Farewell & R.I.P.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I don’t know what happened to her, brother, I’ve seen no news regarding the cause of death yet. She was a troubled soul, that’s for sure. Strong woman and great singer too!
She did seem quite a troubled soul, and was clearly shattered when she lost her son. Such a great singer. The heart breaks.

Reactions: Horsa and Kieran

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Just read another music legend, Robbie Robertson has passed away. R.I.P

Robbie Robertson, leader of The Band, dies aged 80​

Robbie Robertson, guitarist and songwriter for Canadian-American group The Band, has died aged 80.
A statement from his manager said he died on Wednesday surrounded by his family after a long illness.
The Band were an influential act in the late 1960s and also the subjects of The Last Waltz, a 1978 Martin Scorsese film about their farewell concert.
Robertson wrote some of their best-known songs, including The Weight and The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down.
Born Jaime Royal Robertson in Toronto in 1943, he left home to pursue a career in music aged 16.
As well as their own music, The Band were known for a spell touring as Bob Dylan's backing band before the success of their 1968 debut album, Music From Big Pink.

They released a string of acclaimed albums during the 1970s and, after playing their last show as a full band in 1976, reunited without Robertson for a number of tours and studio releases throughout the 1980s and 1990s.
Along with keyboardist Garth Hudson, Robertson was one of two surviving members of The Band's classic line-up.
After The Last Waltz, he collaborated with Scorsese on the soundtracks to some of the director's best-known films, including 1980 classic Raging Bull and 2019's The Irishman.
Paying tribute, Scorsese called Robertson a "giant" and "a constant in my life and work."
"Long before we ever met, his music played a central role in my life - me and millions and millions of other people all over this world," he said. "His effect on the art form was profound and lasting."

Writing on X, formerly known as Twitter, Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood said: "Such sad news about Robbie Robertson - he was a lovely man, a great friend and will be dearly missed."

Stevie van Zandt, a member of Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band, said Robertson was a "good friend" and "underrated brilliant guitar player".
Canadian singer Bryan Adams posted a photo of Robertson and wrote: "Thanks for the amazing music and the great hangs.

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The Band is part of my very soul. When Levon and Rickie died it was so bad. Robbie is part of all that. They were just sooooooooo great. I love their music and no other group comes close to them (for me) except for the Fab Four. RIP Jaime Robbie Robertson

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
R.I.P Sir Michael Parkinson. He was 88.

Probably the best ever TV chat show interviewer at long-form intelligent interviews that goes back to 1970. Among his countless interviews and TV shows with great actors, sportsmen, and music legends, my favourite is this one:

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
R.I.P Sir Michael Parkinson. He was 88.

Probably the best ever TV chat show interviewer at long-form intelligent interviews that goes back to 1970. Among his countless interviews and TV shows with great actors, sportsmen, and music legends, my favourite is this one:

I'm very sorry to hear he's gone. May he R.I.P.?

Reactions: Vince Evert

PhiEaglesfan712

Masters Champion
Reactions
Jimmy Buffett passed away on September 1 at age 76. His 1977 hit "Margaritaville" re-entered the Billboard Hot 100:

Reactions: shawnbm

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Jimmy Buffet is part of the soundtrack of my life--and I was mostly into his pre-One Particular Harbor records. I very much loved the early records before maragaritaville. The early tunes like Little Miss Magic, Peanut Butter Conspiracy and Tin Cup Chalice (songs he decades later placed on a record he called Songs You Don't Know By Heart--but we Buffet fans all did!). He made one's soul smile and feel a bit lighter with his homespun tunes. Hell, he was "God's Own Drunk and a fearless man"! Death of an Unpopular Poet was a favorite and in some ways reminds me of him--"words to make you happy, words to make you cry. Then one day the poet suddenly did die". That one came to me when I awoke on my birthday to find the headline on my phone that Jimmy had passed the night before from cancer. Damnation--one of the really good ones gone too soon, again. May his soul, and all souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
This is one of those actors that we all may not knew his name..his character Illya Kuryakin was one of my childhood favorites. Along with Robert Vaughn Napoleon Solo, those two GENTS were my hero.. I always thought he was Russian or from an Eastern block country but I just discovered he was Scottish. Bravo, to a wonderful career.

Reactions: Fiero425 and Moxie

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
This is one of those actors that we all may not knew his name..his character Illya Kuryakin was one of my childhood favorites. Along with Robert Vaughn Napoleon Solo, those two GENTS were my hero.. I always thought he was Russian or from an Eastern block country but I just discovered he was Scottish. Bravo, to a wonderful career.

He must have been working more in Britain! I enjoyed his performances on "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.," but hadn't seen him much until "NCIS!" :fearful-face:

Last edited:
Reactions: the AntiPusher

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
So very sad. Chandler was always my favourite character. But if I'm being honest, I'm shocked but not surprised. Rest in perfect peace...

• Sad
Reactions: Fiero425

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
RIP The great Shane MacGowan. Magnificent songwriter, died today aged 65…

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions

Nick Cave singing Rainy Night in Soho at Shane MacGowans funeral mass today..

• Love
Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Nick Cave singing Rainy Night in Soho at Shane MacGowans funeral mass today..

I so love Nick Cave, and that song. I heard a piece on BBC radio this morning, that as the hearse left Dublin, the people lined the streets, and they were singing "Fairytale of New York."

Reactions: Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I so love Nick Cave, and that song. I heard a piece on BBC radio this morning, that as the hearse left Dublin, the people lined the streets, and they were singing "Fairytale of New York."
Yeah it’s very sad. He was like Borg, he had a short window but during that period in the eighties he wrote some of the most naturally beautiful songs we’ll ever hear.

Reactions: Moxie

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sad to read of Brian Wilson's wife,

Melinda Ledbetter Dead At 77​

Melinda Ledbetter, Brian Wilson’s second wife, died Tuesday morning, Wilson announced on social media. Ledbetter was 77.

“My heart is broken,” the Beach Boys co-founder wrote on X, formerly Twitter. “Melinda, my beloved wife of 28 years, passed away this morning. Our five children and I are just in tears. We are lost. Melinda was more than my wife. She was my savior. She gave me the emotional
security I needed to have a career.”

“She encouraged me to make the music that was closest to my heart. She was my anchor. She was everything for us. Please say a prayer for her,” he said in another post.

Wilson married Ledbetter in 1995 after they met while she was working at a car dealership. They went on to adopt five children while they were together.

“I remember meeting her at her dealership, Cadillac, and I said, ‘God, she’s a pretty girl. That’s a pretty girl,’” Wilson told “Nightline” in 2015. “I just said to myself, ‘God, I think I’ll see her again sometime.’”