Farewell & R.I.P.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sopranos star James Gandolfini dies.

Sad news to hear James Gandolfini has died. This was my #1 TV show of all time, and he was a very good actor.

Http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2013/06/19/james-gandolfini-dead-dies-italy

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
RE: Sopranos star James Gandolfini dies.

Very sad indeed. Only 51 years old. He was an amazing actor and it was an awesome show.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

NO! No...:(

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions

That's very sad news, guy was so young. Lovedd him in everything...

Johnsteinbeck

Major Winner
Reactions

a shock indeed. such a great actor, most of all, but not only, for the Sopranos.

just realized/read that he'd become the father of a baby girl not even a year ago. such a shame. thoughts are with the family.

also, people are gonna hate me for this, but still, a reminder: balanced diet and regular exercise, people!

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

I was not able to write yesterday, but this is truly a loss for film and stage. A helluva presence in anything. He created one of the more memorable and multi-faceted characters in the history of television.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

A sadly prophetic scene but one of the best of the legendary series. P.S. Don't watch if you are offended by language and haven't seen the series :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_peSCECc4I

RIP James

tented

Administrator
Reactions

shawnbm said:
I was not able to write yesterday, but this is truly a loss for film and stage. A helluva presence in anything. He created one of the more memorable and multi-faceted characters in the history of television.

I'm glad you mention film and stage, and not just The Sopranos. His role in Zero Dark Thirty, while virtually a cameo, was nevertheless powerful and notable.

8MM is one of the most disturbing films I've ever seen, but Gandolfini was excellent.

And anyone who saw the fight-to-the-death scene in True Romance with Patricia Arquette will never forget it.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions

tented said:
shawnbm said:

I'm glad you mention film and stage, and not just The Sopranos. His role in Zero Dark Thirty, while virtually a cameo, was nevertheless powerful and notable.

8MM is one of the most disturbing films I've ever seen, but Gandolfini was excellent.

And anyone who saw the fight-to-the-death scene in True Romance with Patricia Arquette will never forget it.

Tented.. you are absolutely correct.. Gandolfini was a brilliant character actor. My sentiments exactly when I think of him, Sopranos, True Romance and 8MM.. He played such excellent an antiHero and villains.. The only explanation is that the Good Lord had another role for him to play in Heaven. God Bless his Soul and his family

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
First Gandolfini, Now Hoffman is gone

Philip Seymour Hoffman was found dead in his Manhattan apt from an apparent overdose. He was 46. Brilliant actor. RIP Philip.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
RE: First Gandolfini, Now Hoffman is gone

That's brutally sad, he was an exceptional actor. Battled drug demons and eventually it came to this. Shocked...

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

From what I read, they found him dead with the needle sticking out of his arm.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/philip-seymour-hoffman-found-dead-new-york-city-apartment-report-article-1.1599537

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions

Very sad alright. A great actor. RIP. Was just going to post news about this but you beat me to it, kskate2.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

I'd never heard of him to be honest. When I saw the thread title I initially thought Dustin Hoffman had died.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions

He won an Oscar for his portrayal of Truman Capote. I'm sure you've seen him in a film and probably didn't make the connection. He also played a role in the 3rd Mission Impossible movie. He played the villain.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

He was also amazing in "The Master" and "Magnolia." I saw him on Broadway in "A Long Day's Journey into Night." In the US, he was considered one of the finest actors of his generation. A very great loss.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Shirley Temple has passed away at the age of 85. A huge child actor and talent in the 1930s.

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
RE: FAVORITE ACTRESSES

kskate2 said:
Shirley Temple has passed away at the age of 85. A huge child actor and talent in the 1930s.

Have sat and watched classic old flicks of hers with my children. She was my late maternal grandmother's favorite child star. She used to play her songs on the spinet and we would sing along. This was in the late Sixties and early Seventies.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Another icon has passed. Bid farewell to Sid Caesar. A great comedian during the B/W era. He was 91.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
RE: FAVORITE ACTORS

Third icon this week has passed. Bid farewell to Ralph Waite better known as "Pa Walton". He was 85.