Danish Angel - Holger Rune Talk

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Just one more impressive and interesting stat for Little Holger fans to ponder.

As just a 20 year old ( along with Alcaraz) he has a winning head2head record against top 10 opponents in his career. That is rare indeed.

However since 2022 Rune has a 6-0 record versus top 5 opponents

:
# 3 Alexander Zverev 2R Bavarian Open
# 4 Stefano Tsitsipas 4R French Open
# 5 Stefano Tsitsipas F Stockholm Open
# 1 Carlos Alcaraz QF Paris Masters

2023:
# 5 Daniil Medvedev SF Monte Carlo Masters
# 1 Novak Djokovic QF Rome Masters

Overall he is 6-1, the one loss coming in the 2021 USO where the 18 year old Danish Cherub lost
to # 1 Novak Djokovic in 4 sets
. Again as a 18 year old.

One more tidbit, he has a perfect winning head2head with Medvedev, Tsitsipas & Zverev (4-0), a winning head2head with Novak (2-1) and a 1-1 head2head versus Carlitos, that one loss as an 18 year in the ATP next gen tourney in 2021, where both he and Carlitos had not fully grown the hair on their “wings”….

The Viking warriors start young.
5522BC14-2594-49EB-B062-277F35CF3AAD.jpeg

Last edited:

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Someone once defined chutzpah as " killing both your parents and then throwing yourself on the mercy of the court because you are an orphan."

Well a new definition of chutzpah, hypocrisy, double standard desengenouness, gutless commentary would be one Patrick McEnroe:

As a fan of tennis and little Hoger I think the Danish Angel explained it best...
1684963910760.png

IN addition, when Patrick McEnroe calls others a***hole without addressing one of the largest and most flagrant a**** holes of the last 50 years, namely his brother John McEnroe , whose top 100 egregious examples of bad conduct dwarf anything the Danish Angel has done, he needs to sit himself down and shut that overrated overpaid trap of his .

An unbiased and even tempered Holger fan.

1684964208653.png

Holger:
Is that a mosquito buzzing or is Patrick McEnroe talking..??

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Someone once defined chutzpah as " killing both your parents and then throwing yourself on the mercy of the court because you are an orphan."

Well a new definition of chutzpah, hypocrisy, double standard desengenouness, gutless commentary would be one Patrick McEnroe:

As a fan of tennis and little Hoger I think the Danish Angel explained it best...
View attachment 8199

IN addition, when Patrick McEnroe calls others a***hole without addressing one of the largest and most flagrant a**** holes of the last 50 years, namely his brother John McEnroe , whose top 100 egregious examples of bad conduct dwarf anything the Danish Angel has done, he needs to sit himself down and shut that overrated overpaid trap of his .

An unbiased and even tempered Holger fan.

View attachment 8200
Holger:
Is that a mosquito buzzing or is Patrick McEnroe talking..??
I’ve never taken Patrick seriously. Anyone who still has to be referred to as someone’s brother — “Patrick McEnroe, the brother of former World No. 1 John McEnroe” — is too insignificant to stand on their own. We would never say “Venus Williams, the sister of former World No. 1 Serena Williams” for example.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I’ve never taken Patrick seriously. Anyone who still has to be referred to as someone’s brother — “Patrick McEnroe, the brother of former World No. 1 John McEnroe” — is too insignificant to stand on their own. We would never say “Venus Williams, the sister of former World No. 1 Serena Williams” for example.

How rude! tt happens a lot; esp. w/ celebs! Solong Knowles is always paired w/ her sister Beyonce! I could go on! What's wrong w/ you? :thinking-face: :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Big upcoming match for little Holger, the Norweigan Bully looms in the QF , can the Danish Angel reach his first SF at a Slam?

However a disturbing ripple in the force, Ruud has cast his pseudo “nice guy” web of deceit to soften up Holger, weaken the Viking’s resolve…

Suspect Casper trying to soften up our guy with sugary donuts in the locker room; beware Noweigans bearing gifts…

now we have this from Holger:

"I mean, obviously there was drama last year and I hope we can make less drama this year," Rune told press about their all-Nordic rematch. "We played each other in Rome. It was a good match.

"He's a good player. I respect him. There's no problem. We're good. Should be a match without problems, hopefully. Just looking forward for it.

Oh Holger….

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Little Holger is all grown up as he completes on Wednesday the privilege of playing on the main stadium of all the Slams.

Yes, The Danish Angel will play his first main draw Centre Court march at Wimbledon versus the # 1 and fellow 20 year old Carlos Alcaraz.

Holgerites a reminder to stay fully hydrated during the match !!

IMG_3666.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: lomaha and tented

lomaha

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Little Holger is all grown up as he completes on Wednesday the privilege of playing on the main stadium of all the Slams.

Yes, The Danish Angel will play his first main draw Centre Court march at Wimbledon versus the # 1 and fellow 20 year old Carlos Alcaraz.

Holgerites a reminder to stay fully hydrated during the match !!

View attachment 8462
Honestly I don't think he ever tasted alcohol...

Reactions: Kieran

lomaha

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
It's funny with all the assumptions going around of Rune asking his mom to leave the stadium during some earlier matches. He never did. He asked his trainer to leave because he got frustrated with him commenting on his game. His mother chose to leave instead and did that because she know him well. He did some stupid things in his first matches on tour and they will forever haunt him, but this one was misunderstood compleetly.

Working with the danish mental coach B.S.Christiansen has made a huge impact on his behaviour. Many sees him as a spoiled brat - he is not. He is working hard and wants to win. And hates to loose.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
It's funny with all the assumptions going around of Rune asking his mom to leave the stadium during some earlier matches. He never did. He asked his trainer to leave because he got frustrated with him commenting on his game. His mother chose to leave instead and did that because she know him well. He did some stupid things in his first matches on tour and they will forever haunt him, but this one was misunderstood compleetly.

Working with the danish mental coach B.S.Christiansen has made a huge impact on his behaviour. Many sees him as a spoiled brat - he is not. He is working hard and wants to win. And hates to loose.
Thanks for the clarifications.

The last two sentences above remind me of Serena Williams, who hated to lose more than anyone I’ve ever seen. If Rune is like that, too, it would explain a lot, especially his ability to pull out wins when things look completely grim.

Reactions: Kieran

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

tented

Administrator
Reactions
His mom reminds me a bit in his younger days of the Rafa parents: there to give moral & emotional support but not pretending to be a coach themselves.

Too many tennis parents credit themselves as the main reason their children are exceptional tennis talents.
That’s a good comparison. The same could be said of Roger’s parents: always there for support, but never coaching.

lomaha

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Thanks for the clarifications.

The last two sentences above remind me of Serena Williams, who hated to lose more than anyone I’ve ever seen. If Rune is like that, too, it would explain a lot, especially his ability to pull out wins when things look completely grim.
When he was a junior he attended a tournament and came second loosing the finals 6-4 6-7 7-6 and he refused to accept the silvermedal. Because he was so mad about loosing. He had a terrible temper but also an incredible workethics.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
When he was a junior he attended a tournament and came second loosing the finals 6-4 6-7 7-6 and he refused to accept the silvermedal. Because he was so mad about loosing. He had a terrible temper but also an incredible workethics.
I think he’s fabulous and I like that bad attitude he has. I wish more players would hate losing as much as he does. I wish more players had his disregard for conventions and were brave enough to basically stick a finger up at tradition. I just hope he has enough ambition to go with it all, because he could be a mighty player over the next few years if he does..

Reactions: lomaha and tented