13. Tamara Zidansek
14. Victoria Azarenka
15. Camila Giorgi
16. Jil Teichmann

C7DBCBAC-0047-44ED-A3E7-020CE297995F.jpeg

Ellentonboy

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Su-Wei Hsieh d Kim Clijsters in a hot mess of a tennis match in 3 sets 63 57 63.
BTW Amelie Mauresmo was sitting in Kim's box
A hot mess is right! I really didn't know if Clijsters was going to pull that match out, all those service breaks and yet Su-Wei manages to come up with the victory. I found the crowd to be pro-Kim, but in the end they were gracious to applaud for Hsieh. What a way to start an event.....

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
A hot mess is right! I really didn't know if Clijsters was going to pull that match out, all those service breaks and yet Su-Wei manages to come up with the victory. I found the crowd to be pro-Kim, but in the end they were gracious to applaud for Hsieh. What a way to start an event.....
Su-Wei is a very tricky player to face at anytime,I knew Kim would be in for a hard match.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Su-Wei Hsieh d Kim Clijsters in a hot mess of a tennis match in 3 sets 63 57 63.
BTW Amelie Mauresmo was sitting in Kim's box
I saw some of it. Kimmie is nowhere near fit enough to be competing w/ these NG young guns, let alone any of the vets. :nono:

Amelie is one person who hasn't tried to make a comeback to the tour.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I saw some of it. Kimmie is nowhere near fit enough to be competing w/ these NG young guns, let alone any of the vets. :nono:

Amelie is one person who hasn't tried to make a comeback to the tour.
Agree,Kim needs to concentrate on her fitness for starters,she cannot expect to come back to the tour,at her current level.I was surprised to see Amelie in her box,I know she isnt coaching Kim,maybe there to give her some support.
BTW Kim was happy with her performance and said she has made progression.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Well maybe progress to her is making it to a decider. But if Hsieh had 1/2 a serve, it would've been straights.

• Haha

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Kim Clijsters is playing doubles she is partnering up with Kirsten Flipkens.
Kim also said she would like to play at IW.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
MM,
Talk about hot messes. Why is Scone out here in Kamau's backyard stinking up the joint? The girl is about to be sent packing to Zidansek 6-2 5-1 :facepalm:

• Haha

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
MM,
Talk about hot messes. Why is Scone out here in Kamau's backyard stinking up the joint? The girl is about to be sent packing to Zidansek 6-2 5-1 :facepalm:
I give up on Scone,at times,she should be able to defeat Zidansek with ease,now she will be going out in her first match.

Ellentonboy

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
So disappointed to see Giorgi go out in the first round, I thought she would be the favorite in that match. I believe she has now lost three matches in a row since winning the title in Canada. Hopefully she can get her game together for next week's big event in California. Have to mention Hsieh, who I really enjoy watching, after beating Kim C. in the first round, she loses the next day to Ons and wins a total of one game. How disappointing......

Reactions: tented

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Anett Kontaveit has withdrawn from her 2nd rd match against a qualifer with a thigh injury....after winning Ostava I cannot understand why she played this tournament to start with,as IW is next week
Qualifer M.Hontama gets a walkover to the next round with Kontaveit's withdrawal.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Watching Andreescu v Rogers match

Bianca playing well below her best,her fhand has gone AWOL,she committed 15 UFE at one stage on her FH.Bianca had BPs to get back in the 1st set could not convert.
Rogers 6-4 1st set

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rogers d Andreescu 64 75.....Bianca cannot afford to keep going out in first rd matches,she was well below her best today,FH was wild....if she continues on this way her ranking will plummet,as IW starts next week.,as she is the defending champion.

I know Vondrousova can be a tough opponent,though I thought Pavlyuchenkova (4) could defeat her,losing 63 62.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I am always bemused by players when they withdraw from tournaments and say 'It's my favorite tournament to play", dosen't hold well for the rest of the tournaments on the tour they play :)

• Haha