Reactions
Results for Wednesday Sep 29
1632960490555.png

1632960528923.png

Reactions: AnonymousFan

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I am always bemused by players when they withdraw from tournaments and say 'It's my favorite tournament to play", dosen't hold well for the rest of the tournaments on the tour they play :)
Who called this their fave tourney? It's brand new. :thinking-face:

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Rogers d Andreescu 64 75.....Bianca cannot afford to keep going out in first rd matches,she was well below her best today,FH was wild....if she continues on this way her ranking will plummet,as IW starts next week.,as she is the defending champion.

I know Vondrousova can be a tough opponent,though I thought Pavlyuchenkova (4) could defeat her,losing 63 62.
Bebe was an UE machine out there. It was ugly :-(. She needs to play w/ more margin, patience and topspin until she gets her range and confidence back. Stop going for the lines and shots from impossible positions. :thumbs-down: On a positive note, Shelby definitely made a better showing in my former hood than she did at the USO. She was absolutely dismal there.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Bebe was an UE machine out there. It was ugly :-(. She needs to play w/ more margin, patience and topspin until she gets her range and confidence back. Stop going for the lines and shots from impossible positions. :thumbs-down: On a positive note, Shelby definitely made a better showing in my former hood than she did at the USO. She was absolutely dismal there.
Agree,one of the things I have always admired in Bianca's game was the ability to get get her opponent's off balance at the baseline,with the variety she has,she needs to go back to basics,until she finds her range,her FH was just Ugly full stop.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Sweet 16 in Chicago,

Svitolina (1) vs Ruse
Pegula vs Jabeur (6)
Bencic (3) vs Martincova
Rybakina (5) vs Kudermetova (12)
Mertens (7) vs Collins (10)
Teichmann vs Vondrousova
Rogers vs Hontama (Q)
Muguruza (2) vs Azarenka (14)

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I forgot to mention, Pavs is going through a letdown after not winning that RG final. She was so close to winning a slam and now she can barely make the 4th round of any tourney since then.

Ellentonboy

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
I had to be happy for Shelby, she has had injuries that she thought would end her career. She's managed to work hard and become fit. Gotta give her credit for hanging in there, holding her nerve and defeating Andreescu.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Why do I hear Pammie in the booth next to Taylor? Is she on loan from ESPN? Why? Chanda is much better and was there earlier in the week.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Qualifer Hontama (Japan) defeat Rogers in 3 sets 64 67 (1) 61....how many times have we seen a player defeat a higher ranked player only to go out in their next match meekly?

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Qualifer Hontama (Japan) defeat Rogers in 3 sets 64 67 (1) 61....how many times have we seen a player defeat a higher ranked player only to go out in their next match meekly?
Well at least she pushed it to a decider. She was absolutely bludgeoned at the Open

• Haha

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Q/finals,

Svitolina (1) vs Jabeur (6)
Bencic (3) vs Rybakina (5)
Collins (10) vs Vondrousova
Hontama (Q) vs Muguruza (2)

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
MM,
Talk about hot messes. Why is Scone out here in Kamau's backyard stinking up the joint? The girl is about to be sent packing to Zidansek 6-2 5-1 :facepalm:
Sloane should be ashamed of herself.. Madison is from up the road Rockford Illinois and Sloane has a lot of Chicago tennis community connections..I'm glad I wasn't able to make it back for those two disasters..

I don't think we are ever going to see the Graf, Seles Serena days when they beat the crap out of the weaker sisters ladies of the WTA week end and week out. SMH2

Ellentonboy

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
I noticed Mertens and Hseih defaulted their quarterfinal doubles match in Chicago. I hope both are okay. Was wondering if they wanted to get over to Indian Wells ASAP, maybe Hsieh has to play qualifying for singles. Anyone know the reason they pulled out?

WOOPS! I did some research and now I feel a little foolish. It looks like Hsieh is in the main draw as she was substituted for another player who withdrew. Now I know Mertens is certainly in, and the two are actually going to be seeded second in doubles. But I am still curious why they would default their doubles in Chicago, I would think they would have plenty of time to get to Indian Wells with a start date of the 6th. Sickness, injury? Just wondering.......

Last edited: