put it off until after.
Really? Was it a urine test? I wonder why he put it off. I doubt they asked him ten minutes before the match..

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Really? Was it a urine test? I wonder why he put it off. I doubt they asked him ten minutes before the match..
I think it was blood test too. The guy who was supposed to take the samples came 1 hour before Novak had a match, but he was already warming up and postponed it until after the match. He was suprised they come this late, but the company which takes samples claim it's a normal procedure in ITF and that it was announced that they will come.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I think it was blood test too. The guy who was supposed to take the samples came 1 hour before Novak had a match, but he was already warming up and postponed it until after the match. He was suprised they come this late, but the company which takes samples claim it's a normal procedure in ITF and that it was announced that they will come.
Correct it was a blood test

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I heard he'd never been asked to take a test before a match, and felt thrown off by it. If it was a blood test, that would seem odd. Not sure how much they take, or if it's just a finger prick. But I can see why it would throw your preparation off. I actually mentioned it because it was so odd, and we rarely get a view into how and when testing happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: don_fabio

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I heard he'd never been asked to take a test before a match, and felt thrown off by it. If it was a blood test, that would seem odd. Not sure how much they take, or if it's just a finger prick. But I can see why it would throw your preparation off. I actually mentioned it because it was so odd, and we rarely get a view into how and went testing happens.
Novak dosent like needles much? even if it is a finger prick

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

Anytime before a match is abuse of power IMO! What are they looking for from the World #1? Have the conspiracies started that Djokovic must be "on something" to have unprecedented success at 36? I guess there has to be something other than skill; training, thoughtful scheduling, & a mentality that's overcome all obstacles to his GOALS which might contribute to the record! :fearful-face: :yawningface: :angry-face: :face-with-hand-over-mouth: :face-with-head-bandage:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Anytime before a match is abuse of power IMO! What are they looking for from the World #1? Have the conspiracies started that Djokovic must be "on something" to have unprecedented success at 36? I guess there has to be something other than skill; training, thoughtful scheduling, & a mentality that's overcome all obstacles to his GOALS which might contribute to the record! :fearful-face: :yawningface: :angry-face: :face-with-hand-over-mouth: :face-with-head-bandage:
Oh, brush your skirt back down. Nadal once complained that they came to his hotel and woke him up at 7:30am for a test, when he had a match early that same day. His complaint was that they could have waited until he got to the grounds, as he was going there, anyway, rather than wake him and his GF up. And he would have been #1 or 2 or so, at the time. And, yes, it was before a match. Somehow I don't remember your outrage at that one, as an "abuse of power." Also, I think he did subject himself to the test, rather than having it put off, only just that he complained about the hour...speaking of "abuse of power."

Last edited:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
No, the conspiracies about Djoker haven’t started - they started years ago when he suddenly spiked. Abuse of power is when the world number one ducks a dope test…

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
No, the conspiracies about Djoker haven’t started - they started years ago when he suddenly spiked. Abuse of power is when the world number one ducks a dope test…
Ask Serena how it went for her, in the PR dept., when she took to her panic room because some random guy showed up at her house for a doping test, early hours, and she'd had previous stalker problems. Novak was within the venue of the event when approached to be tested. And he used his status to put it off. Yes, it has made the news, but I don't see the same kerfuffle when he refused a test.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Ask Serena how it went for her, in the PR dept., when she took to her panic room because some random guy showed up at her house for a doping test, early hours, and she'd had previous stalker problems. Novak was within the venue of the event when approached to be tested. And he used his status to put it off. Yes, it has made the news, but I don't see the same kerfuffle when he refused a test.
I agree, though I thought that Serena was fishy too. I know she had stalker issues but she also had access to the best security money can buy. But yeah, Novak we’ll be treated differently, though people might equally suspect him…

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I agree, though I thought that Serena was fishy too. I know she had stalker issues but she also had access to the best security money can buy. But yeah, Novak we’ll be treated differently, though people might equally suspect him…
Point is, they've been treated differently. Barely a ripple that Novak put off a doping test.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Novak loves a drama whatever!
I am more interested in this 'energy drink and wellness thingy he is going to present in Australia in 2024 and will Craig Tiley have anything to do with it, seeing he has been his 'protector' at the AO

Reactions: Moxie

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Point is, they've been treated differently. Barely a ripple that Novak put off a doping test.
Absolutely. I remember Victor Troicki claiming he gets a dose of the vapours when he sees a needle, and copping a ban. Djoker not only supported him but attacked the dope testers. Now, how are we supposed to have a clean sport when the world number one is in favour of players skipping tests?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Absolutely. I remember Victor Troicki claiming he gets a dose of the vapours when he sees a needle, and copping a ban. Djoker not only supported him but attacked the dope testers. Now, how are we supposed to have a clean sport when the world number one is in favour of players skipping tests?
See Moxie
I did say Novak dosent like needles thanks Kieran

Reactions: Kieran

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
See Moxie
I did say Novak dosent like needles thanks Kieran
I did remember that someone claimed needle-phobia. Didn't remember it was the Serbian DC captain. Also didn't realize that those phobias were directly transferrable.

Denying a drug test is considered failing one. What does it mean if you put it off by several hours?

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I did remember that someone claimed needle-phobia. Didn't remember it was the Serbian DC captain. Also didn't realize that those phobias were directly transferrable.

Denying a drug test is considered to failing one. What does it mean if you put it off by several hours?
I think it is transferable but can be stopped if you’re wearing a mask. There’s no vaccine yet for it, so Novak has no worries yet in that regard..

:lol6:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 850
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2587
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 3390
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2183
tented Pro Tennis (Mens) 1068