Federer: I think I'll return much stronger...I dream to win more GS and return to #1

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
I WAS in good humour! A bit better now, I admit.

Reactions: Moxie

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
You know what I like the most about this boards? The way we keep on topic.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Actually, I was just going to go back on topic, to distract from the naked people. I think it's great that Federer is such an optimist...Annacone often says so. But I don't think either another major or getting back to #1 are realistic. He should always be a threat at Wimbledon, but it's been a long time that we've been saying that "with the perfect set of circumstances...," and sometimes he's had them, without capitalizing.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Laver still thinks Federer can win a major:

The following was transcribed when a new statue was unveiled of Laver at Melbourne Park.

“It’s hard. Someone like Roger has so much talent. At 35 he might not of lost a step but you’ve lost that confidence that you can retrieve what you used to get so easily', the former Australian legend told reporters.

'You have to think about it a bit more and that perhaps creates any apprehension in his game. I think that’s the only thing he needs to think about, not about whether I’m fit enough, but can you play confidently when the chips are down?

I did see the [Alexander] Zverev match last night and to play three tiebreak sets against someone so strong when you’ve just come back is tough. I think he’s capable here, it depends on the draw really. If he has a lot of tough matches early on, then he might not have the best left in him nearer the final. But I think he’s certainly capable of winning another slam
.”

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Laver still thinks Federer can win a major:

The following was transcribed when a new statue was unveiled of Laver at Melbourne Park.

“It’s hard. Someone like Roger has so much talent. At 35 he might not of lost a step but you’ve lost that confidence that you can retrieve what you used to get so easily', the former Australian legend told reporters.

'You have to think about it a bit more and that perhaps creates any apprehension in his game. I think that’s the only thing he needs to think about, not about whether I’m fit enough, but can you play confidently when the chips are down?

I did see the [Alexander] Zverev match last night and to play three tiebreak sets against someone so strong when you’ve just come back is tough. I think he’s capable here, it depends on the draw really. If he has a lot of tough matches early on, then he might not have the best left in him nearer the final. But I think he’s certainly capable of winning another slam
.”

Laver's dreaming !!!

Reactions: Moxie